God's Will? Hopoate will not play Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I suppose we can look at it in another way. At least we have a backup fullback player who can play most of the games.
Like a part timer

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as he plays all finals games I couldn't care less.

And to be completely honest, if he's going to go back to playing centre, I don't care at all..

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As long as he plays all finals games I couldn't care less.
The guy is going to go possibly go into a day game GF with no experience even knowing what's like playing with the sun out. lol

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How come no one had any problem with us losing 6 players to orgin every year for 3 to 6 matchs and then coming back busted up but Hoppa having a few games off is a problem.

This is what he signed up for. Yeah its annoying but so are suspensions and injuries and Origin.

Grahene and Reynolds were injuried and suspened last year and dogs had to pay for his recovery or judiciary. They were away from the game more then 3 matches.

Maybe Hoppa should pretend to be injuried every sunday game then everyone will feel better about it.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How come no one had any problem with us losing 6 players to orgin every year for 3 to 6 matchs and then coming back busted up but Hoppa having a few games off is a problem.

This is what he signed up for. Yeah its annoying but so are suspensions and injuries and Origin.

Grahene and Reynolds were injuried and suspened last year and dogs had to pay for his recovery or judiciary. They were away from the game more then 3 matches.

Maybe Hoppa should pretend to be injuried every sunday game then everyone will feel better about it.
I dont particularly like losing players to origin but thats part of the sport.
The problem is it was a selfish request to ask of the club when its a team sport. And a dumber decision by the club to agree with it.
We live in a 24 / 7 society these days its not like footy players work flat out 40 + hours a week and dont have spare time for other commitments.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Still absolutely gobsmacked by this and how weak this club is by agreeing to it. Spin it however the fuck you want. I hope people grill the absolute shit out of Castle tonight.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still absolutely gobsmacked by this and how weak this club is by agreeing to it. Spin it however the fuck you want. I hope people grill the absolute shit out of Castle tonight.
She'll say its not written in his contract .. Therefore Hoppa can be used to shoulder charge players or breach rules just before Sunday matches

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Look, this is a guy who walked out on football earnings for 2 years while at the top of his game. Let's conservatively say that's 250k p.a. so half a million dollars.

He didn't discover his religion yesterday and according to the story he was open about this requirement during negotiations. It may have also been a stipulation in his Manly contract when Des also coached him? The bottom line is the club wanted him and regarded this as a reasonable concession. It is the club's job to get us a premiership not ours. With each game Hopoate shows how good he is and seems to be justifying the club's decision.

Yes it will be interesting if we get to the GF and he cannot play. It will be a test of man and club. Hopefully though we will have BMoz back and fit and in form by then and Stanley is growing as a player so who knows, we may not need him to win.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She'll spin it as a positive, 'look how we are encouraging diversity through allowing Will to practice his faith'.

#7 reason for not renewing membership...............

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score

I thought plenty of people have a problem with losing players to Origin. But that is out of the clubs control. As for the suspensions do you not remember the innumerable threads on Josh Reynold's brain explosions? Do you not remember people calling for James to lose the captaincy? Several people have a problem with the Mozz's being available for origin and yet broken for us. When suspended or injured the players are not able to take the field. Hoppa is able to play and is choosing not to.
The reason people get angry when players are suspended or injured or on rep duty is because we are worried we won't win games with our best players out. Hoppa is probably our best option at Fullback right now.

Malla

Reaction score
I'm surprised by some of the ignorant comments here. End of the day, footy is just a game and a means to an income. Hoppa's faith is clearly more important to him than footy.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
She'll spin it as a positive, 'look how we are encouraging diversity through allowing Will to practice his faith'.

#7 reason for not renewing membership...............
That's ok because membership numbers are up wheb you include those bullshit $50 memberships where you get a plastic bulldogs flag signed by Raelene and a lollipop to lick when the bulldogs suck as you are watching it on tv)

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought plenty of people have a problem with losing players to Origin. But that is out of the clubs control. As for the suspensions do you not remember the innumerable threads on Josh Reynold's brain explosions? Do you not remember people calling for James to lose the captaincy? Several people have a problem with the Mozz's being available for origin and yet broken for us. When suspended or injured the players are not able to take the field. Hoppa is able to play and is choosing not to.
The reason people get angry when players are suspended or injured or on rep duty is because we are worried we won't win games with our best players out. Hoppa is probably our best option at Fullback right now.
Yeah far enought but we are not losing him for nothing. We are not paying for it. If he stays mentally and physically healthy he will probably play as much games as everyone else. Hopefully we can keep win even without him.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised by some of the ignorant comments here. End of the day, footy is just a game and a means to an income. Hoppa's faith is clearly more important to him than footy.
Well we should not of signed him then , we are 12 years no gf win .personally i couldn't give a fuck about his faith or choices. I give a fuck about our club that can field the strongest possible team to win a grandfinal

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Look, this is a guy who walked out on football earnings for 2 years while at the top of his game. Let's conservatively say that's 250k p.a. so half a million dollars.

He didn't discover his religion yesterday and according to the story he was open about this requirement during negotiations. It may have also been a stipulation in his Manly contract when Des also coached him? The bottom line is the club wanted him and regarded this as a reasonable concession. It is the club's job to get us a premiership not ours. With each game Hopoate shows how good he is and seems to be justifying the club's decision.

Yes it will be interesting if we get to the GF and he cannot play. It will be a test of man and club. Hopefully though we will have BMoz back and fit and in form by then and Stanley is growing as a player so who knows, we may not need him to win.
He was a Mormon in 2011 when they won the Grand Final with Manly right? Or was he a part time Mormon then? Because i am pretty sure that GF was played on a Sunday.

just saying.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
T
than change career , know one is against his faith

Status
Not open for further replies.