Fastest car under $80k brand new or near new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All about the diff and transmission before tyres, manual might be fun or more for the enthusiast but everyone knows a built auto always wins

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Interesting times ahead for him if he has the car dealer serviced. The ECUs in those GTRs log EVERYTHING, and if the dealership finds out the car is driven hard or raced, bye bye factory warranty at all dealerships.

It's true though, traction is the biggest issue.

Theres good reason why top fuelers have massive arse tyres on them, or Doorslammers are tubbed to the shithouse.. it's all about getting as much of that 6000hp to the ground.
R34, not new

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All about the diff and transmission before tyres, manual might be fun or more for the enthusiast but everyone knows a built auto always wins
Porsche double clutch pdk owns all.
I want that fkn 918 spyder. Nothing can take it down.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Get a black car..

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Automatics are the shittest gearboxes ever installed in cars.
A lot of people confuse modern dcg boxes for autos. They're not. They're manual gearboxes with software controlled clutches.
A true auto has a torque converter and a valve body and is completely useless.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
A lot of people confuse modern dcg boxes for autos. They're not. They're manual gearboxes with software controlled clutches.
I'll take a manualised, transbraked glide or t400 with a good stall over any modern gearbox when it comes to going fast in a straight line ;)

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really, if you manualise an auto and build up its valve body to handle higher pressures coupled with a good torque converter you'll smoke every manual plus it will handle the power output of a motor much better than a clutch or human can. A computer isn't needed for it aswell as you control the shifts and etc.

A standard auto box is okay but once you build certain GM boxes up you have something ready to handle big power and speed.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll take a manualised, transbraked glide or t400 with a good stall over any modern gearbox when it comes to going fast in a straight line ;)
When I had my Calais, I was building up a 4L60E to handle some good power and smoke people on the street but we went Euro and haven't looked back :p

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not really, if you manualise an auto and build up its valve body to handle higher pressures coupled with a good torque converter you'll smoke every manual plus it will handle the power output of a motor much better than a clutch or human can. A computer isn't needed for it aswell as you control the shifts and etc.

A standard auto box is okay but once you build certain GM boxes up you have something ready to handle big power and speed.
Both of youse are talking about being "straight line princesses" that's not driving.
Corner to corner through the nasho on a sunny, cold morning. That's my idea of heaven.
No auto is going to hang with me in those conditions.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Both of youse are talking about being "straight line princesses" that's not driving.
Corner to corner through the nasho on a sunny, cold morning. That's my idea of heaven.
No auto is going to hang with me in those conditions.
If it's built well it will do the job and more haha!

Stuff the nasho, never take my cars on or any so called routes because all the roads are crap (typical nsw) and full of drivers asking for an accident God forbid.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
When I had my Calais, I was building up a 4L60E to handle some good power and smoke people on the street but we went Euro and haven't looked back :p
lol would have been a waste of coin spending money on a 4L60E, the 65 was a little better, both were garbage for anything with decent power/torque

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lol would have been a waste of coin spending money on a 4L60E, the 65 was a little better, both were garbage for anything with decent power/torque
Haha, the 4L60E was easy to get parts for and easy to work on atleast. It was going to go behind a boosted 5 litre but it was taking too long to build so it went!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it's built well it will do the job and more haha!

Stuff the nasho, never take my cars on or any so called routes because all the roads are crap (typical nsw) and full of drivers asking for an accident God forbid.
Love the nasho so much I moved there. I Drive it every day.
Garie to Otford is the best road in Sydney, closely followed by kangaroo valley.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What did the op end up purchasing?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The fastest car under $80K is any rental car. Especially red ones.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Drove a BMW 228i on the weekend as my missus is about to buy one, I was really impressed. It's not 'fast' by my standards, but it's quick enough for her, gets up and goes great for a little turbo 4, handles well, looks really good too

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Drove a BMW 228i on the weekend as my missus is about to buy one, I was really impressed. It's not 'fast' by my standards, but it's quick enough for her, gets up and goes great for a little turbo 4, handles well, looks really good too
No you didn't your were in your granny flat sucking on a long neck thinking you did lol

Status
Not open for further replies.