Adam Goodes saga - whats your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As the title says, what do you think of Adam Goodes?

Is he on the right to call booing by opposition fans as Racism???

I know there is a history of him being racially abused in the past and the booing started when he did that aboriginal war dance during the game.

Personally I dont think or feel fans boo Adam cos he is black or aboriginal or he did the war dance cos all these things are already happening in Australian sports not just AFL. We have elite aboriginal players in present and past from all sports who are very much liked by majority of the Australian public.

Why Goodes is getting all the attention from fellow player ,even from NRL over this issue when mundine cried Racism all his life and he was ridiculed.

The world has gone mad.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think there is a lot of idiocy and self righteousness on both sides.

It's ridiculous to say they booing is all racially motivated bit it is definitely helping to Harbour racists.

it's mob mentality. You do something because it's safety in numbers.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
It's not racism if it's only one person getting booed apparently there are 70 other aborigines that play afl and never get booed!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
where is my poll?

I guess it didnt go through.

Can the mod please attach in a poll please.

1- Yes , he is racially abused when he us booed
2- No, he is a show pony.
3- Meh.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He absolutely right to call out supporter for calling him monkey not on. I think his war dance towards supporter is equally we're people should be offended.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Boo him because he's a knob. If someone throws a pretend spear at me i'm gonna pretend die.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not racism if it's only one person getting booed apparently there are 70 other aborigines that play afl and never get booed!
yeah but he is the only one who got booed after the war dance and the only one who got racially abused by that 13 year old girl.

being the devils advocate here.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
idk I dont really follow AFL but I know there are 50 indigenous AFL players and they dont get booed.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
There's elements of racism.
There's elements of tall poppy syndrome.

The racists calling him 'ape', and telling him to 'go back to the zoo', are blind to how stupid they are.

The tall poppy haters can 'hate the way he plays', but are being self-righteous twats because they blatantly ignore the journey of racism he's being exposed to, and this enables the racists by giving them something to hide behind.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
yeah but he is the only one who got booed after the war dance and the only one who got racially abused by that 13 year old girl.

being the devils advocate here.
That 13 year old called him an ape to me an ape is a big hairy man not a small skinny aborigine

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i remember mundine always played the race card, still does to this day. Little does he know people dont like him because he is a bellend.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i remember mundine always played the race card, still does to this day. Little does he know people dont like him because he is a bellend.
exactly so why all that sympathy for goodes when mundine went through worst (as per himself)

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The race card just gets pulled to often these days to the point now where people are like meh!
They boo him coz his a dickhead, why is it white people can get abused about there skin colour yet the other way around its totally different! Racism is not on in my books, but this bloke is just a plain out wanker!!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Reminds me of African-Americans who think everything bad in their lives is because they are black.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember few years ago Lehman got into trouble cos he called a srilankan a 'black ****'

Lehman said "I am not sure what made him upset me calling him "black" or "****"?

Status
Not open for further replies.