Dogs vs Storm trial to be live streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mr I trex is taking the piss and disgracing the Bulldogs jersey or a better way to maybe put it is not respecting it. He doesn't care about you me the club the fans or the jersey, all he cares about is his salary and this can be clearly seen with the attitude allround and especially in defence. Also in attack he hides out in the centres and always looks to pass first never run.
any other player and I'm 100% with u even perret ffs however can't defend or stand mr tony Williams in a Bulldogs jersey any longer.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jmoz had some strong carries coming out of our red zone. In the past he'd stay out on his left edge and not help the forwards however noticed yesterday he was always first or second one back carting it up for the forwards

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mr I trex is taking the piss and disgracing the Bulldogs jersey or a better way to maybe put it is not respecting it. He doesn't care about you me the club the fans or the jersey, all he cares about is his salary and this can be clearly seen with the attitude allround and especially in defence. Also in attack he hides out in the centres and always looks to pass first never run.
any other player and I'm 100% with u even perret ffs however can't defend or stand mr tony Williams in a Bulldogs jersey any longer.
I expected him to be rusty, he hasnt played for almost a year. He would also be most interested in not getting reinjured before the main season starts. So i wasnt expecting anything from trex in the trials. Not saying hes been worth the money to date, but he can go a lot better.

And about the "live" streaming. It was lagging so much it was a 1 hour delayed telecast lol. Live my ass

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's been rusty for 3 years dognacious
when do we get out the wd40 and spray him away

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Mr I you post some pretty crazy things sometimes. If you can't see why fans would jeer at Trex then I don't know what to say.

It might be a bit over the top, but the guy is taking up a shitload of our money and hasn't given us any value what so ever.

Having said that he can at least go out on a high note by putting in some actual effort this year. If he can't do it this year (considering he is playing for a contract) then God help him.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Looks like Klemmer just lost control and fell. Graham needs to permanently wear rib pads because he gets hit in that position every single game.
I saw the Klemmer incident the same way. The only possible thing they could get him for is a shoulder charge because he had his arms tucked in. If they charge him with attacking the legs then they've essentially banned tackling around the legs in general play as the player was not kicking nor was he leaving the ground to catch a kick, he also wasn't being held by any of our players so a cannon ball is not an issue.
In saying that Greenberg and Co will probably change the law over coffee on Tuesday morning and charge him at lunch time.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
It always looks bad when fans boo one of their own but FMD TRex deserves it. I think the true reflection of his contribution to the team was when media outlets were talking about us being at full strength towards the end of last year and nobody ever mentioned he was out for the season.

We just have to wait it out for one more season. If there is any talk of him being re-signed the fans will lose their minds

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mr I you post some pretty crazy things sometimes. If you can't see why fans would jeer at Trex then I don't know what to say.

It might be a bit over the top, but the guy is taking up a shitload of our money and hasn't given us any value what so ever.

Having said that he can at least go out on a high note by putting in some actual effort this year. If he can't do it this year (considering he is playing for a contract) then God help him.
That's a fair call, but write off his 2015 season. He started with an ankle injury, and it ended with a season ending pec. Even Frankie P took a while to get back into the groove after that injury.

2013 and 2014 he scored 4-5 tries each season, and probably set up quite a few as well. He was having issues with his back when he left Manly too (don't forget that), and is still on his initial contract with us. IF he underperforms this year and is injury free, and/or IF he gets re-signed, then the fans have grounds to complain.

Fans get frustrated because they see his 2011 highlights video and think "why can't we have that TRex", and whilst it's a fair question to ask, the game has changed a LOT since then. Namely shoulder charges and big hits are out, which is where TRex came into his own. Plus other teams started to mark up to him more.

I know it sounds like I'm making excuses, but honestly I don't think he's been as bad (in the seasons he has been fit), as people claim he has been.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Shoulder chargers and big hits? That was Pritchard not T Williams. Mabybe SB Williams.

He was known for running through and over for Manly for a year or 2. He has been a dud for us. No way to get around it.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reports saying klemmer looking at up to 4 weeks on the sideline with a charge
i knew it was a lil bad but I didn't think it was 4 week bad
why wasn't the storm players cited for all the cheap shots esp on lichaa

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
A flat style isnt bad if it is played with speed.

Sounds like our D is going good when the 'a' side is on. It took 30 minutes before Penirth cracked us and no FB and now this game conceeding zero.
You are correct about flat style is only good with speed. Hence why it doesn't suit us because we seem to do everything 2/3 steps slower than other teams.

BigDog85

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just saw the Klemmer footage, there's nothing in it. It will be hard to charge him as it's hard to make a case with the footage available. I can't see the club handing over any other footage we have either.
Hopefully they use the footage from the live stream - they won't be able to tell the pixel that is klemmer from the pixel that is the storm player

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are correct about flat style is only good with speed. Hence why it doesn't suit us because we seem to do everything 2/3 steps slower than other teams.
The try we scored down the shortside was done with speed and a flat attack so maybe we have good things to look forward to. I liked what i saw with our third try we had so many bodys in motion in that set move and it worked perfectly. Anyway our defence is what really needs fixing from last year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Shoulder chargers and big hits? That was Pritchard not T Williams. Mabybe SB Williams.

He was known for running through and over for Manly for a year or 2. He has been a dud for us. No way to get around it.
[video=youtube;M69UKv1VAoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M69UKv1VAoE[/video]

He was at his finest when he was on the wing or in the centres.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I Am overseas at present. My only questions are who was the ref and did he give us a fair go?

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Are there any highlights or footage of this game we can watch?

never mind - found on previous page haha

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Doggies took the trial match pretty seriously, twenty nil is great stuff, hope the boys are fit for game one.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry Marley i nearly fell off my chair..did someone hack your account hahaha
I know J Reynolds can be frustrating you find yourself whispering under your breath everytime he gets the ball "settle Josh settle" but i love his energy he brings to the team.
He was alot more controlled yesterday,he ran different lines which we dont normally see.
It was a good first run he will be better for it when Mbye comes back and takes control.
Grub is at his best when he is playing direct, especially down an edge off a quick play the ball. In 2012 that's when he excelled, especially with our big edge backrowers and then barba or keating in support. If he can replicate that kind of form and not try to manufacture plays out of nothing than that is all i want out of him. That and helping with our organisational play.

Whilst I'd love to see some improvement from the boys in attack, and i think with reynold and moses it will improve, i'd rather we focused more on becoming a great defensive team. That and our kicking game. Defence and being able to kick yourself out of trouble, that wins matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.