Pizza question cheese on bottom or top?

Cheese bottom or top?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Anyone remember Pizza Haven? They were at one stage the biggest competitors to Pizza Hut and Dominos before all this other franchises like Crust came along. They were bought out by Eagle Boys Pizza back in 2008.

Pizza Hut seems to be making a bit of a comeback as I have seen a lot of new shopfronts opening up around the place..

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone remember Pizza Haven? They were at one stage the biggest competitors to Pizza Hut and Dominos before all this other franchises like Crust came along. They were bought out by Eagle Boys Pizza back in 2008.

I worked as delivery driver at the mount luis store back in mid 90s

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I worked as delivery driver at the mount luis store back in mid 90s
Any funny delivery stories??

I worked as a delivery driver when I was like 17 and whatever it is you can get your P's for of all places a fish and chips joint in Riverwood.

There use to be this lady that would order every second night from Telopea Street Punchbowl right in the time when it was the heart of trouble in Punchbowl. That was always an interesting delivery got offered weapons, drugs got a knife pulled everything. The local guys ended up getting to know my car and letting me pass without trouble.

With the knife incident they thought I was someone else.. But I was a cocky little prick back then and I said to the guy who looked late 30's - What are you going to stab a 17 year old for delivering fish and chips? I'm just trying to stay out of your way and get a bit of pocket money mate.. He just walked away..

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

I worked as a delivery driver when I was like 17 and whatever it is you can get your P's for of all places a fish and chips joint in Riverwood.

There use to be this lady that would order every second night from Telopea Street Punchbowl right in the time when it was the heart of trouble in Punchbowl. That was always an interesting delivery got offered weapons, drugs got a knife pulled everything. The local guys ended up getting to know my car and letting me pass without trouble.

With the knife incident they thought I was someone else.. But I was a cocky little prick back then and I said to the guy who looked late 30's - What are you going to stab a 17 year old for delivering fish and chips? I'm just trying to stay out of your way and get a bit of pocket money mate.. He just walked away..
I remember those days... 2001! It was like a drive-thru drug store lol.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm wood fire pizza my winter weakness. Can't wait to have a brick oven as a last piece of the renovation puzzle.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmm wood fire pizza my winter weakness. Can't wait to have a brick oven as a last piece of the renovation puzzle.
That's all well and good but it will be a pain stacking the wood and getting the oven toasted IMO

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So for all the cheese on top people
What is the reason for this preference?

Reasons for why cheese on bottom has been explained
To re cap
Cheese on bottom enables topping to cook and not remain raw as tends to be the case when cheese is on top

So again guys
I'd love to know from those that prefer cheese on top?
Why?

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

To re cap
Cheese on bottom enables topping to cook and not remain raw as tends to be the case when cheese is on top

So again guys
Why?
Because the more cheese the better!

However, because you like your toppings cooked, you could do the cheese on bottom thing, and as soon as the pizza comes out of the oven, add more cheese on top which will still melt thanks to the heat of the now cooked toppings.

Done.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

To re cap

So again guys
Why?
It holds the toppings down.
Besides why wouldn't the toppings cook ? You're not grilling it your baking it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Should of been like "Knives aren't for threats, they're for actions" then turned the knife on him and stabbed him in the neck and tea bagged him.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Both... The more cheese the better. You should try deep dish pizza it is a layer of pastry layer of cheese another layer of pastry another layer of cheese toppings then cheese on top it is amazing

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's all well and good but it will be a pain stacking the wood and getting the oven toasted IMO
It's something that will be used once a month or odd parties. I enjoy lighting up the webber/firepit or soon a brick oven. Cheese on the bottom for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.