Parramatta Eels Salary Cap Rort

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
the loop hole apprantly is he is not a current NRL player, the transfer window is for NRL players.
still cant see it happening

They would have no where near enough salary cap space even with there being only 8 rounds to go ( that is if there is any after they just got under the cap by shedding players and they have signed Robson for the rest of the year) to sign him unless he plays for bargain basement price; but, if that were to happen the NRL would be showing their current true colours by allowing the club to pay a player well below his value. Was that not the argument the NRL used when Parramatta wanted to sign Folau? Then again we have seen the NRL do as they please without consideration for the other 15 clubs in the competition.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/pa...ramatta-eels-this-season-20160711-gq31xm.html

NRL may allow Jarryd Hayne to join Parramatta Eels this season
m.smh.com.au

The NRL will consider registering Jarryd Hayne for the rest of the season if Parramatta officials cease their bitter feud with the governing body over the salary cap saga and move to rebuild the club.

Fairfax Media understands the Eels are preparing to launch an audacious bid to lure Hayne back to the club this season after the code-hopping superstar was left out of the Fijian sevens rugby union squad for the Rio Olympics next month.

The June 30 transfer deadline applies only to rugby league registered players, meaning Hayne will be able to join the Eels this season if the NRL approves his contract.

However, it is believed the NRL is unlikely to do so unless the Eels agree to undertake a series of governance reforms and fast-track the process to elect a new board.

The Eels would only have room in the salary cap to squeeze Hayne in for this season if they agree to Kieran Foran's release request from his multimillion-dollar contract, which is close to being finalised.

It is estimated the release of Foran would provide the Eels with an additional $250,000 for the remainder of this season, which is close to Hayne's estimated value for the final three months of the rugby league financial year.

"We have always made it very clear that we would love to see him back," NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg said.

"I actually sat with Jarryd in round 1 at Pirtek Stadium this year and told him we would welcome him back. That has only strengthened on today's news. So, if and when Jarryd is prepared to make the decision on the next stage of his career, if he wants to have a discussion with us about the NRL, we are more than happy to have that discussion.

"We are certainly not opening any special funds [to get him back] which have been mentioned before. The priority is to offer him a chance to play in the NRL. So the offer is absolutely open. He is a gifted athlete. We would love to see him back playing with us. We will work with the club as I have said over and over. We are here to help Parramatta."

Hayne was informed by Fiji coach Ben Ryan last week that he didn't make the final squad and will return to Sydney this week to sort out his future.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/pa...ramatta-eels-this-season-20160711-gq31xm.html

NRL may allow Jarryd Hayne to join Parramatta Eels this season
m.smh.com.au

The NRL will consider registering Jarryd Hayne for the rest of the season if Parramatta officials cease their bitter feud with the governing body over the salary cap saga and move to rebuild the club.

Fairfax Media understands the Eels are preparing to launch an audacious bid to lure Hayne back to the club this season after the code-hopping superstar was left out of the Fijian sevens rugby union squad for the Rio Olympics next month.

The June 30 transfer deadline applies only to rugby league registered players, meaning Hayne will be able to join the Eels this season if the NRL approves his contract.

However, it is believed the NRL is unlikely to do so unless the Eels agree to undertake a series of governance reforms and fast-track the process to elect a new board.

The Eels would only have room in the salary cap to squeeze Hayne in for this season if they agree to Kieran Foran's release request from his multimillion-dollar contract, which is close to being finalised.

It is estimated the release of Foran would provide the Eels with an additional $250,000 for the remainder of this season, which is close to Hayne's estimated value for the final three months of the rugby league financial year.

"We have always made it very clear that we would love to see him back," NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg said.

"I actually sat with Jarryd in round 1 at Pirtek Stadium this year and told him we would welcome him back.
That has only strengthened on today's news. So, if and when Jarryd is prepared to make the decision on the next stage of his career, if he wants to have a discussion with us about the NRL, we are more than happy to have that discussion.

"We are certainly not opening any special funds [to get him back] which have been mentioned before. The priority is to offer him a chance to play in the NRL. So the offer is absolutely open. He is a gifted athlete. We would love to see him back playing with us. We will work with the club as I have said over and over. We are here to help Parramatta."

Hayne was informed by Fiji coach Ben Ryan last week that he didn't make the final squad and will return to Sydney this week to sort out his future.
Just goes to show how corrupt the NRL and its cronies really are. Parramatta have been a disgrace the past year with actions that should have wiped them out of any possibility of being in contention for the eight. To think that the NRL sees nothing wrong in affording them a chance to do so beggars belief. Todd Greenberg thinks of Todd Greenberg and his biggest concern is the way that people perceive him rather than his ability to take sure, swift and proper action regarding what has been an absolute blight on the game.

"We are here to help Parramatta"; absolute crock of sh@t : what about Parramatta helping themselves and doing the right thing for a change, rather than whinge and complain that they have been unfairly treated. Tell the other clubs who have been done for cheating the cap that the treatment they received was not worse. Those teams got no shot at finals glory.

They wanted Kieran Foran and all the other players at their club without giving proper consideration to the right way to achieve it and now after badgering Foran( who cannot play again this year due to injury) with breach notices (hoping he would leave of his own accord which would technically free up cap space), it appears their wish will be granted, all so they can have the prodigal son return. I hope the NRL makes sure the TPA impost for Foran stays for the next few years under their cap or that punishment will also be forgotten.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ill piss myself laughing if he gets to play and does a knee in round 26 and is out for most of next season

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Note them showing him in Bulldogs NOT Parra jersey.... dickheads..

How dumb are the club to be documenting all this dodgy shit though!!

What annoys me though, is currently Parra are only 3 wins out of the 8... yet cheated to get there. Any team they beat should have 2 points awarded for a win, and they should have been removed from the comp for rest of season.
Probably cause it's the only time in the last 4 years he has looked like a footballer

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats about the stupidest thing I've ever heard..... stop being upset we caught you breaking a rule and gave you a historically light punishment, if you let it go, we'll let you break a different rule.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Meh player caught in sex tape scandal... could this have been the one The Lurker mentioned a while back regarding a prostie?

Unless the females name is Bella and Mitchell Pearce was also involved.. who cares.
Unless he's snorting coke off her tits... who cares.

On another note.. was this what @Wolfmother was talking about??

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't think Norman is married is he? makes the sex tape bride kind of funny really.... if I got a call saying someone had a sex tape I was a star in and they would release it if I didn't pay $150K as reported here, my response would be the same as Normans, nah, thats ok, go ahead release it, idiot, hope I performed well....... I'll give the link as a new pickup line when at the club next weekend :laughing:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meh player caught in sex tape scandal... could this have been the one The Lurker mentioned a while back regarding a prostie?

Unless the females name is Bella and Mitchell Pearce was also involved.. who cares.

Yep

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Not a good look though, banging a chick on tape, in front of mates, who are doing lines of coke on the dresser drawers ?

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Word on the street is someone gets their ass eaten out on the video.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Word on the street is someone gets their ass eaten out on the video.
Was the woman at the Bulldogs game on the weeekend discussing it with her friends in front of kids?

@sillymaddog :D ??

@FaceBreaker where is that coming from? Facebook rumour mill?

I've got friends that used to play for Parra, but I don't believe the know Norman... pretty sure they left before all that.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No a good look . If Norman has done nothing illegal then its not really worth knowing about. Its his own choice to shag who hey wants when he wants. It does comprise his integrity a bit thou... parra are a basket case. .

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Parra Directors have been bending over their club and completely fucking it for the past few years and the media aren't interested in videos of that..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Parra Directors have been bending over their club and completely fucking it for the past few years and the media aren't interested in videos of that..
Are not most of those types of movies NOT based on real life stories? Where would the poetic licence be and who would have been approached to play the starring roles?

( The freedom to depart from the facts of a matter or from the conventional rules of language when speaking or writing in order to create an effect : He used a little poetic licence to embroider a good tale.)

Status
Not open for further replies.