Not Renewing Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
how did you cancel it? i cant find it on that stupid membership website, i dont want it to roll over

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why were talking memberships. Have they completely abandoned the whole key ring thing where after x amount of years you would have white, blue, silver, gold etc... Im on my 5 years this season and i want my blue member bulldogs key ring !

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
they left another message on my answering machine yesterday , threatening that they could not hold our seats any longer and they would be given away... I thought it was done in poor taste .

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't renew this year ,one expense i cant really afford this year . Shit happens will probably go back next season. Will still attend a few games though .

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Clubs are always researching member retention and recruitment and reporting to the board monthly. They will log reasons why members aren't renewing and present them in their research. Whether the board acts on it is up to the board, but the membership department will pass on the feedback.

As for members being able to communicate to the club, there is a Members Advisory Forum but I don't know the name of the members involved or how often they meet with the club. I also don't know if they reappoint these members annually. Maybe send an email to membership@bulldogs.com.au if you'd like to be involved?

Clubs do welcome feedback and constructive criticism. They log it and try their best to act on it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
They would probably see someone not renewing because we had a loss the week before as a tantrum and dismiss it tbh. If we had beat eels would this thread have been started? I dont think so.Nothing wrong with how the club is run or the team. Theres nothing they can do to appease the fans who expect 20+ point wins every week to be happy.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They would probably see someone not renewing because we had a loss the week before as a tantrum and dismiss it tbh. If we had beat eels would this thread have been started? I dont think so.Nothing wrong with how the club is run or the team. Theres nothing they can do to appease the fans who expect 20+ point wins every week to be happy.
they rang before the Eels game mate

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm confused how you can think the coach has too much influence over the team? Who else would you rather was in charge of retention and recruitment?

Every club where the coach has to deal with a politicised board is in shambles and rarely makes it past week 1 of the finals (if they make it all). Just have a look at what board room shenanigans did to Manly the past couple of seasons when people like you didnt want Toovey having the same amount of power that Des had.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm confused how you can think the coach has too much influence over the team? Who else would you rather was in charge of retention and recruitment?

Every club where the coach has to deal with a politicised board is in shambles and rarely makes it past week 1 of the finals (if they make it all). Just have a look at what board room shenanigans did to Manly the past couple of seasons when people like you didnt want Toovey having the same amount of power that Des had.
Yeah Manly really did badly out of that set-up. 08 and 11 premiers.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
they rang before the Eels game mate
OK. Still. Just an unfortunate timing thing + co-incidence that the thread appeared after our first loss then, along with the other silly rage threads. It looks like a tantrum after the loss with its timing. If it appeared before the loss it may have looked less like a tantrum, but would still be frivolous

The OPs points are nothing they can or will do anything about, and i dont think they need to either. The team is run fine. What does the OP actually want? Coach sacked? Certain players sacked? Play the OPs favorite players intead? Its not fantasy coach ffs, fans dont get to choose that and always someone will disagree with what the coach decides whatever he did.

Dont expect the club to care about your sadness about the team any more than i do.

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I renew every year because I love the club and because I live in NZ it's the only way to show this ie cannot make the games

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. Still. Probably even less reason not to re-sign then. We were 2-0 at the time. Still believe they wont see it as anything they can do anything about, and dismiss it. The OPs points are nothing they can or will do anything about. And i dont think they need to either. Grow up people.
the current form wasn't the reason I didn't renew, thought I had been pretty clear about that (listing the reasons).

It probably doesn't make as strong a statement when you tell people to grow-up for having a different opinion than you.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Manly really did badly out of that set-up. 08 and 11 premiers.
Um did you read what I said about it being Des who controlled Manly prior to Toovey and the board not liking that? Some reading comprehension would be nice.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um did you read what I said about it being Des who controlled Manly prior to Toovey and the board not liking that? Some reading comprehension would be nice.
Des didn't have control at Manly, that's why he came to us. He went from Manly constantly fighting with the board and winning 2 premierships to total, unquestionable control at the Bulldogs and 0 premierships. What does that pattern suggest?

By the way, I'll work on my comprehension and you work on your rugby league knowledge, sound fair?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the current form wasn't the reason I didn't renew, thought I had been pretty clear about that (listing the reasons).

It probably doesn't make as strong a statement when you tell people to grow-up for having a different opinion than you.
Don't worry about him
He still thinks perret is the best winger in the comp and teams should be picked from
Players 30 and above.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Either way mate, its a cry because you arent getting things how YOU think they should be. You think the club will make Des coach differently, or change the way its players play, because you or even 100 fans dont agree with it? Dream on. The club will survive without your membership.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Don't worry about him
He still thinks perret is the best winger in the comp and teams should be picked from
Players 30 and above.
I never said Perrett is the best winger in the comp. IMO Radradra is ok. What i have said is perrett isnt as bad as the flamers make him out to be and is valuable to the team. Didnt say he was an immortal you douche. Pull your head in

Last edited:

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des didn't have control at Manly, that's why he came to us. He went from Manly constantly fighting with the board and winning 2 premierships to total, unquestionable control at the Bulldogs and 0 premierships. What does that pattern suggest?

By the way, I'll work on my comprehension and you work on your rugby league knowledge, sound fair?
Des did have that control while Manly was succesful. He brought them up from nothing and when they tried to wrestle that control off him he started entertaining offers elsewhere.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either way mate, its a cry because you arent getting things how YOU think they should be. You think the club will make Des coach differently, or change the way its players play, because you or even 100 fans dont agree with it? Dream on. The club will survive without your membership.
When did I say the club will be run differently or anything remotely like that? I was simply talking about a call I got from the club, I never said anything about it making a difference, I said it was a nice gesture.

I know my not renewing won't make any difference, especially when there are so many people who will blindly renew regardless, such as yourself. I can make a point without insulting people.

Status
Not open for further replies.