Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is that shit for real? That's not even in the spirit of the game or any sport yet the NRL let them use it????

Can we use this aswell or will it be banned if we try... That is just plain cheating
I fail to see how these things work, are they suppose to pulsate an energy current of some description lol, seems like a fancier version off those dud wrist performances bands that were removed from. Sales in 2010. If they work Des should just make the players were magnets or grab at them lol

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Revealed: Sports science secrets of the South Sydney Rabbitohs as they head into grand final

THIS is the top-secret sports science technology that has given the South Sydney Rabbitohs the power and strength edge to demolish their premiership rivals this season.

The blood-energising chips and ice fluid treatment had to be cleared by the NRL because its usage was banned by the NFL after the Baltimore Ravens won the 2013 Super Bowl.

Boxer Anthony Mundine introduced the controversial products to Souths coach Michael Maguire, whose players have been wearing the chips, hidden under wrist strapping, jerseys and socks since Round 8 — the same time they turned their season around.

According to sports medicine experts, the product can allow athletes to perform at a maximum level for longer. Hence, South Sydney’s strong finishes and high energy levels that have been so evident in the build-up to the grand final.

The Rabbitohs coach was reluctant to discuss the benefits from the technology that has been used in dressing-shed secrecy when contacted by The Daily Telegraph on Sunday night.

“I really don’t want to give away any of the info that has got us to this point,” Maguire said.

“We’re always looking at the cutting edge stuff that can help make better players.

“We want to hang onto our own stuff and I don’t want to give away too much.

“Choc’s high-performance team and our guys share information. They came to us.

“My guys (sports science) looked deeply into it before we started.

“This is just another of those one-percenters that every team looks for.

“Maybe I’ll talk about it more after the game.”

The wrist strapping can be clearly seen on all Souths players — except for Sam Burgess and Alex Johnston— who wear them in different areas including the chest and ankle.

The ice fluid is most often used, soaked onto a cloth, under the jersey. It helps keep the players’ body temperature stay lower over a longer period of time which prevents fatigue.

It is also sprayed on the players’ jerseys at half-time.

Maguire has distanced the Rabbitohs from any connection with controversial US sports supplements maker Mitch Ross, who was banned from the NFL.

Baltimore Ravens stars including Ray Lewis used the chips and ice treatment, that were developed in the US, before the team won the Super Bowl.

“This has nothing to do with him [Lewis],” Maguire said, “It’s all been ticked off by the NRL.

“The game is very thorough in checking these things.”

Souths began using the products after a sluggish start to the season that included loses to the Canberra Raiders, Wests Tigers, Manly and the Bulldogs in the first seven rounds. The turnaround was immediate and remarkable.

Even beaten Roosters coach Trent Robinson commented after Friday night’s loss: “They had too much energy for us.”

Sports science and supplements expert Shannon Brenton explained how the chips work.

“The same as Chinese medicine has identified the meridians that form electrical pathways throughout the body, our technology allows for the continual and unhindered flow of energy throughout these meridians, without the need for needles, heat or pressure.

“It’s a bit like mobilised acupuncture

“The result is an athlete that can play as hard in the 80th minute as they can in the first, hence what we have seen in the second-half stats from the Rabbitohs this year”

TOMORROW: THE DAILY TELEGRAPH TESTS THE PRODUCT

Originally published as Secret substance behind Souths’ season

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...into-grand-final/story-fniabob6-1227073247432

Two things of interest in this;

The NFL has banned it,
Souths season turns around as soon as they started using it..............sounds like performance enhancement to me!

Malla

Reaction score
So this would still be considered performance enhancing, thereby needs to be banned.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
The ice fluid is most often used, soaked onto a cloth, under the jersey. It helps keep the players’ body temperature stay lower over a longer period of time which prevents fatigue.
**** 'em.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Boys should put ice cubes in their undies , that will bring the temp down and keep em on their toes
Then bring out the big guns at half time ORANGES
That will **** em

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Boys should put ice cubes in their undies , that will bring the temp down and keep em on their toes
Then bring out the big guns at half time ORANGES
That will **** em
I once left a paddle pop in my pocket til it melted.... Felt good!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How haven't any government sporting agencies done anything about this let alone the NRL who allowed it?

These aren't drugs but they are helping with performance that isn't natural so yeah...

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
nfl ban it nrl welcomes it

hahaha

put dancarub on your nut sacks that does the trick

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a placebo to me. Remember the power bracelets the NSW Origin team wore one year? They got thumped. If this stuff really worked, someone would have received a Nobel Prize for it.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like a placebo to me. Remember the power bracelets the NSW Origin team wore one year? They got thumped. If this stuff really worked, someone would have received a Nobel Prize for it.
When a super professional game like the NFL ban it you know something is up with it though.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How haven't any government sporting agencies done anything about this let alone the NRL who allowed it?

These aren't drugs but they are helping with performance that isn't natural so yeah...
Souths r channel 9s golden child what do u expect?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Souths r channel 9s golden child what do u expect?
Well ASADA made a huge mess of things, maybe they can actually do some work and look into these things.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well ASADA made a huge mess of things, maybe they can actually do some work and look into these things.
I was going to drop an ASADA thing too, maybe if they look at it now they will decide by 2017?

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The second they bring up traditional Chinese medicine you know that it is bs. 99.9% of that shit doesn't work. And the 0.1% that does can be done better by modern techniques.

In saying that I know nothing of this particular tech so I can't speak on it particularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.