Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If it came to Foran and Cronk
Wanting the same
Money it be hard. I don't think Foran can command the same to be honest. Hough his age is a big plus

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to make up for the past 5 years of recruitment! Maybe we'll get the chance to finally forget about crusher's abysmal recruitment!

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
cronk to dogs
mbye to storm
think Mbye would flourish under their system
but dont even think Bellamy could make him a good halfback

id prefer we keep him and try him as a hooker first

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say it but the club needs to make some tough calls. Need to cut jmoz, Lichaa and Reynolds maybe Graham for someone of high quality. Maybe Cronk and Tedesco.

Reactions: DT

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this POINT in time, give me Foran.

Cronk will be 34 next season.

Also, he wont have Cam Smith outside him.

Not worth it for $1 mill + a season.

Not at this age.
I respectfully disagree, a player like he is exactly what this team and club needs right now!
A big name player who always delivers and is a clean skin....

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a deal with Melbourne: straight swap Cronk for Mbye now until 2019. Then in 2020, Dogs get first option on Mbye (and Cronk retires).

Might be money issues to sort out, but that's easy enough (Back-ended contracts etc)

Yeah I know, Buckley's, none and sfa

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the 1,6,7. We could even keep Lichaa to play 9 and frawley could develop under cronk
Im not a fan of Lichaa, but whatever needs to be done to get Cronk across

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Id be sticking Steve Turner on a flight today to go tell Cronk what a cushy life he has post playing as a winger at Canterbury with limited abilities, imagine what a player of Cronks ability would achieve...
Free lifts from Hasler on the way down to training and games...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes please.
I don't care who we have to cut.
JUST DO IT !!

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outside Inglis which Storm player has been a standout once they leave Melbourne?

Look at Proctor LOL. Blake Green has been non existent, Dane Neilsen, Sika Manu just to name a few.

Even Inglis for the past 2 seasons looks like he couldnt give a shit anymore.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn it. I already posted this in rumours... but I suppose cronk has confirmed it himself (so i'm probably in the wrong).

Anyways, One thing I do agree with Wahesh is that its pretty likely he has already either signed with another Club or is a long way down the track with it. No way would he call a press conference in early April otherwise. But I don;t agree about him being too old.

I can understand him moving if it is to try and start a family. If his partner is the same age, their window is closing, and trying match up cycles etc and being in separate cities is tough (this coming from someone who has a partner who travels a lot). This would be the only real valid reason why I would think he would want to leave the Storm (unless another Club has thrown the chequebook at him).
Or a couple of pokies

TigerGoneLoose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do a deal with Melbourne: straight swap Cronk for Mbye now until 2019. Then in 2020, Dogs get first option on Mbye (and Cronk retires).

Might be money issues to sort out, but that's easy enough (Back-ended contracts etc)

Yeah I know, Buckley's, none and sfa
Didn't get released bro. He just didn't trigger his second year option.

Can't make a deal.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Outside Inglis which Storm player has been a standout once they leave Melbourne?

Look at Proctor LOL. Blake Green has been non existent, Dane Neilsen, Sika Manu just to name a few.

Outside Inglis which one of those players is in even in the same universe let alone calibre of Cronk?

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You talking about a bloke who has played over 300 NRL games with 2 premierships, 31 tests for Australia and 19 Origins?

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One of the best three players in the last ten years is a possibility of coming to the dogs and people are saying no? Thats pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.