Are you looking forward to another Perrett/Lafai combo next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont know how im gonna sit through another season watching them again, just the thought of them playing together again on the right and knowing what we're gonna get makes me not excited about next year.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I have never seen a player go downhill in one season as much as Lafai has. From a potential rep player to an absolute passenger. I absolutely think he made Perrett look worse than he is too.

I like to hope it was just due to his injury so hopefully he is back to his best after a full off season.

As far as Perrett goes, I really don't think we have another option sadly. You could say Phillips or someone like that but I don't think it would be a big difference. If only we could clone Rona...

What we really need is a proper full back and Rona and Morris on the wings. Bmoz just does not understand how to play fullback (or our team doesn't know how to involve him).

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe DES Is just mad!! please explain the re-signing of 2 disappointing players and the dumping of our best player .

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Moz is fine at fullback.

But Lafai has been very disappointing this year.

I reckon though that a lot boils down to a complete lack of direction in the halves.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be happy to have Lafai back.

Not seen him since 2014.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id go abbey on right wing and ease him into fg next year plus he can kick goals

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I put most of it on Lafai. As others have said, Perrett hasn't been terrible. He's not going to run down RTS, strip the ball and score a solo try, but he's solid. 6 times every game he'll have to contend with 3 on 1 near the try line due to his inside men (especially Lafai) going missing. 4-5 of those times he'll stop the 3 players from scoring on top of him. I honestly think if you put any other winger alongside Lafai this season (with exception of BMoz) we would have leaked a lot more points.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Says it all really when players like Perrett (both really) and Lafai can even make our team!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pritchard has said enough in his interviews to suggest he was taking up cap space which could be used for up n comings.. I could be wrong
I don't think there's one supporter that thinks that Pritchard won't be a major loss. It's going to be a tough time replacing him, but at the same time I think it was more about holding on to forwards. Part of it is the money but Stanley wouldn't take up 10% of Pritchard's money. Plus if we told forwards like Lane and Perrett that we don't have a place for them then we'll lose them.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I'd be more excited about heating a knitting needle on a Bunsen burner and shoving it up my old fella

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dont know how im gonna sit through another season watching them again, just the thought of them playing together again on the right and knowing what we're gonna get makes me not excited about next year.
If Lafai can find his 2014 form would not be so bad. Hard for the outside man ( in this case Perrett) to play well if the inside bloke is constantly underperforming. Who knows what will happen next year?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am not looking forward to next year . Full stop.

BulldogFit

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hope chase Stanley is on the right wing . Much better in many facets . He is a pure winger

Status
Not open for further replies.