Dogs vs Storm trial to be live streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I don't think you get how that system works. Did you see similar issues with the other game streams? Nope. Telstra didn't supply the pc microphone and camera, the clubs did that's whey the souths game looked a lot crisper cause they used a better camera & video encoder, quite simple. Nor is a single camera and mic stream an event to roll out the techs & engineers. Bulldogs IT would have been given an address to upload the stream to. Sending equipment & personnel costs money, Every club has a mic, a PC and a video camera & tripod.

That constant stuttering through the stream was the PC that was doing the encoding struggling to keep up hence the many skipped frames. Any multi core pc from the last 4-5 years with a H264 capable GPU would not have run into that issue. Sure telstra/ookla should have been far more specific about the pc requirements to run that stream but I'm sure they didn't expect a rich club to dig around in the basement and dust off a beige box. The club claims to have the best facilities but that's what gets dished up to it's fans.

Kids in their mums basement are able to stream 1080p live gaming and commentary from a single gaming PC so how is it a professional football club cannot? How can a mobile phone (Ok shaky as hell) provide a better stream than the bulldogs stream.

maybe because we are a football club and not an i.t company and its a trial and its something the club didn't have to do but chose to for the people who weren't able or weren't bothered to go to the game, something they did for free.
You're obviously an I.T guru so why don't you offer your services next time? It may give you a chance to tell Raelene how to run the club too since you're an expert at everythg

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Klemmer on report for a cannon ball tackle
doesnt look good
was a retribution hot for one on lichaa a couple mins before

Actually Jackson was put on report but Klemmer did it!
They should be right though!
Elliot and Faulalo has to be in the 17!
Our defense was a big difference today,heaps better!
Lichaa and Reynolds attack was pretty impressive today.
I think Mbye will take over the kicking when he comes back.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Cheers for the reports from everyone who was there today :grinning:

I don't think Graham has concussion. He got hit in the ribs when he turned his back to a defender. Again. Could be a rib issue though as he was in extreme pain for quite some time on the ground.
Lichaa got cannonballed in a very dangerous tackle. The referee laughed at him and told him to get up and play the ball. He tried to run out the injury but he eventually succumbed. Looked like a syndesmosis injury but not overly bad.
A worry for Lichaa given his previous injury was a long term ankle injury as well.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don't think you get how that system works. Did you see similar issues with the other game streams? Nope. Telstra didn't supply the pc microphone and camera, the clubs did that's whey the souths game looked a lot crisper cause they used a better camera & video encoder, quite simple. Nor is a single camera and mic stream an event to roll out the techs & engineers. Bulldogs IT would have been given an address to upload the stream to. Sending equipment & personnel costs money, Every club has a mic, a PC and a video camera & tripod.

That constant stuttering through the stream was the PC that was doing the encoding struggling to keep up hence the many skipped frames. Any multi core pc from the last 4-5 years with a H264 capable GPU would not have run into that issue. Sure telstra/ookla should have been far more specific about the pc requirements to run that stream but I'm sure they didn't expect a rich club to dig around in the basement and dust off a beige box. The club claims to have the best facilities but that's what gets dished up to it's fans.

Kids in their mums basement are able to stream 1080p live gaming and commentary from a single gaming PC so how is it a professional football club cannot? How can a mobile phone (Ok shaky as hell) provide a better stream than the bulldogs stream.
lol. I have nothing else i can say about this load of nonsense.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Anyone know anything on Timmy Brownes injury?

Wondering who the last two bench spots will be Lane, Browne, Danny or Elliot??

Dogsboy

New Pup
Reaction score
Spoke to Lichaa and T-Rex after the game. Lichaa said it was just a precaution coming off and wasn't too worried. T-Rex hurt his ankle but said he should be right for round 1

Dogsboy

New Pup
Reaction score
He had some good runs and set up a couple of breaks before he went off, not bad

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How did T. rex play ?
Rubbish pissst
2 Melb storm breaks straight past his turnstile defence
has the turning circle of the titanic
he's pathetic, shit useless a waste of space
the entire grandstand was heckling him and when he came off we all cheered
it was 0-0 after 30 mins
sherex comes off we score two tries in 5 mins

elliot is a tank and fualolo has improved out of sight
they both shit all over that fcuk wit with no heart

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Rubbish pissst
it was 0-0 after 30 mins

I remember you bagging Elliot last season lol, what has changed your mind about him?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Rubbish pissst
it was 0-0 after 30 mins

Thanks for that mate.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Must have been at a different game....
I was at the game T-Rex ran across the field and flicked a pass, he also made one straight run, other than that he did not want to hit the ball up and stood as far away from any defensive work as possible. It was great to see young guys like Elliot have a go. On Graham while sorry to see him injured, once he went off the halves had to work. Graham played direct for England & The Allstars and looked great. He went back to his ball playing which was just predictable and this is why he was smashed. If we go down this path again it will be another long season. The halves need to aim up but need to be given the opportunity without Graham in 4 out of 6 plays. Too boring and just too predictable we need something new to go to the next level required to win a comp. abbey has a stack of potential also.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So how did Chisholm go? Did he kick well?

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So how did Chisholm go? Did he kick well?
He did not get too much game time, which I could not understand, same with Lane. He was Ok but did not do anything memorable. Reynolds looked good, but agree his kicking was a bit off. The team were solid but nothing great, best for me were Beast, Jacko, JMOZ.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He did not get too much game time, which I could not understand, same with Lane. He was Ok but did not do anything memorable. Reynolds looked good, but agree his kicking was a bit off. The team were solid but nothing great, best for me were Beast, Jacko, JMOZ.
Thanks for that brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.