Free Christmas Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grubber

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hi all Doggies supporters

I was lucky enough to win 1st prize in a Xmas Raffle today, being a signed framed 2014 dogs Jersey!

Though it was tough to make this decision, I'm prepared to give my prize away for free, only to someone in need, doing it tough, etc.
I'm sure this will make a great Xmas Present!

Please let me know if you fall in this category.

I'll decide on the recipient by 5pm Wednesday (Xmas Eve)

Note:- pick up only from the Bankstown area.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was lucky enough to win 1st prize in a Xmas Raffle today, being a signed framed 2014 dogs Jersey!

Though it was tough to make this decision, I'm prepared to give my prize away for free, only to someone in need, doing it tough, etc.

Sweet baby jeebus I would love me some of that hahahaha still many more deserving than me on here hahaha

Nice pick up anyway you lucky bugger.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to you pal :grinning: This is a selfless act which our Lord will return to you in favour 10 fold. Your generosity will make someone very happy this Christmas. May you and your's have a festive holiday and make it a safe one. God Bless!!!

N

Natboy

Very nice of you mate. Would make a great auction prize for a charity

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm about to get a serious injury, on the eve of Christmas. You just have to let me know how severe it needs to be !

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man i would absolutely love that jersey. But as others have stated, theres definitely someone else thats more deserving of such a great gift.

Also like natboy said, auction with proceeds to charity would be nice.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good on you mate..a great gesture! I hope it goes to someone who really deserves and appreciates it.. Great stuff!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I would get in touch with a charity of some sort and donate it to them to auction off. It's a nice gesture.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonderful gesture Grubber.

I would get in touch with a charity of some sort and donate it to them to auction off. It's a nice gesture.
Perhaps one of those charities set up/nominated in honour of the Martin Place victims.

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
Mate can not believe you are giving that away your a better man than me!
Maybe you could contact the club and see if there is a sick kid who is a doggies fan they know of and they could put you in contact with them, it would make their Christmas for sure.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with Auctioning such a thing off is that it does often it just ends up with a guy with money as opposed to someone who could really enjoy it. I will recommend, just for the sake of throwing my hat in the ring, that such an item is best gifted to a young kid who supports the Bulldogs. They can get more enjoyment out of such an object than whoever bought it at the auction could. And although a charity will be out a bit of money. It isn't like this jersey is going to fetch thousands of dollars. Similar Items often can go from anything from $400 to maybe a bit over a grand depending on how good the frame is and what demand for the item is like, seeing as this is such a recent side and we didn't win the GF I can't imagine it would fetch something too ridiculous.

Not that the charity can't use the money but in the big scheme of things that jersey could bring more joy to a young child than the money the charity could make from it ever could. On top of that I tend to have a certain distaste for charities, who I believe tie up too much of their money in admin, but that is neither here nor there.

Do as you wish with the jersey, but that is just what I tend to think :grinning:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm about to get a serious injury, on the eve of Christmas. You just have to let me know how severe it needs to be !
climbing down a chimney dressed as Santa head first should do it :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good on ya mate. Merry Xmas to u

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nice one, Grubber!

And nice one, Kennel. Pretty cool that everyone is like "Damn that's nice but I bet it could find a better home than me".

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well this exemplifies the spirit of the season!!!!

#proudtobeabulldog indeed

I'm wondering whether the journalists who frequent our forum might find a story in this?!

Also, is a nomination possible? Gareth might be an option, he was looking to have his cousin's jersey signed for the cousin's son.....

Feel blessed that our club has such giving supporters !!!

~cb.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Louis CK said it perfectly and I am paraphrasing, You don't look in someone elses bowl to see if they have more than you, you look into someone elses bowl to make sure they have enough.

Well done Mate, I applaud the attitude, I'd stick my hand up but there are probably others on here with less in their bowl than I.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

You're a top bloke!

I hope it finds a deserving home.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I am loving this, I am reading through the messages on this thread, and I see some posts from people who I know are doing it rough, be it financially, emotionally or physically, myself included, and not one is prepared to stick their hand up for this, stating there is a more deserving home than them. It's the human spirit in action

Grubber

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thank you all for all the positive feedback including personal messages.
I feel very embarrassed as this was not the intention of my post.

To be honest, the idea came from my 11 year old boys. It's something that they really want to do for Xmas!

All I ask is to be honest if you are requesting the jersey!!!

If there are no takers, I'll be calling Westmead Children's hospital on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.