Four NRL coaches who should be sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I dunno, I wouldn't be a fan of someone coaching their own son at this level. What if a hard decision has to be made? Its a lose lose situation. Either there will be allegations of nepotism, or in the opposite the coach is being too hard on the player because he is his son.

I know we can look back to the days of the boss hiring his various sons in law as coaches, but in this professional era, I'm not so sure.
Nathan has shown what he's capable of. In his first year, he's only played 13 games and steered the Panthers to the finals. He's hard to fault.

Heck I'd also make a play for Josh Mansour to replace Perrett.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I dunno, I wouldn't be a fan of someone coaching their own son at this level. What if a hard decision has to be made? Its a lose lose situation. Either there will be allegations of nepotism, or in the opposite the coach is being too hard on the player because he is his son.

I know we can look back to the days of the boss hiring his various sons in law as coaches, but in this professional era, I'm not so sure.
Hard decisions? Then Mbye, Lichaa and other duds must be Des' sons because he hasn't dropped them.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nathan has shown what he's capable of. In his first year, he's only played 13 games and steered the Panthers to the finals. He's hard to fault.

Heck I'd also make a play for Josh Mansour to replace Perrett.
Nathan is already better than Mbye and Reynolds combined.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hard decisions? Then Mbye, Lichaa and other duds must be Des' sons because he hasn't dropped them.

hahaha, love the way you think bro, you should do your own talk back radio.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
hahaha, love the way you think bro, you should do your own talk back radio.
Lol i wish, but it will be hard to control my "colourful language" plus I wouldn't hold back if I busted ***** lying and dodging my questions.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nathan is already better than Mbye and Reynolds combined.
And I don't disagree with that at all. He is playing well (well from the limited Panthers i;ve watched).

I just don't think having your Dad as your boss is an ideal thing in this sort of situation. I mean if Cleary was the only good halfback available and Cleary snr the only decent coach available, by all means go for it, but it carries a lot of risk.

I think the "get rid of Des, Players x, y and z at all costs" thing is possibly clouding judgement (not yours necessarily, but some of the solutions I;m hearing - like hiring Willie Mason for example are a bit out there).

I actually don't see the point in sacking anyone major without a proper independent review of operations. I think the Board needs to get onto this if they haven't already, as replacing the coach may not do anything at all, if the rest of the system is broken. A review would also probably cost less than paying out a contract.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol i wish, but it will be hard to control my "colourful language" plus I wouldn't hold back if I busted ***** lying and dodging my questions.
The internet allows anyone to pretty much start their own radio station.

A mate of mine used to do it on a weekend when he was likely drunk and/or high. This all happened before I met him so I've never heard his material. But he once claimed he got up to about a dozen listeners around the world!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

we will put your show after 9 pm, so kids are only in bed.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And I don't disagree with that at all. He is playing well (well from the limited Panthers i;ve watched).

I just don't think having your Dad as your boss is an ideal thing in this sort of situation. I mean if Cleary was the only good halfback available and Cleary snr the only decent coach available, by all means go for it, but it carries a lot of risk.

I think the "get rid of Des, Players x, y and z at all costs" thing is possibly clouding judgement (not yours necessarily, but some of the solutions I;m hearing - like hiring Willie Mason for example are a bit out there).

I actually don't see the point in sacking anyone major without a proper independent review of operations. I think the Board needs to get onto this if they haven't already, as replacing the coach may not do anything at all, if the rest of the system is broken. A review would also probably cost less than paying out a contract.
All jokes aside, I don't want Des sacked, yet.

I just want him to implement a game plan that is suited to our players, or at the minimum, a plan B when his bullshit game doesn't work IE after 10 mins.

Also I wouldn't mind if we signed one or the other, prefer Ivan but will be very happy with Nathan.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The internet allows anyone to pretty much start their own radio station.

A mate of mine used to do it on a weekend when he was likely drunk and/or high. This all happened before I met him so I've never heard his material. But he once claimed he got up to about a dozen listeners around the world!
I'd actually would control my language, especially if I had an important point to make. I don't know if you or anyone has noticed but when I post serious post I don't swear in them lol

It wouldn't be just beeps lol

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
lol at putting brown there when he inherited that shithole

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
I want Jimmy to take the reigns of this sinking ship like he did from Kmoore. He has pride in the jersey, can make tough calls and drop mofos who don't perform. Only problem I have is if he has caught the plodder disease too and thinks Des's gameplan is the best thing for this club.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bring over Ivan Cleary ASAP.

Bring in his son on 200k a season on the books.

Give Ivan 1.6m a season, and 800k out of that goes to his son

Do we have creative fucken accountants at our club?????????
I'm sure we have more creative accountants on the kennel than the club lol

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why do people want Ivan Cleary? He is a myth. He's coached in the NRL for 10 seasons and won no GF's and made just 1. His teams in those 10 seasons have finished in these positions on the ladder-

10th
4th
8th
14th
5th
6th
15th
10th
4th
11th

Hardly good enough to warrant so much love from our supporters.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
All jokes aside, I don't want Des sacked, yet.

I just want him to implement a game plan that is suited to our players, or at the minimum, a plan B when his bullshit game doesn't work IE after 10 mins.

Also I wouldn't mind if we signed one or the other, prefer Ivan but will be very happy with Nathan.
I totally agree !! if he wasn't such a st#bborn pr!ck we may have a premiership by now !! but the mule approach to things is really annoying

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
why isnt jason taylor included in the sack discussion

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
why isnt jason taylor included in the sack discussion
Taylor has done a good job this year. His team finished 1 win out of the 8.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why do people want Ivan Cleary? He is a myth. He's coached in the NRL for 10 seasons and won no GF's and made just 1. His teams in those 10 seasons have finished in these positions on the ladder-

10th
4th
8th
14th
5th
6th
15th
10th
4th
11th

Hardly good enough to warrant so much love from our supporters.
yeah i agree. i knew him during his roosters days and he takes everything way too serious.
if you think des is constricting, cleary would be worse

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would give Dymock a crack ahead of Cleary

I really think Dymock knows whats needed to get the attack and defence going

Hes played in some great old school sides and has served time under good coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.