Everything Trump - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a difficult subject. The fact is that you can't discuss certain aspects openly regardless of their validity because people will get offended. Be it religion, sexuality, the correct way to use toilet paper. People get offended and when they get offended then the arguments start and it falls into a complete heap. For example, here's some facts:

- There were many Democrat and similar supporters who rioted on Inauguration day. They destroyed a lot of property including Starbucks and several other Corporations who actually donated to Hillary's campaign

- Trump said many bad things, perpetuated fake news and actually blatantly lied a lot during his campaign

These two things are true. But they're also irrelevant to the discussion and likely to piss people off. So it's best not to discuss them in this forum. That's what Facebook is for.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a difficult subject. The fact is that you can't discuss certain aspects openly regardless of their validity because people will get offended. Be it religion, sexuality, the correct way to use toilet paper. People get offended and when they get offended then the arguments start and it falls into a complete heap. For example, here's some facts:

- There were many Democrat and similar supporters who rioted on Inauguration day. They destroyed a lot of property including Starbucks and several other Corporations who actually donated to Hillary's campaign

- Trump said many bad things, perpetuated fake news and actually blatantly lied a lot during his campaign

These two things are true. But they're also irrelevant to the discussion and likely to piss people off. So it's best not to discuss them in this forum. That's what Facebook is for.
But he just lied again about inaguration numbers. If we're reporting on what actually comes out of the horses mouth and discussing things that come out of his mouth, not fake news, not mainstream media, not copy and pasting listings from biased sites, things he actually said.

Where's the line drawn?

We're discussing Trump and the words he said, the actions he's committed.

He said in his first 24 hours of office that he'd do plenty and that all these bills are lined up to be signed off by him, he took a two day vacation and decided to start work on Monday. Is this not admissible?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But he just lied again about inaguration numbers. If we're reporting on what actually comes out of the horses mouth and discussing things that come out of his mouth, not fake news, not mainstream media, not copy and pasting listings from biased sites, things he actually said.

Where's the line drawn?

We're discussing Trump and the words he said, the actions he's committed.

He said in his first 24 hours of office that he'd do plenty and that all these bills are lined up to be signed off by him, he took a two day vacation and decided to start work on Monday. Is this not admissible?
I have no issue with that. I'm sure if it's a direct discussion about what's happening right now then it's fine. He did lie about inauguration numbers so to me that seems like open debate. When I say he lied about inauguration numbers I don't mean (I had millions at my speech). It's hard to say how many were actually there. The media took a photo early on and it's hard to tell if more came. But the Trump administration made a statement that more people took public transport to the area during Trump's inauguration than Obama's. But that's a lie because the actual stats show that his transport numbers were lower than even Bush's.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
madonna is terrorism kill madonna
I think there's sufficient evidence to say that this isn't a conspiracy theory. We've all been terrorised by her and now it's political so it counts.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
CLARIFICATION RE RULES IN THIS THREAD

@utility half @Eeee

To answer a few questions you guys are asking, here is how I see things in this thread.

The previous thread was 30% factl 30% bullshit and 40% arguments. That HAS to stop, and will with whatever measures we need to take to ensure that topics like this remain civil, respectful, and both sides of an opinion are heard without a full blown argument ensuing. If they can't (as we've seen with religion and terrorism threads) they'll simply get closed and be banned from discussion here.

That's all the mods (not just me) want here.

If other things can be discussed without argument we can look at them later.

There's a difference between a conspiracy theory and multiple court cases which are on public record and have been settled by the defendant.
If you are bringing up comments with factual information FROM A REPUTABLE SOURCE (not some www.thelefthatetrump.com/conspiracies/that_bad_thing_trump_did.htm) then by all means post it alongside a valid source.

There is a lot of criticism that can be made about Trump's past that can be easily verified and in no way passed off as a conspiracy theory. Generally if something is on public record with the courts, it's not a conspiracy theory.
Again if it's a post substantiated by evidence that is fine.

But rubbish like "Trump will cancel the deals Obama had with Israel and instead hold them with Russia" OR "Trump is a puppet for Rockerfellers to take over Israeli banks" with absolutely no evidence/proof FROM A REPUTABLE SOURCE, is what causes issues here, and will have you removed from the thread.

As Eeeeeee said... any sort of conspiracy theorist unverified bullshit about Obama and other leaders seems to be fair game on here.... yet when people start to bring up legitimate, easily verifiable facts about Trump they get censored.
We don't catch everything, nor read every thing conversation to and fro going back several pages. We simply act on posts (or reported posts) on their own merit.

It's not hard to only discuss his movements going forward at all, it's just preposterous and restrictive that we should be expected to do that.
The only reason this rule was instituted, was to regain more control over the thread, and less blowouts and arguments (as mentioned above).

If people can discuss things in a civil matter, then we'll overlook a little more on the rules and only step in when things get out of hand.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

@utility half @Eeee

To answer a few questions you guys are asking, here is how I see things in this thread.

The previous thread was 30% factl 30% bullshit and 40% arguments. That HAS to stop, and will with whatever measures we need to take to ensure that topics like this remain civil, respectful, and both sides of an opinion are heard without a full blown argument ensuing. If they can't (as we've seen with religion and terrorism threads) they'll simply get closed and be banned from discussion here.

That's all the mods (not just me) want here.

If other things can be discussed without argument we can look at them later.

If you are bringing up comments with factual information FROM A REPUTABLE SOURCE (not some www.thelefthatetrump.com/conspiracies/that_bad_thing_trump_did.htm) then by all means post it alongside a valid source.

But rubbish like "Trump will cancel the deals Obama had with Israel and instead hold them with Russia" OR "Trump is a puppet for Rockerfellers to take over Israeli banks" with absolutely no evidence/proof FROM A REPUTABLE SOURCE, is what causes issues here, and will have you removed from the thread.

We don't catch everything, nor read every thing conversation to and fro going back several pages. We simply act on posts (or reported posts) on their own merit.

The only reason this rule was instituted, was to regain more control over the thread, and less blowouts and arguments (as mentioned above).

If people can discuss things in a civil matter, then we'll overlook a little more on the rules and only step in when things get out of hand.
Understood...and thank you for clarification.... as long as the same standards apply to everyone I'll do my best to not create drama for you. If I post anything I think might be contentious in future, I'll support it with links.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Understood...and thank you for clarification.... as long as the same standards apply to everyone I'll do my best to not create drama for you. If I post anything I think might be contentious in future, I'll support it with links.
cept hipsters and the welsh they should be barred from even thinking the *****

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No worries... if something gets nuked and something you feel should also be nuked is left, just report it..

Sometimes when deleteing comments enmasse they roll over to a second page and get missed.

I mean .. any comments/opinions should be fine, its just when they get out of hand or are absurd, or take a thread way off topic, that it can get annoying (plus when users on here have a tiff, they tend to take it across multiple threads which can be really annoying :D

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No worries... if something gets nuked and something you feel should also be nuked is left, just report it..

Sometimes when deleteing comments enmasse they roll over to a second page and get missed.

I mean .. any comments/opinions should be fine, its just when they get out of hand or are absurd, or take a thread way off topic, that it can get annoying (plus when users on here have a tiff, they tend to take it across multiple threads which can be really annoying :D
Sure ....I understand you mod voluntarily and it must create headaches at times. Thanks again for taking the time to respond to our concerns. I appreciate it

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

sorry but your website doesnt work. are you sure it is not a dodgy site with viruses?

no one mentioned isreal till now in this thread nor the other thread.

so can we talk about isreal, Rockerfellers at all? or is that a no go zone?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
sorry but your website doesnt work. are you sure it is not a dodgy site with viruses?

no one mentioned isreal till now in this thread nor the other thread.

so can we talk about isreal, Rockerfellers at all? or is that a no go zone?
As long as memes aren't used as factual sources hahahaha. Not saying you use that zee I'm just being humorous

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What if they say something that offends Catholics?
My favourite Tv shows have no boundaries giving it to the Catholics, South Park and family guy lol. I might not like it but I'm not gonna chuck a hissy fit like the black guy who does the voice of chef and left the show coz they gave it to Scientology.

Status
Not open for further replies.