Parramatta Eels Salary Cap Rort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Eels have had their for and against fixed but teams who lost to them haven't had theirs fixed and teams who beat the kept the extras...

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Eels have had their for and against fixed but teams who lost to them haven't had theirs fixed and teams who beat the kept the extras...
What?
I didn't know for and against come into it?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So it should be. The competition points were obtained by deceit as were the for and against for those games early in the year. They still have a plus ten though which is still better than a lot of sides fighting for a spot in the eight. Seems unfair that the teams that played them get penalised though although that could cause unforeseen problems in adjusting their for and against as well.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok I'm going to spill some more beans .. After this round maybe Monday night or Tuesday the NRL will announce something big

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm going to spill some more beans .. After this round maybe Monday night or Tuesday the NRL will announce something big
Hint please ? In box me if you can't put on here,Is it to do with the news about illegal payments in a car park???

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Former Parramatta star Will Hopoate allegedly received off-the-books payments of at least $50,000 from Eddie Obeid jnr in the latest twist in the salary cap scandal.

Just hours after the Eels were stripped of 12 competition points for salary cap rorting, they were again reeling from allegations that playmaker Corey Norman was paid cash at Top Ryde car park by Brisbane recruiter Peter Nolan during his time at the club.

'Contribution': Eddie Obeid jnr allegedly made payments off the books to Will Hopoate. Photo: Nic Walker

At the time of the alleged payments, Norman was also allegedly receiving $3000 per month to cover his rental of a Top Ryde apartment that was owned by the former Labor minister Eddie Obeid. Nolan and one-time English import Lee Mossop are also understood to have been renting apartments in the same complex.

It has been alleged by former Eels CEO Scott Seward that one of the sources of under-the-table payments was Eddie Obeid jnr – the youngest son of the disgraced former Labor powerbroker, who will learn next month whether he will be jailed after being found guilty of misconduct in public office.

In a signed statement provided to the NRL integrity unit, Seward outlined his knowledge of payments to players that were made contrary to salary cap rules. In the statement – obtained by Fairfax Media – Seward alleged that a person referred to in secret club documents as "EOJ" had paid undisclosed money to Hopoate.

Explosive claim: Former Eels chief executive Scott Seward has made the allegations in a signed statement provided to the NRL integrity unit.

Describing a register that kept tabs of the payments, Seward stated: "Will Hopoate was paid $100,000 in 2014 (sourced from EOJ) … The reference to EOJ is a reference to Eddie Obeid Jnr as I had a clear understanding he had contributed $50,000 to Will Hopoate."

Later in his statement, Seward noted: "Will Hopoate was not at the club when I commenced as CEO. He started playing for the Club in 2014 and did not play rugby league in 2012 or 2013. Accordingly, the TPAs [third-party agreements] promised to him must [have] been in 2011. The Club signed Will to play for the Club in 2011.

"There was also a lot of discussion with Nolan that Eddie Obeid Jnr had given him some money. Hopoate was originally owed $100,000 and I was informed that he was now owed $50,000, so I assumed that Obeid had given him $50,000. However, Obeid never told me that he had paid Hopoate $50,000. The 2014 spreadsheet records Hopoate as having received $50,000 from EOJ."

Will Hopoate in action with current club the Bulldogs against the Tigers at ANZ Stadium. Photo: Getty Images

Seward also noted that on top of a registered third-party arrangement for $20,000 "there was also a note that $7,000 was owed to Will (or his father)". He added: "I'm not aware of this payment being made."

Will Hopoate signed with Canterbury at the start of the year but remains embroiled in a contract dispute with Parramatta that remains before the Supreme Court.

Obeid jnr has previously declined to comment about rumoured payments to Hopoate, saying merely that as a "property developer and friend" he had offered him real estate advice.

Last year, Obeid jnr said he had "personally helped Chris [Sandow] in a small capacity financially from time to time as a friend" but he declined to comment on amounts he had given.

He has also previously confirmed that his family's company had sold former Eels forward Darcy Lussick a discounted unit, a deal which was found by the NRL to have no salary cap implications.

Seward's statement, signed in Melbourne on May 2, 2016, was one of the many pieces of evidence the NRL used to impose sanctions on Parramatta, including a $1 million fine and the cancellation of registrations of five key officials.

However, the blowtorch could yet be applied to player managers – and potentially even players – as the governing body progresses to the next phase of its investigation.

Seward and former Eels football manager Jason Irvine – both of whom admitted to making cash payments to former hooker Nathan Peats – were painted by some Eels administrators as rogue employees who broke the rules without their knowledge.

This grated with the pair, who claimed most of the club's administration were aware – or had instructed them – to circumvent the salary cap. In the transcripts from his interview with the integrity unit, Irvine stated: "That's when I was really upset when he [former Parramatta chairman Steve Sharp] said it was rogue – they're rogue employees. I'm, 'Mate, I just didn't do this on my own'."

Hopoate did not return calls yesterday.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-obeid-jnr-20160710-gq2n4y.html#ixzz4E0REk3f2

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Note them showing him in Bulldogs NOT Parra jersey.... dickheads..

How dumb are the club to be documenting all this dodgy shit though!!

What annoys me though, is currently Parra are only 3 wins out of the 8... yet cheated to get there. Any team they beat should have 2 points awarded for a win, and they should have been removed from the comp for rest of season.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Note them showing him in Bulldogs NOT Parra jersey.... dickheads..

How dumb are the club to be documenting all this dodgy shit though!!

What annoys me though, is currently Parra are only 3 wins out of the 8... yet cheated to get there. Any team they beat should have 2 points awarded for a win, and they should have been removed from the comp for rest of season.
It's disgraceful that Greenberg has allowed them to still be in contention

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JARRYD Hayne will be free to return to the NRL this season after revelations of a loophole in the June 30 player signing deadline.

Hayne, who announced on Monday he had missed out a place in Fiji’s Rugby Sevens team for next month’s Rio Olympic Games, will fly back to Sydney this week to sort out his future.

Despite being fined $1 million and stripped of 12 competition points for salary cap infringements, the Eels will be able to fit Hayne into their plans for the remainder of the year if the board agrees to release Kieran Foran from his $5 million contract.

The 28-year-old has previously declared if he was to return to the NRL, it would be with the Eels, where he spent nine years before quitting rugby league to pursue an NFL career at the end of 2014.

It’s believed the NRL will look to use Hayne’s potential signature as a bargaining chip for the Eels to replace their under-fire board and undergo widespread governance reforms.

Wayne Beavis, Hayne’s manager, admitted he was aware of the loophole that would allow Hayne to return to the NRL this season.

Only a few NRL teams would be able to fit Hayne under their salary cap for the remainder of 2016.

Penrith general manager Phil Gould told The Daily Telegraph that despite granting James Segeyaro and Jamie Soward midseason releases to play overseas, the money saved would go towards locking up their wealth of junior talent.

The Sydney Roosters, who have long been linked with Hayne, would also seem an unlikely destination for the two-time Dally M medallist given their finals aspirations are all-but gone.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JARRYD Hayne will be free to return to the NRL this season after revelations of a loophole in the June 30 player signing deadline.

Hayne, who announced on Monday he had missed out a place in Fiji’s Rugby Sevens team for next month’s Rio Olympic Games, will fly back to Sydney this week to sort out his future.

Despite being fined $1 million and stripped of 12 competition points for salary cap infringements, the Eels will be able to fit Hayne into their plans for the remainder of the year if the board agrees to release Kieran Foran from his $5 million contract.

The 28-year-old has previously declared if he was to return to the NRL, it would be with the Eels, where he spent nine years before quitting rugby league to pursue an NFL career at the end of 2014.

It’s believed the NRL will look to use Hayne’s potential signature as a bargaining chip for the Eels to replace their under-fire board and undergo widespread governance reforms.

Wayne Beavis, Hayne’s manager, admitted he was aware of the loophole that would allow Hayne to return to the NRL this season.

Only a few NRL teams would be able to fit Hayne under their salary cap for the remainder of 2016.

Penrith general manager Phil Gould told The Daily Telegraph that despite granting James Segeyaro and Jamie Soward midseason releases to play overseas, the money saved would go towards locking up their wealth of junior talent.

The Sydney Roosters, who have long been linked with Hayne, would also seem an unlikely destination for the two-time Dally M medallist given their finals aspirations are all-but gone.
Loophole ? Which Loophole ??
~c.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the loop hole apprantly is he is not a current NRL player, the transfer window is for NRL players.
still cant see it happening
Cant you see the NRL dream fairy tale happening? Hayne comes back and the Eels win enough to make the 8 and go on to win the GF. Time to paint ANZ stadium blue and gold come October.

Status
Not open for further replies.