Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait is this 100% confirmed?
Kind of. Nothing official yet but all reports are that he's told the other players already and his brother jumped on twitter to blast the Bulldogs for letting him go and thank the Tigers for taking him.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kind of. Nothing official yet but all reports are that he's told the other players already and his brother jumped on twitter to blast the Bulldogs for letting him go and thank the Tigers for taking him.
isn't his brother a massive ice junkie LOL ? who's been in and out of jail...

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
make a poll, i want to know how many people here think reynodls should go.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
he won the Dally M with us too (2009) , that was before he got Dessed!

so argument fails that he got better with age.

He was restricted and shackled under Des.
That is my point though. he was a second string hooker with 3 other clubs came to us and won a DallyM. Then he goes on to play SOO. How could that happen if Des had shackled him so badly? Up until he retired he had been either the No 1 or No 2 NSW hooker for years. Sure, Ennis wanted to play a different style but it wasn't the style that apparently suited us with the players we had at the time. It's not just about letting a bloke have his head you have to have the cattle with capacity to make it work as well. I agree he played a slightly different style with the Sharks, but that was because it suited their personnel and structures. Would the same thing have worked for us? Maybe, maybe not - we'll never know.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That is my point though. he was a second string hooker with 3 other clubs came to us and won a DallyM. Then he goes on to play SOO. How could that happen if Des had shackled him so badly? Up until he retired he had been either the No 1 or No 2 NSW hooker for years. Sure, Ennis wanted to play a different style but it wasn't the style that apparently suited us with the players we had at the time. It's not just about letting a bloke have his head you have to have the cattle with capacity to make it work as well. I agree he played a slightly different style with the Sharks, but that was because it suited their personnel and structures. Would the same thing have worked for us? Maybe, maybe not - we'll never know.

if it wasnt for Des, Ennis would have killed Farah and wont even be the 2nd best rather the best hooker for NSW

as he proved for 2 consecutive years after leaving us/Des.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gee mate you are using the title of club legend a bit loosely. Players like Lamb, Mortimer,Hughes,Folkes,Sherwin are club legends. Played in Premiership winning teams some multiple times. Players like Ennis and Reynolds are good players but would hardly call them club legends..
Theres been two club legends in the past 10-15 years in my opinion. Steve price and hazem el masri. Sherwin went to shit after he signed a 5 year deal, so he is a no from me. But if grub finished his career at the dogs and won a premiership, he would definitely be.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Grub isn't a very good half. Plays pretty hard though, which I like, but he doesn't have a very good pass and his kicking is shitty. Still better kicking game than Mbye though lol.

He will not play any better than he has here. Here he got to two Gfs and played SOO. if he does better than that at that shitty club I will be very surprised.

Foran on one leg, Foran WITH one leg is miles better than Grub.

Hope he does well though.
\

Grub is a much better half than you are a judge of footy tbh. :P

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could off lol... Could off , should off , would off .. There called excuses .

Reynolds and Ennis are both good players i like watching them both play. There just aren't club legends in my eyes. Reynolds was offered a decent deal by the dogs according to reports.He chose to take a higher offer in a inflated market. Good luck to him . I feel no bad feelings towards Reynolds or the club. This is the business of the modern game. Even if we miss out on Foran i don't feel we will be weaken by Reynolds going.
And off is the opposite of on. Lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Theres been two club legends in the past 10-15 years in my opinion. Steve price and hazem el masri. Sherwin went to shit after he signed a 5 year deal, so he is a no from me. But if grub finished his career at the dogs and won a premiership, he would definitely be.
Price didn't finish up here. Reynolds is a dogs legend no matter what. I really hope we find a way to win it this year. But whether he wins one or not, true doggies legend!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brothers look out for brothers. No need to shit on the bloke.
ohhhh sorry, i have no sympathy for a piece of shit who is a junkie and dealer .... apologies to the "High and Mighty" that you are

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Question 6:

Is Ivan Cleary retarded
He's already got temari Martin heading there soon

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the Warriors have far more deep seeded issues than foran can fix. I suspect culturally they are lacking the grit needed to win big games. Some of the efforts I saw yesterday were just lazy. Foran can show everyone what hard work is all about but he can't change it all in a year. But what he has shown me is leadership on the field and the ability to control and lead a team.

A better perspective of life under foran imo would be the eels and the manly. I do not doubt foran's ability... he is the half we need. But what I am worried about are his mental issues. Hopefully they have subsided.. as we all know having your heart broken is a terrible pain.
The warriors are a mentally weak side. They are good when theyre leading, but severely lack composure when theyre behind and need points to win. They throw the ball around with no respect and try to score off every play rather then build pressure. The only years they were really good were whwn they had some good aussie hard heads in their side like kevin kampion and steve price.
Forans a good start for the warriors, but he cant answer all of their prayers.

Last edited:

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
What exactly is Reynolds going to mentor Brooks in...Brooks already has a better kicking/running/passing game...

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This coming from someone who has a man crush on cook??!! Please.
Haha righto buddy. I'm not even going to go in to anything with anyone who busts out immature shit like that. And for your info mate cook is my surname. But yeah whatever Mr FlameBuoyant.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As per the latest news , dogs have given the flick to Josh Reynolds. Now I want to ask all the haters what are yous gonna do and say if Reynolds absolutely kills it ala Mick Ennis, wins the Dally M and or a premiership at Tigers in next 2 years?

I hope yous all put your hand up and confess that you were all wrong about him.

I am still waiting for the people who did that too Ennis 3 years ago on this very same forum.

But why? Ennis was playing shit this is absolute fact .. he needed the new coach otherwise he would have still been playing shit for us

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tigers had a similar player in Blake Austin..

Status
Not open for further replies.