Hasler needed to change gameplan

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Titans had a pretty obvious gameplan to put attacking kicks up towards the shorter Thompson and Dessie shouldve seen this and moved Stanley to the wing.

They dont get that try at halftime, the result probably goes our way.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Titans had a pretty obvious gameplan to put attacking kicks up towards the shorter Thompson and Dessie shouldve seen this and moved Stanley to the wing.

How can you change a game plan when we dont even have one?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perrett's forward pass pretty much echoed the game plan, what went on up the Gold Coast yesterday?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Don't forgey Mortimer at 9 and Mead at 1. Henry knew speed would trouble us and Des didn't react at all.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually like the subtle changes in our game plan in the last 3 or so weeks. I think people need to take a breath, collect their thoughts and realise we were depleted yesterday. Not only that, if a few of those finals passes stuck we may have even won the game..

so settle the f#ck down and wait till we get our troops back before you declare us failures... The amount of fair weather people on here is amazing .. id hate to be a friend in need of some of the people on here, they'd probably just turn their back on you...

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
6 players down. That's half our team. A win would have been a bonus.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The team had seven of its best out. A win would have been a miracle. That we were competitive is an indication that a full strength side will be a serious threat to the top sides.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have without doubt been playing more freely and more attacking footy since the Canberra game and it is more enjoyable to watch. The only thing that cost us this game is moments of stupidity from a couple of players.

In saying that, if Des chooses Thompson on the wing during origin 3 and he gets crucified like he did yesterday, it's a whole different level of coaching stupidity because this has happened more than once and you'd be a fool not to learn from your mistakes.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most times (if not all the times) DES 'shakes things up' we pull off a great game of football but this one just got away.. Kasiano was rooted from the quick start but normally he is a big game changer .

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have without doubt been playing more freely and more attacking footy since the Canberra game and it is more enjoyable to watch. The only thing that cost us this game is moments of stupidity from a couple of players.

In saying that, if Des chooses Thompson on the wing during origin 3 and he gets crucified like he did yesterday, it's a whole different level of coaching stupidity because this has happened more than once and you'd be a fool not to learn from your mistakes.
We have a bye before Origin 3 thankfully

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maxwell kept them in the game for 50 minutes by pulling mystery penalties out of his arse. Once they got in front that stopped, but damage was already done.

Like when we got a penalty against us whilst in possession and on the attack???

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maxwell kept them in the game for 50 minutes by pulling mystery penalties out of his arse. Once they got in front that stopped, but damage was already done.

Like when we got a penalty against us whilst in possession and on the attack???
I would love to compile a spreadsheet showing penalties prior to half time or at anytime we're at least 2 tries in front. It just seems to me, the interpretation changes and the opposition are gifted momentum.

Recently, I've had a one-eyed eel mate of mine say to me he can now see where I'm coming from just on games this year.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I actually like the subtle changes in our game plan in the last 3 or so weeks. I think people need to take a breath, collect their thoughts and realise we were depleted yesterday. Not only that, if a few of those finals passes stuck we may have even won the game..

so settle the f#ck down and wait till we get our troops back before you declare us failures... The amount of fair weather people on here is amazing .. id hate to be a friend in need of some of the people on here, they'd probably just turn their back on you...
Why is it people only see that we had missing players, look at the players they had out. 4 of their best players.
Team we had was capable enough of beating the Titans yesterday. How hard is it to hold the ball and not throw 10 forward passes a game? If that's to tactical for NRL level players then we have major issues

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id rather see Kasiano style footy, than Tolman style footy... I love the EPL because theres plenty of goals and flair .. if I wanted to watch Tolman style soccer id watch the Italian league...im Italian and I cant even bare to watch it..

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we had a Terry lamb style player who sniffed around the rucks then Kasiano would look like a genius with his offloads.
Perrett doesn't know how to position himself in attack and doesn't sniff around for offloads. Makes Kas look bad. Barba ran off him beautifully in 2012.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we had a Terry lamb style player who sniffed around the rucks then Kasiano would look like a genius with his offloads.
Perrett doesn't know how to position himself in attack and doesn't sniff around for offloads. Makes Kas look bad. Barba ran off him beautifully in 2012.
Thank you very much !! someone on here has vision!!!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I've said this so many times before that Hasler NEVER changes a gameplan once the game has started. He doesn't know how to make adjustments. Been saying this since the 2012 GF.

Also what Moey said. So many times our forwards get their arms free to offload but no one is there to back them up.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Thank you.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol at comparing being pissed off because our team lost to dogging your mates when they need you.

Status
Not open for further replies.