Cheese bottom or top?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
do you prefer your cheese put first or after?

I had a pizza tonight from a little Italian place

Nice fresh ingredients
Generous helping of toppings

But cheese was put on last
So the ingredients under were still raw

I prefer cheese first then toppings
The cheese still melts and the toppings get nice and cooked

So how do you guys like your pizza and is there a right or wrong way to make them

Italian kennelers
What's the traditional way?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We do cheese first

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Pide or a calzone in a woodfire oven can avoid this

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When you say "we"
Are you referring that you have a pizza shop?
Just how most of us do our Lebanese pizza, cheese first then toppings on top. Alot of Turkish places do this aswell, like you said it cooks the toppings especially if meet of harder to eat veggies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just how most of us do our Lebanese pizza, cheese first then toppings on top. Alot of Turkish places do this aswell, like you said it cooks the toppings especially if meet of harder to eat veggies.
Italians invented that because we invented lebs that DaVinci fella had something to do with it

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When I make home made pizza, I always put cheese bottom so it all cooks,

But every time I go to a Italian pizza place,
Not talking dominos here,
I'm referring to the little itallian places

They always do cheese on top,

And like mentioned the toppings stay raw,

I think next time I order one, I'll ask if they can do cheese on bottom as a special request

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Italians invented that because we invented lebs that DaVinci fella had something to do with it
Hahaha
When I make home made pizza, I always put cheese bottom so it all cooks,

But every time I go to a Italian pizza place,
Not talking dominos here,
I'm referring to the little itallian places

They always do cheese on top,

And like mentioned the toppings stay raw,

I think next time I order one, I'll ask if they can do cheese on bottom as a special request
Yeah, guessing its easier to hide how many toppings they skimp out on by doing that

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha

Yeah, guessing its easier to hide how many toppings they skimp out on by doing that
There were heaps of toppings,
I could only eat 3 slices
No need to hide it lol,

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
At Warner's bay, there is a really good Arab kebab, pride and pizza place
They do awesome pizza, but also do cheese on last,

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Traditional Italian pizzas have no cheese , I think they call it pizza bianchi here

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is the authentic Italian way to make pizza?
Ahh fucked if i know bro i thought the original or traditional Italian pizza had fuck all on it .sauce mozzarella and anchovies or some shit.
So many good pizzas so many different variations thats like people think Italians are coffee masters , my olds just got back from there .they couldn't wait to get a real coffee in Australia lol.
Dont be fooled by thinking Italian is great most wogs i know are set in their bland boring ways and wont mix nothing up lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
At Warner's bay, there is a really good Arab kebab, pride and pizza place
They do awesome pizza, but also do cheese on last,
Hmmm guessing it depends on the chefs preference

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I went to the supposed oldest existing pizza place in the world in Naples called
Antica Pizzeria Port'Alba (I only remembered because I looked it up) and it was pretty average. I don't remember what they did with the cheese but it was hardly any.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends on the toppings. I spent many years making pizzas and it becomes a bit of an art form. Always have cheese on the bottom. That's the most important part. Then it's a case of either cheese on top (if you have a slow cooking oven with plenty of ingredients) or no cheese on top (less toppings, fast cooking oven, open wood fire oven)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I went to the supposed oldest existing pizza place in the world in Naples called
Antica Pizzeria Port'Alba (I only remembered because I looked it up) and it was pretty average. I don't remember what they did with the cheese but it was hardly any.
Italian pizzas are rubbish. I trained as an Italian chef and spent many years as an Italian pizza maker and any Italian will tell you to avoid Italy if you want good pizza. Best pizzas in the world are in New York, but Australia also has some top notch pizza joints.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Italian pizzas are rubbish. I trained as an Italian chef and spent many years as an Italian pizza maker and any Italian will tell you to avoid Italy if you want good pizza. Best pizzas in the world are in New York, but Australia also has some top notch pizza joints.
Fuck at the end of the day a dominos pepperoni pizza taste nice enough if you are hungry.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yeah I worked that out pretty quickly whilst over there.

I remember saying Scarfos in Dulwich Hill (my fav local) shits all over this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.