Round 4 - Dogs vs Souths - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
1st post here guys, lurking for a while and i wanted to donate.

that being said, i feel like this forum is very much split, some of you guys would point out the bad from tonight and yea we didnt play as well in the second half but which team would having scored 32 in the first.

the rest of you guys are keeping it positive and i like that, we played well tonight and we should be fucking happy with the win.

we won by 30 fucking points, get over yourselves and enjoy a dogs win
Welcome to The Kennel and thanks for your kind donation :grinning:

Some people use sarcasm on here which is hard to pickup, because theres no way you can NOT be impressed by putting 40 on Souths. Yes they had troops out, but so do we!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Beastwood is honestly one of my favourite guys in the team the energy and enthusiasm as well as that sting in defence is noticeably absent when he is not there. I don't think people on here give him enough credit for what he does in our team
Naa, people give him too much credit on here. Im still struggling to understand how people put him in there top 3 over certain other players, but whatever i guess.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Naa, people give him too much credit on here. Im still struggling to understand how people put him in there top 3 over certain other players, but whatever i guess.
Honestly he offers the goods for us, either with good and hard defense/hits, good runs when needed, offloads, or just splitting up the middle with his footwork. His stats might not be as high but where he achieves his current stats is whats good.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Honestly he offers the goods for us, either with good and hard defense/hits, good runs when needed, offloads, or just splitting up the middle with his footwork. His stats might not be as high but where he achieves his current stats is whats good.
And i don't see it that way and im currently watching the game for a second time. People wanna talk about stats when it suits them and then cast them aside when they don't. I am just struggling to see how people can have him ahead of forwards like Tolman, Graham, Williams, Klemmer, Kasiano and Jackson tonight based on what i just watched along with the stats. But yh, he is a favourite and people will praise him at every chance possible.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And i don't see it that way and im currently watching the game for a second time. People wanna talk about stats when it suits them and then cast them aside when they don't. I am just struggling to see how people can have him ahead of forwards like Tolman, Graham, Williams, Klemmer, Kasiano and Jackson tonight based on what i just watched along with the stats. But yh, he is a favourite and people will praise him at every chance possible.
All good bro, its still early in the season to judge him now but I think its what I have seen with what Eastwood offers consistently. Like I said his stats aren't as high as our bigger name or longer working forwards but where he is achieving them is what makes them good.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well the pricks at the league live app must be dirty souths supporters, they have an article for the brisbane/cowboys game but not ours lol

Cosmo Kramer

Waterboy
Reaction score
What a game...I say it is adequate payback for last year's match. One of those games you don't forget. Just like last year's good Friday clash, this one is memorable. Remembered as the one in which we got even, one year later haha.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We've jumped to 3rd favourites for the title after this behind the broncos and cowboys. We don't face either till round 16 though.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What a game...I say it is adequate payback for last year's match. One of those games you don't forget. Just like last year's good Friday clash, this one is memorable. Remembered as the one in which we got even, one year later haha.
"One of the top 3 worst defeats for Souths", and the worst first half for Souths under McGuire.

:D

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well the pricks at the league live app must be dirty souths supporters, they have an article for the brisbane/cowboys game but not ours lol
Surprising from what I've read most souths fans say we flogged them fair and square, only thing I've seen them whinging about was our players supposedly twisting Inglis's leg in tackles.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well good morning. Just arrived home from Sydney about an hour and a half ago and have such not read anything posted on here since Wednesday night.

Wow, what a day! Any complaints about our fans not making enough noise at a game went right out the window today . We out supported those wascally wabbit fans in the Burrow and about ten out from fulltime not many were left there. Fantastic after the game when the boys came over to the kennel end of the ground ( and it was pretty packed believe me ) to celebrate with all of us fans. Massive rendition of the victory song to the delight of the players and it gave you goose bumps to see Jimmy as he walked along the back of the in goal area pointing to the emblem on his jersey and pounding his chest in pride. Was oh so sweet after the outcome of the corresponding game last year. Sure Souths were down a couple of players but so were we and T Rex only played half the game after copping a concussion in a tackle late in the first half. We outmuscled, out enthused and simply outplayed them.

Grub was very good today, Hoppa was safe at the back and he made a lovely try saver in the second half, T Rex was strong until he went off, Chase Stanley lasted the whole game and did some nice things in attack and defence and Sam Perrett played his part as well. Really, all the boys were good and it was such a stark contrast to last week where we were aimless in attack and wanting in defence. Congrats to Jmoz and Josh on their milestone appearances for the Dogs as well.

Second half of the game was not as much of a scoring feast for us but Souths had a lot of the possession in the second forty and it was two, just two, poor tackles which gave Souths their twelve points. Believe me the two fellas that missed the tackles Moz and Jacko were filthy with themselves and Josh apologized to his team mates about three times after Souths scored their first.

Boy did we give it to Inglis. The one point references were flying thick and fast and I think he understood come the end of the first half that if you need two points to win a game a field goal just does not cut it. Don't think he appreciated the call that he only needed to kick thirty three field goals to win the game if we were unable to score in the second half, lol.He was a whingey thing today too and just could not help complaining to and questioning Mr Cummins for the whole 80.Currently listening to Gasnier and his 'poor Souths' references on the replay is really turning my stomach. Paul Carter made a heap of mistakes and got hooked we think ( well it did not appear that he was injured) so his judiciary win did not benefit Souths.

The bunker was being extra cautious today and not so quick with their decisions. One thing I did note was that with the disallowed try to Keary they actually looked at the grounding and the play in the in goal area twice before they looked towards the obstruction part of it. Wondered were they considering awarding it at first, that's how confusing it was.

Thankfully the train trip back to Lidcombe and the car ride home was a heck of a lot more pleasant than last week believe me. I hope that everyone enjoyed the win whether at home or at the ground, I know I certainly did if not only to shut up the insipid microphone assisted chants from the Souths fans and to see the look on the Gladiators face as he contemplated the fact that this Easter the Rabbits didn't get the chocolates just a footy lesson.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Surprising from what I've read most souths fans say we flogged them fair and square, only thing I've seen them whinging about was our players supposedly twisting Inglis's leg in tackles.
Well you know that is bullshit because he wasn't even on the field lol

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well good morning. Just arrived home from Sydney about an hour and a half ago and have such not read anything posted on here since Wednesday night.

Wow, what a day! Any complaints about our fans not making enough noise at a game went right out the window today . We out supported those wascally wabbit fans in the Burrow and about ten out from fulltime not many were left there. Fantastic after the game when the boys came over to the kennel end of the ground ( and it was pretty packed believe me ) to celebrate with all of us fans. Massive rendition of the victory song to the delight of the players and it gave you goose bumps to see Jimmy as he walked along the back of the in goal area pointing to the emblem on his jersey and pounding his chest in pride. Was oh so sweet after the outcome of the corresponding game last year. Sure Souths were down a couple of players but so were we and T Rex only played half the game after copping a concussion in a tackle late in the first half. We outmuscled, out enthused and simply outplayed them.

Grub was very good today, Hoppa was safe at the back and he made a lovely try saver in the second half, T Rex was strong until he went off, Chase Stanley lasted the whole game and did some nice things in attack and defence and Sam Perrett played his part as well. Really, all the boys were good and it was such a stark contrast to last week where we were aimless in attack and wanting in defence. Congrats to Jmoz and Josh on their milestone appearances for the Dogs as well.

Second half of the game was not as much of a scoring feast for us but Souths had a lot of the possession in the second forty and it was two, just two, poor tackles which gave Souths their twelve points. Believe me the two fellas that missed the tackles Moz and Jacko were filthy with themselves and Josh apologized to his team mates about three times after Souths scored their first.

Boy did we give it to Inglis. The one point references were flying thick and fast and I think he understood come the end of the first half that if you need two points to win a game a field goal just does not cut it. Don't think he appreciated the call that he only needed to kick thirty three field goals to win the game if we were unable to score in the second half, lol.He was a whingey thing today too and just could not help complaining to and questioning Mr Cummins for the whole 80.Currently listening to Gasnier and his 'poor Souths' references on the replay is really turning my stomach. Paul Carter made a heap of mistakes and got hooked we think ( well it did not appear that he was injured) so his judiciary win did not benefit Souths.

The bunker was being extra cautious today and not so quick with their decisions. One thing I did note was that with the disallowed try to Keary they actually looked at the grounding and the play in the in goal area twice before they looked towards the obstruction part of it. Wondered were they considering awarding it at first, that's how confusing it was.

Thankfully the train trip back to Lidcombe and the car ride home was a heck of a lot more pleasant than last week believe me. I hope that everyone enjoyed the win whether at home or at the ground, I know I certainly did if not only to shut up the insipid microphone assisted chants from the Souths fans and to see the look on the Gladiators face as he contemplated the fact that this Easter the Rabbits didn't get the chocolates just a footy lesson.
great summation

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just checked the stats for a nosey and noticed Tyrell had ONE hit up in 31 minutes LMAO!!!!!! I know we had alot of the ball but that is just embarrassing, a prop forward having 1 hitup hahaha.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
exactly. he is definitely better than other rabbits hooker.
This is fair dinkum , hubby comes back from the football and goes , Adam Reynolds was their best player , played a lot of dummy half though .. I go 'that was cook '
I rest my case

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just checked the stats for a nosey and noticed Tyrell had ONE hit up in 31 minutes LMAO!!!!!! I know we had alot of the ball but that is just embarrassing, a prop forward having 1 hitup hahaha.
Not sure but wasnt he the one that Graham tried to line up late in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.