Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Call the hospital mate, and give your kids a giant hug from us all

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for all the positive feedback including personal messages.
I feel very embarrassed as this was not the intention of my post.

To be honest, the idea came from my 11 year old boys. It's something that they really want to do for Xmas!

All I ask is to be honest if you are requesting the jersey!!!

If there are no takers, I'll be calling Westmead Children's hospital on Wednesday.
I second that, however, should a personal message arrive that pulls at the heart strings, we'll all acknowledge that Grubber, you have made a very special gesture.

Will you keep us posted?

~cb.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi all Doggies supporters

I was lucky enough to win 1st prize in a Xmas Raffle today, being a signed framed 2014 dogs Jersey!

Though it was tough to make this decision, I'm prepared to give my prize away for free, only to someone in need, doing it tough, etc.
I'm sure this will make a great Xmas Present!

Please let me know if you fall in this category.

I'll decide on the recipient by 5pm Wednesday (Xmas Eve)

Note:- pick up only from the Bankstown area.
My sincere advice is sell it or put on ebay. Get the most you can for it & donate the cash to charity. That way you know the cash is going to those who need it most.

Good Luck

Grubber

Waterboy
Reaction score
I second that, however, should a personal message arrive that pulls at the heart strings, we'll all acknowledge that Grubber, you have made a very special gesture.

Will you keep us posted?

~cb.

No problems

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for all the positive feedback including personal messages.
I feel very embarrassed as this was not the intention of my post.

To be honest, the idea came from my 11 year old boys. It's something that they really want to do for Xmas!

All I ask is to be honest if you are requesting the jersey!!!

If there are no takers, I'll be calling Westmead Children's hospital on Wednesday.
Nah call them definitely mate, I am sure they can find a Bulldogs fan in there that will take it off your hands. Sounds like an awesome idea, can't say I'd do the same, but it's an awesome thing to do.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My sincere advice is sell it or put on ebay. Get the most you can for it & donate the cash to charity. That way you know the cash is going to those who need it most.

Good Luck
Yeah... some of it sure, and the rest will line the pockets of some ahole in admin.

A young kid enjoys these sorts of things far beyond their monetary value.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would accept if you cannot find someone who has suffered more from being a Bulldog tragic year after year, all the best anyway.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another example how DOGS FANS ****ing ROCK

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well this exemplifies the spirit of the season!!!!

#proudtobeabulldog indeed

I'm wondering whether the journalists who frequent our forum might find a story in this?!

Also, is a nomination possible? Gareth might be an option, he was looking to have his cousin's jersey signed for the cousin's son.....

Feel blessed that our club has such giving supporters !!!

~cb.
I know Gareth and I don't see eye to eye but that is a great idea for his cousins son.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Gareth and I don't see eye to eye but that is a great idea for his cousins son.
I have no such quarrels with Gareth hahaha, But if we know it is getting into the hands of a young dogs fan I think it sounds fantastic.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Swearer with the heart of gold. Nice thought brother and to the op if you're kids are making that suggestion sounds like old pappa bear is doing a top job hope you win the lotto for your random act of kindness

Grubber

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm giving the gift to a 11 year old doggie supporter from Westmead Hospital today.

I'm meeting him soon & I'll post a photo with a big grin on his face (if his parents are ok with that)

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm giving the gift to a 11 year old doggie supporter from Westmead Hospital today.

I'm meeting him soon & I'll post a photo with a big grin on his face (if his parents are ok with that)
Fantastic news. and what a great story. Well done!

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all

Fantastic job mate. This is great too hear

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Props to ya .people like yourself are the reason no matter how much of a business our club becomes ,you cant take the family out of it .

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi all

Just brilliant..with all the bad stuff that's happening in the world recently..a selfless act like this shines even brighter..
Bravo sir and have a great Christmas and a superb new year..

Ps actually that last part goes out to all Kennelers.. Enjoy Christmas and I hope all you guys have a fantastic new year topped off with a Doggie's premiership!!!!!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to you pal :grinning: This is a selfless act which our Lord will return to you in favour 10 fold.
Well, i've been wondering if the Lord is indeed a Bulldogs supporter :grinning:

But seriously, well done for looking to make someone else's Christmas all the merrier!

Status
Not open for further replies.