Royal commission on catholic sex abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ive already got mr I going through my posts with a fine comb, I'm just not going there anymore
Rubbish .. I still want to know if priests can bang a blow up doll, or if that's not allowed.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i have never seen anybody deny hitler existed
My point of your lack of knowledge yet acting like you know everything. Anyways you keep being you. Props for being respectful in this thread

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok you're not Catholic, you really no nothing of the faith yet you're claiming Catholics are hypocrites. Talking about a faith and making it seem it's preached to fuk children in an indirect way is quite pathetic especially someone who doesn't know the faith.

Where in the Catholic doctrine is this shit allowed? There are evil and corrupt men within the church but to paint the actual religion and it's teachings as evil? That's a bit rich bro
Where did I imply that Catholics preached sex with children was ok. I said that covering it up was evil and that for them to do so breached trust. If they're willing to cover this up, what else can slip through their veil of morality.

Kudos to you for using the conviction to defend the church. But I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of arguing when you'll happily make shit up and come at me like you're the fucking pope. I regard you as a misogynistic pig. You're hardly the white knight that should be defending Catholicism.

Last of all jumping to the conclusion that because I'm not Catholic that I don't know anything about the religion is rather stupid. I have attended a few churches briefly while working out that while I may respect the aspect of the bible pertaining to moral guidance, I still find more churchgoers to be some of the most judgmental and self righteous little petals in the garden. You provide a great example of my point.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where did I imply that Catholics preached sex with children was ok. I said that covering it up was evil and that for them to do so breached trust. If they're willing to cover this up, what else can slip through their veil of morality.

Kudos to you for using the conviction to defend the church. But I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of arguing when you'll happily make shit up and come at me like you're the fucking pope. I regard you as a misogynistic pig. You're hardly the white knight that should be defending Catholicism.

Last of all jumping to the conclusion that because I'm not Catholic that I don't know anything about the religion is rather stupid. I have attended a few churches briefly while working out that while I may respect the aspect of the bible pertaining to moral guidance, I still find more churchgoers to be some of the most judgmental and self righteous little petals in the garden. You provide a great example of my point.
What satisfaction is to be gained from you? You're a random on a forum lol whom thinks I'm a mysoginist pig coz I'm not bending over to females and what not.
I'm notjidgif anyone and if you read a few posts back I told yearofthebuldog I am no one to judge anyone as I do the same shit sinners do.
Your hissy fit is quite amazing and anyone can say oh I've been to a church before and find people there judgemental lol to base your argument around that is pretty like shit I don't know another word lol.

Oh wait what did I make up by the way? Please elaborate and explain what I made up

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
My point of your lack of knowledge yet acting like you know everything. Anyways you keep being you. Props for being respectful in this thread
actually its the opposite, i know everything but act like i have a lack of knowledge so that i can blend in with everyone else

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
actually its the opposite, i know everything but act like i have a lack of knowledge so that i can blend in with everyone else
Lol someone that actually does that would never say that. But well done nonetheless

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This is why your gambling tips are no good?

You bastard!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
what the fuck is wrong with yous all??

since when catholic bashing took over islam bashing on social media?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't know why ***** act like child motherfuckers over faith.

If it works for you, awesome. If it doesn't, then awesome.

Just fuck you and your belief and non beliefs and let people live their lives for fucks sake.

Really people think people are smart, people are one of the most stupidest species of ***** in the universe. You got athiests laughing at believers believing in God while they believe a big fart created everything and then we evolved from a fucking chimp because they look like humans.

I'd feel less bad murdering 100 evil ***** than even injure an animal.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know why ***** act like child motherfuckers over faith.

If it works for you, awesome. If it doesn't, then awesome.

Just fuck you and your belief and non beliefs and let people live their lives for fucks sake.

Really people think people are smart, people are one of the most stupidest species of ***** in the universe. You got athiests laughing at believers believing in God while they believe a big fart created everything and then we evolved from a fucking chimp because they look like humans.

I'd feel less bad murdering 100 evil ***** than even injure an animal.
You were going so well talking about tolerance etc, but then you had to put in this little dig... :p

But seriously folks, when I first bumped this thread it wasn't intended for a theological war - after all, every other thread that has gone down that path hasn't ended well (and has ususally been "ended" by mods).

I was more looking at the issues regarding child abuse and cover ups by people in a powerful organisation, one that relies on fear (and yes that includes the "fear of God") to get away with ruining lives.

Peace.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You were going so well talking about tolerance etc, but then you had to put in this little dig... :p

But seriously folks, when I first bumped this thread it wasn't intended for a theological war - after all, every other thread that has gone down that path hasn't ended well (and has ususally been "ended" by mods).

I was more looking at the issues regarding child abuse and cover ups by people in a powerful organisation, one that relies on fear (and yes that includes the "fear of God") to get away with ruining lives.

Peace.
I've got a fair few things to say, after some of the points raised in this thread, but know where this thread is likely to end up, so I'm not bothering.

But it has been a barrel of laughs seeing some of the attempted justifications, rationalizing.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've got a fair few things to say, after some of the points raised in this thread, but know where this thread is likely to end up, so I'm not bothering.

But it has been a barrel of laughs seeing some of the attempted justifications, rationalizing.
Say them

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

It started out ok, but I know someone was going to say "religions suck", and then someone religious would be offended and bite back and the discussion would go downhill.

With regards to the abuse etc, for me the big issue is how people would use the Almighty as a way of ensuring those abused wouldn't say anything, or if they did, would be ostracized. You can't accuse a priest of that! Its preposterous!

The Catholic Church is a powerful being in Australia, but is nothing compared to many other parts of the world. Do you think it would be wise to go against the church in South America, or the Philippines? Even in Boston, where the Globe started it all with their expose in 2002, the Church was so powerful, especially on poor parts of the city? Why? Well, two things would have contributed (purely in my view only). Firstly, "micks n spiks" (Irish and Italians) made up a huge portion of poor immigrants in Boston, an secondly, the church would put a lot of money into some of these communities (which in in theory is absolutely a good thing - schools, meals, shelter etc), but unfortunately, in some cases it has helped the abuse occur.

My other beef is this whole BS about the confidentiality of confession, which priests and others have used, with a straight face, as a defense for not giving information about known crimes to the Police. That **** Pell is one of the highest members of the organisation and he is in the thick of it. If this was anywhere else in society he would have lost his job long ago.

I really hope something comes out of all of this, not just in the church of course but in all organisations where people are affected (eg: sports clubs, scouts, other churches etc). How many lives have been ruined? Suicides? Drug abuse? Other mental illness? The numbers in Australia along would be in the thousands upon thousands, and of all the things we get outraged about, this should be it. The heads of Deacons and Cardinals should be rolling in the hundreds, and it should be the everyday believers who should be leading the charge to clean this up (or to use a Trumpism "drain the swamp").

Catholics the world over do good every day. I know people who sit on diocese boards and their charity and community programs are amazing, both local and international. But, the organisation has allowed for too much shit to go on for too long. Surely the good people are as pissed off as everyone else?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Some people just want to see the world burn

It started out ok, but I know someone was going to say "religions suck", and then someone religious would be offended and bite back and the discussion would go downhill.

With regards to the abuse etc, for me the big issue is how people would use the Almighty as a way of ensuring those abused wouldn't say anything, or if they did, would be ostracized. You can't accuse a priest of that! Its preposterous!

The Catholic Church is a powerful being in Australia, but is nothing compared to many other parts of the world. Do you think it would be wise to go against the church in South America, or the Philippines? Even in Boston, where the Globe started it all with their expose in 2002, the Church was so powerful, especially on poor parts of the city? Why? Well, two things would have contributed (purely in my view only). Firstly, "micks n spiks" (Irish and Italians) made up a huge portion of poor immigrants in Boston, an secondly, the church would put a lot of money into some of these communities (which in in theory is absolutely a good thing - schools, meals, shelter etc), but unfortunately, in some cases it has helped the abuse occur.

My other beef is this whole BS about the confidentiality of confession, which priests and others have used, with a straight face, as a defense for not giving information about known crimes to the Police. That **** Pell is one of the highest members of the organisation and he is in the thick of it. If this was anywhere else in society he would have lost his job long ago.

I really hope something comes out of all of this, not just in the church of course but in all organisations where people are affected (eg: sports clubs, scouts, other churches etc). How many lives have been ruined? Suicides? Drug abuse? Other mental illness? The numbers in Australia along would be in the thousands upon thousands, and of all the things we get outraged about, this should be it. The heads of Deacons and Cardinals should be rolling in the hundreds, and it should be the everyday believers who should be leading the charge to clean this up (or to use a Trumpism "drain the swamp").

Catholics the world over do good every day. I know people who sit on diocese boards and their charity and community programs are amazing, both local and international. But, the organisation has allowed for too much shit to go on for too long. Surely the good people are as pissed off as everyone else?
The justification/rationalization in some of these threads, especially the trump thread, don't revolve around reality, nor around any sound logic.

Some of the justification put out there is just mind numbing astonishment.

The catholic church has a very shady past, not just recently but pretty much since it's existence. And when this gets pointed out, you get cries of you're attacking Catholicism, well no. The system/organisation that runs it is being attacked but not the actual religion itself.

Pell was allowed to escape prosecution, once again by that all too familiar name Tony Abbott.

The Royal Commission into these incidents having their funding cut and transferred to a political witch hunt into the unions. I think it was Jacquie Lambie who said the corruption in Unions amounted to $5 million, which in the grand scheme of union funds is an insignificant amount. Now I'm not saying it isn't relevant, but the amount of money invested into this Royal Commission into union corruption, seems well wasted, especially considering no charges have yet to been laid by the police departments.

Meanwhile, with the RC into Catholic Church institution, where we have ACTUAL VERIFIABLE statistics of 1 in 3 people, who as children were in a classroom run by these priest, have committed suicide, was abandoned by the Abbott government.

We had Pell say that he didn't think it was a big deal, or something along those lines, can't remember exactly what it was but it actually got one of Pell's strong long time supporters Andrew Bolt to display his disgust (only for Bolt to retract his disgust a few hours later).

And with Pell being appointed at the Vatican, well after the Boston Globe revealed the way the church shifted priests to escape prosecution, it seems that those running the church have not learnt anything. It goes all the way to the top, the pope is implicated in this too, to allow it to happen on his watch.

But as far as people waking up CD, it aint happening. As the saying goes "ignorance is bliss" and these people are claiming ignorance.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

The system/organisation that runs it is being attacked but not the actual religion itself.

Whilst there are some everyday Catholics speaking out, there just doesn't seem to be many compared to the size of the congregation and the size of the issue. I mean, all the Islamic issues combined don't even come close to this (In places like the US and Australia at least).

If this went down in an organisation I was a member of, I would be loudly calling for every last fucking head to roll.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some people just want to see the world burn

The justification/rationalization in some of these threads, especially the trump thread, don't revolve around reality, nor around any sound logic.

Some of the justification put out there is just mind numbing astonishment.

The catholic church has a very shady past, not just recently but pretty much since it's existence. And when this gets pointed out, you get cries of you're attacking Catholicism, well no. The system/organisation that runs it is being attacked but not the actual religion itself.

Pell was allowed to escape prosecution, once again by that all too familiar name Tony Abbott.

The Royal Commission into these incidents having their funding cut and transferred to a political witch hunt into the unions. I think it was Jacquie Lambie who said the corruption in Unions amounted to $5 million, which in the grand scheme of union funds is an insignificant amount. Now I'm not saying it isn't relevant, but the amount of money invested into this Royal Commission into union corruption, seems well wasted, especially considering no charges have yet to been laid by the police departments.

Meanwhile, with the RC into Catholic Church institution, where we have ACTUAL VERIFIABLE statistics of 1 in 3 people, who as children were in a classroom run by these priest, have committed suicide, was abandoned by the Abbott government.

We had Pell say that he didn't think it was a big deal, or something along those lines, can't remember exactly what it was but it actually got one of Pell's strong long time supporters Andrew Bolt to display his disgust (only for Bolt to retract his disgust a few hours later).

And with Pell being appointed at the Vatican, well after the Boston Globe revealed the way the church shifted priests to escape prosecution, it seems that those running the church have not learnt anything. It goes all the way to the top, the pope is implicated in this too, to allow it to happen on his watch.

But as far as people waking up CD, it aint happening. As the saying goes "ignorance is bliss" and these people are claiming ignorance.
You know the thing about chaos? Its fair

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whilst there are some everyday Catholics speaking out, there just doesn't seem to be many compared to the size of the congregation and the size of the issue. I mean, all the Islamic issues combined don't even come close to this (In places like the US and Australia at least).

If this went down in an organisation I was a member of, I would be loudly calling for every last fucking head to roll.
Is it surprising? You see those in the trump thread who are shocked that liberals are protesting against trump and claim that it's because they are "sore losers". I'd think that there's a strong correlation to conservatives and an expectation to follow orders without fuss. So by all means not all of them, but I do understand why a majority of catholics are not piping up, the tendency to obey and the ignorance of the situation. Again this isn't quite outside the realms of normal human behaviour, it's understandable.

So in saying this, it is a duty and does fall down to the non-catholics who oppose this, to maintain pressure on the church.

Status
Not open for further replies.