Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Your work here is done, thank you and goodbye Louis - and I sincerely mean that, love him because he's such a character and it's a shame it hasn't worked out

LvG will retire from management with an impressive record that boasts 4 trophies in 4 different countries (Netherlands, Spain, Germany & England) he has managed in.. to put that into perspective, only other current managers to achieve a similar feat include Mourinho (Portugal, England, Italy & Spain) and Ancelotti (Italy, England & Spain)

It will take some time, especially because his final stint in management wasn't as successful but LvG will go down as one of the greats in football management

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your work here is done, thank you and goodbye Louis - and I sincerely mean that, love him because he's such a character but it's a shame it hasn't worked out
So it's pretty done I'm guessing? Mourinho

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
So it's pretty done I'm guessing? Mourinho
The deal was done a while ago, never doubted the sources I've used so an official announcement from the club will be made shortly

While the media in England kept flip flopping on the Mourinho rumours, they pretty much did that to cover all angles so when news breaks, they can say "Hey, we were right! We told you that Mourinho would/wouldn't be Manchester United manager"

Also, see what happened to Manchester City when they announced Guardiola as manager for next season? They went from challenging in all competitions to having their season turn to shit, absolutely disrespectful to Pellegrini even if he's the manager of the other mob

And as I say this, there's already leaks coming through that Mourinho could be announced as earliest as Tuesday.. can't even give LvG some time to celebrate the FA Cup win, if the leaks are coming from within the club then that's disrespectful and embarrassing, let the man have his moment and let's just fucking celebrate the win

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Right, word is that Mourinho's camp, more so his agent Jorge Mendes, leaked the news to the press after the FA Cup final.. cannot imagine the club would be too pleased with that

There's a time and place for everything.. let LvG have his moment, could have and should have been announced at a later date - embarrassing the lack of respect LvG has been shown

Last edited:

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right, word is that Mourinho's camp, more so his agent Jorge Mendes, leaked the news to the press after the FA Cup final.. cannot imagine the club would be too pleased with that

There's a time and place for everything.. let LvG have his moment, could have and should have been announced at a later date - embarrassing the lack of respect LvG has been shown
Il be the first to say I was a critic at times but pretty piss poor form from Mendes (I really hate the prick) ... LVG did a lot of good things too such as clear out the deadwood. Could have given him a couple of days to enjoy it

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
We've fucking done it, FA Cup winners 2015/16.. something to at least celebrate after a disappointing season

Also means we've finally broken the post Sir Alex trophy drought

LvG becomes the first Manchester United manager in our history to win a trophy in his first two season in charge.. but I guess you won't hear that fact going around too much because it doesn't fit the #LvGOut narrative

FYI, injured and players not selected in the match day squad all travelled to Wembley
Depay didn't travel
With them?

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
definately happy we won the FA CUP...but boy it didnt look good when Palace scored...but proud of the boys for sticking in there and well deserved!
thank you LVG! but... on your bike!
no champions league is a fail... i no the football hasnt been pretty but i still think he would have run down his contract had we made top 4!
unlucky..but u can leave proudly with your FA CUP and retire knowing you are the 1st manager to win a trophy in the post Sir Alex Era!
surely there is next to no chance he would be around next season and have his job being question every single week again...i kind of feel for the guy...he wouldnt need that stress at his age..
Mourinho is young enough and will embrace the challenge and criticism he recieves..
Pep Vs Mourinho cannot wait for it...
the premier league just gets better and better every year!
hope Optus coverage doesnt let us down!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Just read the article now. Ok Sonny who are we signing (players wise)?
Not much info on transfers other then we approached Zlatan last week and formally offered him a 1 year deal (with an option for a further year)

Seemingly now an outcast at Real Madrid, James Rodriguez could be a very handy pick up since he can add some pace to our attack also can play as a no 10 or out wide on the right, a position that we desperately need to fill with a world class talent - also happens to share the same agent as Mourinho.. Jorge Mendes

A very very very reliable source has said that Mourinho has contacted multiple players to ask them to follow him to Manchester United - no specific player mentioned but this source has been absolutely spot on regarding Manchester United news

Definitely not Renato Sanchez
What's the fuss around missing out on Renato Sanchez about?

The player himself has come out and said he rejected us to join Bayern Munich.. there's not much else the club could have done, we scouted him for 20+ matches straight and offered Benfica what they wanted but he turned us down to join Bayern Munich because he said he'll win titles and that's fair enough, they're in a much better state at the moment than we are

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
so finally its official LVG sacked...
probably what most of us United fans wanted..but we must pay thanks to him for bringing our 1st trophy in the post Sir Alex Era and always giving some of the younger players a good go this season (probably not by choice, seeing the injuries we had) but still he is known for nurturing young talent and we can thank him for that.
Also, clearing out some of the dead wood, but time to move on...we lost way 2 many games we should of won and easily finished in the 4 this season.
awaiting officail news on Mourinho...but seems like its only a matter of time now

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
so who should go and who should stay and what do we need

go - young, valencia

also where the fk is pereira

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
If perriera didnt get a shot with LVG
Doubt he will with Mou
Think he will try to bring in as many world class players as he can
Which means we will start from scratch again
But i cnt complain because the football under lvg was horrid
And with no champions league again and all fans screaming for a change
Here it is...
Bring on a long silly transfer season
With the euros on too i expect a lot of last minute signings

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Not much info on transfers other then we approached Zlatan last week and formally offered him a 1 year deal (with an option for a further year)

Seemingly now an outcast at Real Madrid, James Rodriguez could be a very handy pick up since he can add some pace to our attack also can play as a no 10 or out wide on the right, a position that we desperately need to fill with a world class talent - also happens to share the same agent as Mourinho.. Jorge Mendes

A very very very reliable source has said that Mourinho has contacted multiple players to ask them to follow him to Manchester United - no specific player mentioned but this source has been absolutely spot on regarding Manchester United news

What's the fuss around missing out on Renato Sanchez about?

The player himself has come out and said he rejected us to join Bayern Munich.. there's not much else the club could have done, we scouted him for 20+ matches straight and offered Benfica what they wanted but he turned us down to join Bayern Munich because he said he'll win titles and that's fair enough, they're in a much better state at the moment than we are
To win trophies.

They could made their intentions clear earlier. Signalled that we are ready to start challenging and winning again. perhaps then he'd have thought a little harder.

So, in actual fact...they could have done more.