Turned a corner, or nothing special?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Todays attack to me showed that something has changed. We started the season with that sort of attack and then reverted back to 2015 form.

So, in your opinion have we turned a corner in our season today, is it too early to tell, or was today's win a case of a wounded opponent?

I'm hoping today we have turned a corner in our season, but i'd love to see this sort of attack against a top side and see if the same set moves work.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
heaps more urgency, heaps more passion, heaps more commitment, hooker on the bench, Trex dropped for his piss poor performances.

We have definitely turned a corner and Des has change his game plan for us.

Hopefully we keep on improving from here.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well all i know is we played a different style of footy today, halves where running the ball and taking on the line, our backline got nice early ball and actually had space in front of them, josh jackson was injecting himself into the backline as well. All these things i haven't seen this season(well hardly seen).

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely need to back it up and string a few together. I'd say there were definitely differences but. Few set plays, line speed was superb and the forwards just went hard and fast. I've said for 2 years now that Klemmer needs to start.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd just like to see him manage the bench rotations better.

That still frustrates the shit out of me.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the first half yes.

Second half we just went back to Des ball, apart from that try to Garvey.
Second half was just like the first just with poorer ball control in their 20, just because we didn't score doesn't mean we played shit. Penalties and errors are what made the second half pretty quiet and we still scored 3 tries

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like to think in a perfect world that the amazing try was Des saying "ffs fine, heres a sneaky one made for the semis now stfu!" lol. Coaches are so crucial to a teams success and De$ needs to stay accountable and avoid complacency from here on in. We are on a week by week basis still for me before we reach the "mathematical desperation" stage

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to understand our roster has flaws and bring expectations into line.

We played great today, but our spine is still a question mark issue that may hamstring us assuming we make the finals. Thats being realistic.

Anyway, I feel like we can beat any team (on our day), so that tells me we're competitive. Our defense is strong and finals ready. We have a flawed roster but hopefully we can continue to build, thats all we can ask.

Enjoyable win, more please. Go the dogs...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Second half was just like the first just with poorer ball control in their 20, just because we didn't score doesn't mean we played shit. Penalties and errors are what made the second half pretty quiet and we still scored 3 tries
Just looked like it was more restricted football compared to the first half.

I thought they only got 2 penalties in the second half?

PS I'm not dumb champ, I know if we didn't score doesnt mean we played shit.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Second half was rat shit... We made it look nice with 2 tries at the end. We still lack consistency and that killer punch.
Its a step in the right direction but its been said before, if we don't win next week we are back to square 1. Moses went into his shell in the 2nd after the big hit in the first half though. RFM is a breath of fresh air, would be nice to have a fit B-Moz floating around him later in the season.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Turned the corner? Slightly rhetorical however short answer no!
We beat Roosters then maybe yes

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People need to understand our roster has flaws and bring expectations into line.

We played great today, but our spine is still a question mark issue that may hamstring us assuming we make the finals. Thats being realistic.

Anyway, I feel like we can beat any team (on our day), so that tells me we're competitive. Our defense is strong and finals ready. We have a flawed roster but hopefully we can continue to build, thats all we can ask.
Our hamstrung spine have us one win away from first place get a grip mate Cowboys have only won one more game than us when will you guys learn the only thing that affects the dogs performance is game plan and game management our roster is one of the finest in the NRL no question when you add Bmoz and hoppa to today's line up its a premiership team everyday of the week... Issue is Halser doesn't always have a premiership gameplan

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Don't think the game plan changed at all. We just put away poor opposition today. Same thing would have happened if we played tigers 2 weeks ago. We were more consistent over 80 minutes today but. Need to keep high intensity for 80 mins. We can score points no problem.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It was good to win, but yeh winning back to back is the next step in getting some momentum going. A lot of people will be happier if we win back to back. And it wont be any trip to the park next week. Roosters have close to their best side back now, and will be winning more matches now.

Status
Not open for further replies.