Cooper Cronk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough decision whether to make a play at him. If foran were to string more games together injury free and was willing to come back to sydney next year i'd say we'd get more value out of signing him.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't get released bro. He just didn't trigger his second year option.

Can't make a deal.
Yeah, I saw that but it's just a hurdle in negotiations.

I really don't want to put up with Mbye playing half (and failing miserably) any longer than necessary [emoji6]

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
cronk to dogs
mbye to storm
think Mbye would flourish under their system
but dont even think Bellamy could make him a good halfback

id prefer we keep him and try him as a hooker first
Not gonna happen, Bellamy is a genius speculation about Cronk leaving has been around for ages they have a kid named Brodie Croft who will replace him. I hate throwing around the term "next anybody" but he's

already being compared to Cooper Cronk & apparently has a very similar playing style & temperament.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...r/news-story/4b5b753ff62f81e4dd7d7aba0eb78a01

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hypothetical:

Cronk - his price will be extremely high

OR

Foran - possibly cheaper due to his issues
+
Tedesco - money saved we are able to get him also

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hypothetical:

Cronk - his price will be extremely high

OR

Foran - possibly cheaper due to his issues
+
Tedesco - money saved we are able to get him also
Foran won't be cheap he's taking unders at the Warriors to put himself in the shopping window for Sydney clubs. He was on over $1.2 mil at Parra he will be looking for something similar next year.

Reactions: DT
Reaction score
des just said a minute ago that he thinks cronk will retire.
journo told him about the news this morning that he was coming to play.
des said he still thinks he will retire

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
...and frawley could develop under cronk
This would be a big plus. If Frawley is willing to wait that long for 1st grade, he would be a much better player for it.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
des just said a minute ago that he thinks cronk will retire.
journo told him about the news this morning that he was coming to play.
des said he still thinks he will retire
Des games with the media...??

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outside Inglis which one of those players is in even in the same universe let alone calibre of Cronk?
What is the incentive for Cronk? He has already won a few premierships. If he wins another one this season, what will be his motivation? Especially as he will be married and living with his misses full time.

IMO, we missed the boat, his best years are behind him. Also, he wont have arguably the best hooker and game manager the game has every seen. Lets be serious, Cronk was a really important part of that team, but Smith is the heart beat of that team.

Reaction score
What is the incentive for Cronk? He has already won a few premierships. If he wins another one this season, what will be his motivation? Especially as he will be married and living with his misses full time.

IMO, we missed the boat, his best years are behind him. Also, he wont have arguably the best hooker and game manager the game has every seen. Lets be serious, Cronk was a really important part of that team, but Smith is the heart beat of that team.
$$$$$

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have a feeling that he has already agreed to come to the dogs, I just hope on 1 year contract and not at the expense of a young Cooper Cronk !

Reactions: DT

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Cronk's enthusiasm and professionalism can't be overstated.

He is the ultimate professional.

I believe he's the type of player who cares about the legacy and reputation he will leave, and he will see playing in Sydney as an opportunity to prove what he's capable of outside the Melbourne system.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get Foran, he will play on the left and will direct the team around the park. This will allow Reynolds to play on the right and be free to do what he does best.

Put Mbye at hooker. Piss Lichaa off. At 9, Mbye has great acceleration off the mark, a great pass and more importantly he is not only a kicker but a left foot one as well...

I am happy with happy with Hoppa at the back. I like Tedesco, but his D is atoricious.

Status
Not open for further replies.