Members and fans left in lurch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normally I am not one to complain but I'm sick of the Bulldogs not announcing anything at all to fans part from 2016 membership. It seems they are more interested in getting members then quality players to replace those who left. I know we have rising juniors but would be nice to grab a few others. IMO we need another winger in the Rona shape. I'd give Hopoate a crack at the right price. I think Brad abbey will surprise a few and crack first grade this year, maybe start him on the wing and push Perret to reggies.
Point of the post is that it was common knowledge to all Abbey signed a long time ago and still nothing from the club. Kaufusi retires and nothing from the club until awards night. Nothing about cook leaving. I'm sick of the club not mentioning anything, even if they are only bargain buys I'm sure the lot of you want to know. Other clubs seem pro active in that department. Anyway rant over. I'll always love the doggies just wish they would keep the fans and members in the loop of recruitment and retention. I also hope that they are active in the market quietly for a big name signing or quality up and comers. Thoughts?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I agree with you on many issues. Although abbey won't play this year lol

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agreed. I think the biggest mistake is I know quite a few fans feeling the same way and the only way to make them realize is hurting the club with memberships. I almost canceled mine for 2016 out of frustration though stuck loyal as I have throughout the years. I can safely say if it doesn't change soon I'm sure many won't, including me possibly.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Raelene said our roster is complete we are resigning people rather than recruiting.

So don't expect anything different next year

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
havent you checked Des thread?

majority is happy with the current coach and how the club is run.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Raelene said our roster is complete we are resigning people rather than recruiting.

So don't expect anything different next year
Awesome so that's a confirmation the club has settled for mediocrity

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We turned into a shit club in the last 5 years.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome so that's a confirmation the club has settled for mediocrity
We turned into a shit club in the last 5 years.
I have to agree with you Daniel89. IMO the two posts above sum up where we are at now.

Another thing that hasn't been released is our name change from Bulldogs to Mushrooms. (Just feed 'em shit and keep 'em in the dark)

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Normally I am not one to complain but I'm sick of the Bulldogs not announcing anything at all to fans part from 2016 membership. It seems they are more interested in getting members then quality players to replace those who left. I know we have rising juniors but would be nice to grab a few others. IMO we need another winger in the Rona shape. I'd give Hopoate a crack at the right price. I think Brad abbey will surprise a few and crack first grade this year, maybe start him on the wing and push Perret to reggies.
Point of the post is that it was common knowledge to all Abbey signed a long time ago and still nothing from the club. Kaufusi retires and nothing from the club until awards night. Nothing about cook leaving. I'm sick of the club not mentioning anything, even if they are only bargain buys I'm sure the lot of you want to know. Other clubs seem pro active in that department. Anyway rant over. I'll always love the doggies just wish they would keep the fans and members in the loop of recruitment and retention. I also hope that they are active in the market quietly for a big name signing or quality up and comers. Thoughts?

Welcome to the corporate bulldogs. It's all about image and membership numbers now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mate, Abbey is easily 2-3 years away, and that's assuming he doesn't become Patrick Templeman Mk2

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still love and support my club, but my wife and I have not renewed our membership for 2016, and don't intend to. 4 other families that we usually go to games with are not renewing either. The main reason, amongst others is that we have lost our playing DNA under Des Hasler. Apart from 2012, we play a really ugly and boring style of football. Recruitment and retention is a basket case also.

As much as I respect Raelene Castle, and her ability as an administrator , I don't think she is the right fit for our club. In some ways, I think her recruitment to the top job, was always about cleaning up our club's image and appeasing the media, and critics.

Giving Des Hasler free reigns to the footy department has not been a very bright idea. It is common knowledge that a few members of our board are getting a little uneasy about the situation, and nothing is really being done about it.

As much as it pains me to say it, Nick Politis is similar to Bullfrog, in the way that he hires, fires, makes things happen, does not tolerate mediocrity, and knows how to make a footy club successful. That's the type of character that the club has been lacking for some time.

mygdok

Waterboy
Reaction score
I am thinking that after the whole Andrew Fifita and Matautia fiascos, the Bulldogs won't announce any signings until every part of the contract is signed, and then registered with the NRL and rubber stamped

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Abbey is a real footballer and will play FG this year. I also agree with some posters, that we are accepting mediocrity as the norm.
The club really needs a good shake up or we are destined to be also-rans for a few seasons yet.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
I still love and support my club, but my wife and I have not renewed our membership for 2016, and don't intend to. 4 other families that we usually go to games with are not renewing either. The main reason, amongst others is that we have lost our playing DNA under Des Hasler. Apart from 2012, we play a really ugly and boring style of football. Recruitment and retention is a basket case also.

As much as I respect Raelene Castle, and her ability as an administrator , I don't think she is the right fit for our club. In some ways, I think her recruitment to the top job, was always about cleaning up our club's image and appeasing the media, and critics.

Giving Des Hasler free reigns to the footy department has not been a very bright idea. It is common knowledge that a few members of our board are getting a little uneasy about the situation, and nothing is really being done about it.

As much as it pains me to say it, Nick Politis is similar to Bullfrog, in the way that he hires, fires, makes things happen, does not tolerate mediocrity, and knows how to make a footy club successful. That's the type of character that the club has been lacking for some time.
Another family here not renewing and yes they are all about the $$$, we need a club legend to run the club not someone thats in it for $$$.
The morale is stuffed and i know a few supporters not renewing as well.

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i agree there are many emails about becoming a member but zero information from the club on player signing. the fans are taken for granted sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.