Cooper Cronk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched the live presser.

He is definitely leaving the Storm and he wants to play in Sydney but he doesnt know where. Said his mentally and physically fit.

Fuck the Tigers 4. Throw the man what he deserves and bring Croft and Bellachy with you

Reactions: DT

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Those saying he's too old are kidding themselves,he's super fit and would teach our young and up and coming halves and win us a premiership,please hasler time to right your wrongs with your poor recruitment

so we are paying Super Coach 1 million a season so he can sign Cronk on 1.5 million a season to coach and mentor our young halves.

why not give the coaching job to Cronk and save Des Million dollars.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sharks no
Tigers possible
Panthers no
Eels no
Dragons no
Roosters no
Manly doubt it
Souths possibly
Dogs possible

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Damn it. I already posted this in rumours... but I suppose cronk has confirmed it himself (so i'm probably in the wrong).

Anyways, One thing I do agree with Wahesh is that its pretty likely he has already either signed with another Club or is a long way down the track with it. No way would he call a press conference in early April otherwise. But I don;t agree about him being too old.

I can understand him moving if it is to try and start a family. If his partner is the same age, their window is closing, and trying match up cycles etc and being in separate cities is tough (this coming from someone who has a partner who travels a lot). This would be the only real valid reason why I would think he would want to leave the Storm (unless another Club has thrown the chequebook at him).

Tillo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Cronk to leave Melbourne and looking to sign with a Sydney based club for 2018. Surely the Dog's have to sign him??

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The poll on the Daily Telegraph website has the majority thinking that he'll be at the Bulldogs next season.

We'd have to cut many. Reynolds will definitely have to go.

The other issue we'll face is the lack of prospect. We'd likely sign Cronk for 1-2 seasons while we train up another halfback but in the process we'd almost certainly lose Frawley. In two years time Frawley could be the best half in the NRL and we could be without a halfback.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think a massive stumbling block is how he will get along with Hasler. I don't think Cronk would want to come here and play Desball.........
He is a very Structured player. DOnt think too much would phase him. He is the ultimate professional.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
3rd thread since the announcement. Shows how thirsty Bulldogs fans are.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A signing like Cronk would re-open the premiership window.

Cronk is suited to a structured play style + his kicking game is top class. He is a leader on the field something we lack in the spine.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
3rd thread since the announcement. Shows how thirsty Bulldogs fans are.
It is right across he three league subforums. That must be a first.

I think Reynolds and Cronk would make a good combination.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
if we dont do our VERY BEST to get him
there is something wrong with this club
dont care about his age
he is the Zlatan of the NRL (fitter than most players 10 yrs younger than him)

Tillo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sorry I'm extremely thirsty for Cronk. His not 34 until December so he would have at least 2 more great year's in him.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope right now the club are in a meeting getting the cash together to make this happen. I'd be throwing everything at him including the kitchen sink. This needs to happen. Even if only for a year get him in a coaching capacity after that.

Fuck me I'll pay him myself to get him here.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It is right across he three league subforums. That must be a first.

I think Reynolds and Cronk would make a good combination.
Definitely. Unfortunately I think that the only way we afford Cronk is by cutting Reynolds. And if Mbye doesn't live up to expectations at 5/8 then we're back to square one.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Sign him up as the halves coach and he can play on weekends . Des coaches everyone to be robots. He is deadset the perfect robot .

Status
Not open for further replies.