Josh Reynolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
All he did was pass to brenko or run tbh. Was probably our most effective player at times mainly because we ran the exact same play all night long. I'm just over the side, i don't care whos leaves anymore as long as Des is the first to go.
Well, he did that pass....... but also scored our only try, got a couple off offloads, a line break, forced that turnover when he rushed up in defence.......

He made a few errors. Trying to pickup the ball on the run one handed in heavy rain seemed like a pretty stupid one, but I'd say he was more so our most effective player because he worked his ass off. Feels like a tough argument to make that one of our best players tonight was also one of the worst.

Reactions: DT

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have fallen to the Storm in their opening bout of the season, failing to get in front of a methodical Melbourne outfit.

However, it appears to be the little errors that are troubling Bulldogs playmaker Josh Reynolds, who told Triple M that he's disappointed that he's failed to remove some of these mistakes from his game.

"I thought I got over that crap last year, you know?" Reynolds told the Triple M call team post-match. Listen to the full interview below.

"Three simple drops in crucial times, it's just not acceptable."

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...-rips-in-over-his-performance/?station=sydney

AUDIO INTERVIEW AT THE LINK.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
meh, he is not used to touching the ball so many times in a game.

cant teach old dog new tricks.

reset the button on the entire team starting with the coach.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Rugby League is just not for you Joshy, no matter how enthusiastic you are. Try another sport maybe?

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to be to that critical of a few dropped balls in slippery conditions. Looked dangerous when he ran the ball tonight

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hes been singing the same tune for many years..

Im not so critical of him as compared to Mbye

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We have to be patient - they will get used to having the ball in their hands under pressure and enjoying playing what is in front of him - training is not enough - the pressure in games is where they will develop this much more effective game. If we held onto 50% of the ball we dropped we would have rolled them.

Last edited:

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay, Josh might have made a couple of mistakes, but that doesn't take away the fact that he was one of our best tonight. I can remember Mbye doing one thing wrong, but he went down injured that time. But really I can't remember Mbye doing much of anything.

I think the best way for Josh to cure his blues is to watch a replay of the game. If he does that he'll see so much shit going down at team level that will push his errors into obscurity.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I'll give him respect in the fact he can admit his mistakes.
Not like the coach and some other players that think everything is good.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone who can't see that Reynolds is our biggest problem is not watching closely enough.

Granted he tries his guts out. But that's not enough for first grade.

Why is he doing most of the kicking? He isn't a natural kicker! At least Mbye has a sweet kick on him. He needs to do 75% of the kicking. Reynolds tried a bomb in the first half and it went backwards. His passes are floaters that invariably go behind the target. He does everything at 100 miles per hour and that creates plenty of errors.

It's no coincidence that Mbye's best games at half have been when Hodkinson was there. We need either Frawley or Cleeland with Mbye and see if we can slow down and play with some poise for a change.

Move Reynolds to backup hooker.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
The sooner we piss this deadshit off the better

Has a 0 win record from 4 games as a starting no6 at belmore

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye to fullback Woodford to hooker cleeland at half back leave josh at 6 we'd start to have something resembling a spine

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
But reynolds is taking control (well trying to) because his halfback who is on a whole lot more coin doesn't know how to get involved. Moses was good because Hodkinson did for him what he never will be able to do and that is organise and lead a side around the park. Moses is a good player no doubt as is Reynolds, but they won't work together, never have never will.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well, he did that pass....... but also scored our only try, got a couple off offloads, a line break, forced that turnover when he rushed up in defence.......

He made a few errors. Trying to pickup the ball on the run one handed in heavy rain seemed like a pretty stupid one, but I'd say he was more so our most effective player because he worked his ass off. Feels like a tough argument to make that one of our best players tonight was also one of the worst.
I have never said he doesn't work his ass off, but that has nothing to do with him being our most effective player tonight..if anything that has a negative effect on his game. He runs around like a lunatic and simply can't pace himself, even when we get a penalty he has to rush over and try to kick tbe ball within seconds while our fat forwards are dead in the background.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The problem is the way we play footy, simple as that. Des' idea of new and improved attack is some hot potato sideways shit. The **** has lost the fucking plot, he rotated our left edge 3 times tonight with 3 different players ffs, who even does that?

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reynolds is a player that bleeds blue and white he will win us more games than what he can loose us,and for everyone that is blaming the rain wake up to yourselfs these players train for these conditions and get paid alot of money to perform at top level rain hail or shine

Reactions: DT

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sooner we piss this deadshit off the better

Has a 0 win record from 4 games as a starting no6 at belmore
That's an interesting stat. Don't necessarily agree with the first part, I thought he played well and was one of the players who looked as though they may make something happen.

Still, the only game we've won at Belmore is when he came on as an impact player at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.