Des getting Sacked Articles Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for. I'd prefer us to make a good decision than get stuck on the old coaching roundabout replacing bad coach after bad coach for many years on end.

Walters is a figurehead and not a true club coach. As a state coach, especially of a QLD team filled with immortals, your role is more around selection and motivating the players than actually doing any of the day to day club level duties. And Walters doesnt even look good at doing that.
100%. I don't think any other coach is gonna do much better with the current roster and I feel we'd just become like most other sides and be going through a coach every few years

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not rocket science ay...
Not to sound arrogant, or all knowing, but when you listen to the general opinion you quickly realize that a lot of people have no idea how coaching is done, nor how processes in any large organisation work.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. It's good to know there is a payout figure there but I doubt he's close to the sack knowing Dibs hard on for him...

We should all just hope that Hasler gets the sack before we worry about replacements.

Everyone has to start their coaching career eventually. Look how well Barrett has done this year and with little to work with. Flanagan won a comp with no fg coaching experience.

Maguire and Robinson both cam from the super league and won a comp.

Any highly rated coach from the lower grades or the ESL would be a breath of fresh air into a stale and regressing club.
If barrett was our coach everyone would have been screaming for him to be sacked last year, same if it was paul mcgregor, same with maguire this year, same with robinson last year.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If barrett was our coach everyone would have been screaming for him to be sacked last year, same if it was paul mcgregor, same with maguire this year, same with robinson last year.
Thank you M4cca, saves me writing a post lol

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If getting rid of Des cost us Foran I wouldn't even hesitate. Is anyone able to confirm this 500k payout clause, might help lay some form of legitimacy to the articles claim?
Thats ridiculous, we've needed a top half for years. You're dreaming if you think even bellamy could come in and get the results everyone wants with the spine we have now.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My solution
Football CEO Steve Mortimer
COOPERATING with
Business CEO Steve Price or C. Payne or anyone else that knows what he is doing
Michael Hagan should be the coach or at least an assistant coach to Dymock or Pay, he won 2 premierships with us and as a coach he won the 2001 G final with the knights and assisted Meninga in SOO and now Australia
My message to Mr Ray Dib...WAKE UP You are sleeping with the ENEMY...Nick Politis.
Your last line is the most accurate one, but then Politis has managed to get ch 9 to support the rotters and IMHO they have a lot of influence on who wins the comp, they have been responsible for the extra 30k--40k extra news paper sales on bad Bulldogs publicity.
Dib might see it that been close to Politis might help us, What a pity that we have to resort to arse l-----k ing to survive in the comp.
As much as I wan't Des gone, lets not forget that any coach is a risk.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thats ridiculous, we've needed a top half for years. You're dreaming if you think even bellamy could come in and get the results everyone wants with the spine we have now.
Bellamy wouldn't have the spine we have now considering it was hand picked by Mr Hasler himself. I'd happily throw Foran away if we lost Hasler considering we will be lucky to get 10 games out of him.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to sound arrogant, or all knowing, but when you listen to the general opinion you quickly realize that a lot of people have no idea how coaching is done, nor how processes in any large organisation work.
Nor do u need to be arrogant or all knowing, if u genuinely understand how it all works or have experienced it 1st hand then its a no brainer.
The ones that come on and say otherwise, id be more inclined to say they're the so called "all knowers"
The "head" coach is titled that for a reason haha

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett still hasn't proven himself, how much of influence does his assistant coach have, John Cartwright who has massive raps on him from all in rugby league

McGregor is an updated model of Hasler, has the same game plan but has a better half (Widdop), and we're seeing the dragons struggle now, given the very easy draw they had at the start of the season

Maguire is a problem, and has been for a while, Souths are in denial if they see him as a long term coach

Robinson, lost maloney, pearce, JWH for last season, EVERYONE knew the roosters were in trouble last year.

Meanwhile your supercoach Hasler has had 5.5 years, an open cheque book both for recruitment and facilities and HAS DELIVERED STUFF ALL.

You lunatics supporting hasler have NFI!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hate to be the bringer of bad news BUT all of you getting hard ons over this (and don't get me wrong I'd love to see it), but let's be realistic here:

1. It's the Mole.... I'm still waiting for us to sign James Tedesco after he said on radio it he was 100% gone to the Dogs on his last contract.
2. It's a payout of $500,00 PER SEASON (total payout $1 million for 2018/2019 seasons).
3. No quotes or information, just typical Mole lies.

When he's found out as a liar it'll be:
"A source at the Dogs has told us that Des will be given 2018 to prove himself with his new recruits."
Then
"A club insider has told us given Des is only contracted till end of 2019, he will be allowed to see his contract out".

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awok fuck I didn't know that thanks bro.
Doesn't mean shit tho. One thing i have realised with dymock is he must love his pay packet considering he's been contaminated thru des n his bs lol

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett still hasn't proven himself, how much of influence does his assistant coach have, John Cartwright who has massive raps on him from all in rugby league

McGregor is an updated model of Hasler, has the same game plan but has a better half (Widdop), and we're seeing the dragons struggle now, given the very easy draw they had at the start of the season

Maguire is a problem, and has been for a while, Souths are in denial if they see him as a long term coach

Robinson, lost maloney, pearce, JWH for last season, EVERYONE knew the roosters were in trouble last year.

Meanwhile your supercoach Hasler has had 5.5 years, an open cheque book both for recruitment and facilities and HAS DELIVERED STUFF ALL.

You lunatics supporting hasler have NFI!
It's not as much supporting hasler as realising that just sacking him won't solve all the clubs problems and make the club do any better next year. The roster is the biggest issue that the club has to address. Our goal line defence has been very good this year for the most part and the attack will fall into place when the right players are brought to the club.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mary is still an average coach. He's more negative than Hasler with how often he takes the two.

If Hasler had won a comp and dropped people as much as Robinson and Maguire did then he'd be afforded the same patience from the fans those guys received. Up until now the fanbase has been very patient with Hasler and Dib.

Barrett inherited a complete mess with their cap situation, mostly created by Hasler and has completely changed their style of play and they're now a top 4 team with average talent outside of their top 4 or 5 players.

Whoever replaces Hasler will have to work wonders to fix the cap mess that he has created.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bellamy wouldn't have the spine we have now considering it was hand picked by Mr Hasler himself. I'd happily throw Foran away if we lost Hasler considering we will be lucky to get 10 games out of him.
I'd rather hasler just fix the roster from now than to make a panic decision and sign a coach who won't do any better with the current roster. Last year was pretty much the only extended time foran's had off the field due to injury, we've needed a player like him for years

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not as much supporting hasler as realising that just sacking him won't solve all the clubs problems and make the club do any better next year. The roster is the biggest issue that the club has to address. Our goal line defence has been very good this year for the most part and the attack will fall into place when the right players are brought to the club.
No one has said sacking hasler will solve our problems.

We're all aware that a rebuild is needed, that we don't have the cattle in the spine, and we see 2018 as a rebuild (if hasler is sacked).

2019 we'll have Eastwood, graham, Morris brothers off contract and that will give us room to move within the salary cap.

But we still have to put up with tolman, Holland, hopoate.

And given haslers recruitment history I in no way what so ever see our roster improving with him at the helm

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
On paper our team is so much better than Manly's yet TB has them tied for 2nd playing attacking football. Des has lost the plot and he should've been sacked after the 2015 season.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On paper our team is so much better than Manly's yet TB has them tied for 2nd playing attacking football. Des has lost the plot and he should've been sacked after the 2015 season.
No we aren't

Jackson
Klemmer
Morris x2

That's it

Manly beat us in every other position

And they've got Lloyd perret doing a job for them, a job we're partially paying for

Status
Not open for further replies.