60 Minutes crew arrested after Child Abduction attempt in Lebanon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think that they assaulted the mans mum, threatened with a weapon and the actual act of snatching the kids from their caretakers in Lebanon.
I posted my comment before finishing it lol.
I just read that they're being charged with kidnapping but I don't understand how you can kidnap your children if you are their full time parent.. All the lawyers need to do is get the Australian government to prove the mother is the full time custodian and there is no kidnapping case.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just read that they're being charged with kidnapping but I don't understand how you can kidnap your children if you are their full time parent.. All the lawyers need to do is get the Australian government to prove the mother is the full time custodian and there is no kidnapping case.
Yeah its a tough situation, maybe it with manner they chose to do it is what's angered the government in Lebanon

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If this situation was reversed and happened here, the media would be going off big time making it out like it was an act of terror or what not. I hate those knobs on 60 minutes, hopefully they lock them away ffs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How is this kidnapping?
It's been reported that the father was awarded custody of the children (in Australia), and then moved back to Lebanon (as he is American/Lebanese).

From what I read (albeit limited), the silly woman contacted 60 minutes and in there infinite wisdom the morons contacted a child recovery agency over there. Only problem was the correspondence the woman had with 60 minutes and recovery agency was done using a shared email address that he also had access to. He alerted the authorities of their plan to abduct the children, and when they arrived in Lebanon and were located they were arrested.

Serves them damn well right.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Have been laughing ever since they were caught.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sneaky **** would have known that too.
You were spot on
In Lebanon, Mr Elamine has custodial rights as the father, in contrast to Ms Faulkner's custodial ruling granted by the Australian courts

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's been reported that the father was awarded custody of the children (in Australia), and then moved back to Lebanon (as he is American/Lebanese).

From what I read (albeit limited), the silly woman contacted 60 minutes and in there infinite wisdom the morons contacted a child recovery agency over there. Only problem was the correspondence the woman had with 60 minutes and recovery agency was done using a shared email address that he also had access to. He alerted the authorities of their plan to abduct the children, and when they arrived in Lebanon and were located they were arrested.

Serves them damn well right.
I've since read :

In Lebanon, Mr Elamine has custodial rights as the father, in contrast to Ms Faulkner's custodial ruling granted by the Australian courts.

So this is the contentious issue ..

She is the custodial parent by Australian Law
But he is the custodial parent by Lebanese law.

It's messed up..

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did she not take the kids to australia and say they are not coming back ? Where were they born ?

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was having this discussion with a lady at work the other day. There have been so many times people have broken laws in other countries and have been punished for it. This is no different. It might seem harsh but the law is the law and regardless we need to obide by it. Unfortunately the guy that took his kids got away with it but that isn't an excuse to break the law too. The mother could have settled this another way and the 60 minutes crew have put themselves in hot water so they can't really blame anyone else for this.
Also do we know the reason why he took his kids away in the first place? Ugly divorce or was it more than that. Tbh the story was very one sided to begin with.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did she not take the kids to australia and say they are not coming back ? Where were they born ?
the kids were born in Australia and apparently the whole family moved to Lebanon but the mum returned with the children because the town they lived in got bombed and she felt it was unsafe..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One more post on the Australian way of life or the Lebanese way of life, there will be bans.
Stick to topic.
So every day, on various threads people post derogatory comments about all sorts of things/people/groups and take threads off topic to suit themselves and their prejudices ... and you seek to censor this thread for going off topic?

OK.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
the kids were born in Australia and apparently the whole family moved to Lebanon but the mum returned with the children because the town they lived in got bombed and she felt it was unsafe..
Hmmm tough one i got no idea for the family. But have no problem if they execute the 60mins crew

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What law has been broken? Kidnapping ? You cannot kidnap your own children ! She is the full custodian of the children by Australian law and he broke an agreement to return the children . He was meant to have them for 3 weeks but 9 months later he still has them
Of course you can kidnap your own children ! If he's a citizen of Lebanon, then his kids are too.
So it stands to reason that the Lebanese legal system would aim to prosecute crimes against Lebanese people.
Just as we would have charged him with kidnapping if he ever came back to Australia.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why would Lebanese officials recognize the custodial findings of another country ?
In Lebanon, he's their father and legal guardian.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a messed up situation over all. The mother had custody in Australia. She agreed to let the kids visit their dad for a holiday in Lebanon not knowing that the father was planning to keep the children. This is kidnapping by coercion and would result in the father being charged except that the father's family holds a lot of influence in Lebanon so the father pulled a few strings and got legal custody in Lebanon.

Everyone keeps saying that the mother should have done the right thing but there was no right thing. Everyone keeps saying that she should have used official channels but there is no official channels in this case. The only possible way she could get her children back is if the father brought them back to Australia which he would not do. The Australian government can charge the father with kidnapping by coercion but Lebanon wouldn't agree to extradite the father or the children and Australia even asking would be a breach of international agreement.

The mother had two choices. Never see her kids again or pay someone to kidnap them. I know what I would have done.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That said, what 60 minutes did is a complete breach of ethics. They paid a mother knowing full well that the mother would use that money to commit a crime. This isn't reporting the news, this is creating the news. 60 minutes got what they deserved.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why would Lebanese officials recognize the custodial findings of another country ?
In Lebanon, he's their father and legal guardian.
It's fucken ironic of a man/culture who holds their own mother in the highest regard and would committ mortal sin to honor her name yet turn around and treat the mother of his children like a piece of garbage letting her rot in prison .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.