Canterbury Bulldogs enter race for Daly Cherry-Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wear blue and white glasses like the rest of you but ffs there are some myopic people in this thread. Hodko and Reynolds are bog average halves. How they got picked for SOO is beyond me. DCE is better than both put together! In several Manly games last season, they won on his skill. I remember one game in particular where they scored a few tries, all from his brilliance. He's not the best hb in the comp but he's close. With our forwards and backline, he could turn us into a dynastic team.

I understand bias towards your club but this is beyond a joke. I've read many reasons why the club shouldn't sign DCE and they're all lame! He's not a nice bloke waahhhh. His manager sucks waahh waahhh. Hodko and Grub make our team good :/ seriously?!

I like Trent and Josh a lot but I like my team winning more! I know we made the GF with them and the other year with Keating instead of Trent, but that was (obviously) mainly due to our pack.

Des clearly realises he can't get much more out of what we have, hence he has to sign someone, and if the club can afford him, I'm all for signing DCE.
Im with u edroy 100%. But hey ur not allowed to have an opinion on here different to other dicks otherwise captain dick will start calling you names for not having the same opinion!!!
dce's contract will be half on salary cap and other portion on 3rd party deals so trust management to fix that up
id still prefer foz over him though hahahahha

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Edroy said: "I wear blue and white glasses like the rest of you but ffs there are some myopic people in this thread. Hodko and Reynolds are bog average halves. How they got picked for SOO is beyond me. DCE is better than both put together".

And yes I agree with his summing up of Hodko and Reynolds. Hodko has done a few good things but Reynolds "watch me I can do it", cross field running that just kills off the need for centres and wingers gets me into homocidal mode. If, and its a real big if, we got DCE I'm sure it would be easy to find a five eighth to go with him. And no... its not T-Rex!

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edroy said: "I wear blue and white glasses like the rest of you but ffs there are some myopic people in this thread. Hodko and Reynolds are bog average halves. How they got picked for SOO is beyond me. DCE is better than both put together".

And yes I agree with his summing up of Hodko and Reynolds. Hodko has done a few good things but Reynolds "watch me I can do it", cross field running that just kills off the need for centres and wingers gets me into homocidal mode. If, and its a real big if, we got DCE I'm sure it would be easy to find a five eighth to go with him. And no... its not T-Rex!
HOMOcidal mode LOL!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People keep saying that the halves run sideways. Well good halves do not run through the opposing forwards. The big problem we have is the lack of quality 3/4s for them to link up with.
Things are looking better now. I think Rona will be a gun centre in time.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cherry isnt needed at $1million + a year

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
my opinion on DCE is hell no hes not wanted and not needed, hes not a team player and his manager is always looking to upgrade his current deal and doesnt care how it comes about

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am in the " we need Foran or DCE" camp to win a premiership. To me the last 2 GF losses we have had are both direct results of the halves not taking control of the game. I watched a replay of 2004 GF the other day and it reminded me how good Sherwin and Anasta were in that game. Like now we had the best pack around but at the moment and in 2012 the halves are wasting the space that is being created by that pack.
I guess we have more speed in the backline this year and things might change but I don't think Hodko especially is that sort of half. I think he is more a half that turns inside more than lets the backs get much use of the ball.
I would love DCE and reynolds play together. Look out!

Reaction score
the window is closing, we've enjoyed 2 or 3 years of it, but if we don't take a premiership away it will be all for nothing.

i don't care who we sign, i just want to win a premiership before we go back to a rebuilding phase

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People keep saying that the halves run sideways. Well good halves do not run through the opposing forwards. The big problem we have is the lack of quality 3/4s for them to link up with.
Things are looking better now. I think Rona will be a gun centre in time.
You have got to be joking? Apart from the halves discussion, if you think Lafai and Morris aren't quality centres you have got rocks in your head

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You have got to be joking? Apart from the halves discussion, if you think Lafai and Morris aren't quality centres you have got rocks in your head
I don't think he knows how football works lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lafai had the most assists for a centre in the game, he was also our highest try scorer....imagine him and jackson playing outside a real playmaker....would be one of the most lethal edges in the comp.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lafai had the most assists for a centre in the game, he was also our highest try scorer....imagine him and jackson playing outside a real playmaker....would be one of the most lethal edges in the comp.
I think we'd be winning games by cricket scores if that were the case. Lafai has demolished teams entirely on his own and when Morris had an in-form Barba feeding him in 2012 he was a try scoring machine, including the try of the season that year against the Storm.

Lafai is one of the best centres in the game and he proved it last year, i doubt Jennings or any other top notch centre would've done much more if they were in our team. He was starved of quality ball, everything he did was individual skill

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Loko can be better than both lafai and morris and thats saying sumfn from my view as lafai and jammer are my 2 fav dogs players.
Rona will also trial in the centre position i have been informed.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
HOMOcidal mode LOL!
Well goodness gracious me... Was it a typing error or was it something el;se I had on my mind?

Either way Reynolds antics still gets mr in homicidal mode. :heh:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds is the ultimate soldier crab. His sideways running is second to none!!!

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Loko can be better than both lafai and morris and thats saying sumfn from my view as lafai and jammer are my 2 fav dogs players.
Rona will also trial in the centre position i have been informed.
I'm not buying into any 'he could be' crap. Facts are facts and the facts are he hasn't played any footy for a long time and almost pissed away his chance. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

Remember Karl Filiga

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How many Premierships have we won with our current halves pairing? 0. What is our biggest weakness? Creativity. Anyone that thinks our current halves pairing is good enough to win us a comp has serious problems.
So the clubs throwing massive amounts of money at 'old boys' don't have a clue?

Our halves were good enough to win SOO after an 8 year drought against was is arguably the best team put together in the modern football and you think that if they are fully fit they can't deliver a premiership?

Interesting assessment

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am in the " we need Foran or DCE" camp to win a premiership. To me the last 2 GF losses we have had are both direct results of the halves not taking control of the game. I watched a replay of 2004 GF the other day and it reminded me how good Sherwin and Anasta were in that game. Like now we had the best pack around but at the moment and in 2012 the halves are wasting the space that is being created by that pack.
I guess we have more speed in the backline this year and things might change but I don't think Hodko especially is that sort of half. I think he is more a half that turns inside more than lets the backs get much use of the ball.
I would love DCE and reynolds play together. Look out!
You would have notice both our 1/2's were playing on one leg during last years big one, or did you not notice?? irrespective of who our 1/2's were on that day we were only going to hang in there for so long + the fact we started our finals campaign from 7 or 8, I can't remember tbh.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So the clubs throwing massive amounts of money at 'old boys' don't have a clue?

Our halves were good enough to win SOO after an 8 year drought against was is arguably the best team put together in the modern football and you think that if they are fully fit they can't deliver a premiership?

Interesting assessment
Our halves did not win SOO, Hayne was massive this series and without him they lose. I have no doubts that another halves pairing would have got the job done with Hayne out the back.I couldn't give a toss about SOO though, it is a completely different style of game to what we see in the NRL. Mitch Piss was rubbish at Origin but he is far more effective at club level than our halves and he is a PREMIERSHIP winning half unlike ours.

The facts are that we struggle to create points and that comes down to the halves. They stand out far to wide, they leave our backs with no room. I believe Trent could possibly help win us a comp, but i can't see it happening with the unstable influence of Reynolds as his partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.