Is Josh Reynolds an Five-eighth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BoonReturns

Do you guys think he would be a good lock tho?
He would be horrid in the forwards because he struggles to tackle. He is very poor defensively.

Reynolds is not the issue, we are struggling to score points because our backs can't stay on the field. Too many injuries and a lack of class.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Disagree. The reason Josh was near the top on Dally M points was because he's a competitor and this is on the back of when the forwards set a platform, role forward and dominate. It definitely wasn't for his pinpoint kicking, crisp passing or getting his hands on the ball and running across the field. He is not a good 5/8, he's terrible. He does not display the attributes to be a 5/8 at this point in time.
A half thats not performing because his forwards aren't dominating yet when he is dominating its not much to do with him pleeeease ,yes you are right he's not a dcd type half with pinpoint kicks etc but who is ? Again your right hes a competitor type of half as is kieran foran and how good is he ? Reynolds is still developing and i believe hell prove you wrong this year and beyond

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
With a pre season under his belt. Fullback for me, But only if foran is a chance of coming. On a side note thou josh aka george is our best attacking player im not sure if its the coaching style or not but no one in the backline has that ability to break the line. Problem is we are to side to side and thats joshies play.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds is too inconsistent. Too many errors in his game and his defence is very questionable...too much arm grabbing. He and Hokko need to lead our team around the park. Our attack was so disjointed on Friday night. Whose job is it to lead the team and organise them? Seriously, i wouldn't sign Hokko long term. I'd throw the money at Dale Cherry Evans when he comes off contract next year and then buy an up and coming fullback. We need a creative halfback.....and Hokko is not the spark we need.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are losing it. The man is a great five eight. Listen to experts rave about him this year, he plays for NSW as a five eight. He and hokko as a combo won origin. He plays off the cuff and has an error, but is spark in attack, he can continue to work on his defence. But after one game back you guys want to shift him to the bench for a man who looks great, but has played less than five first grade games. Calm.
ive been saying it for a while now, and i dont reckon he is a good half.

pearce played 7 or so years as a nsw half back.. the dude is still rubbish.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
ive been saying it for a while now, and i dont reckon he is a good half.

pearce played 7 or so years as a nsw half back.. the dude is still rubbish.
i am so happy that there are other people out there that also think Reynolds is a crap half :grinning:

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am so happy that there are other people out there that also think Reynolds is a crap half :grinning:
he could be. he needs to take control and just be even tempered. His kicking game is rubbish but that is something you can learn. His passing game is kinda average as well..

If he is as hard working as he says he is, then these things will fall into place. Its up to the coaching staff to burn that into his mind.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys, this might sound dumb and very much could be a dumb comment,
But I sometimes feel his better position is hooker,
I think his enthusiasm at hooker and aggression on the back of our forwards (dominating) could really get us on the front foot in attack,
My biggest concern would be his defence?

I know this won't happen, given we have Lichaa coming next season allegedly.

But if Mbye could get some experience on the back of a good offseason,

How would you guys feel about the possibility of say
1: Hoff/Beale ( please sign one of them) heaven forbid Perret for another season
6: Mbye
7: Hodkinson
9: Lichaa ( has this been confirmed?)

Josh Reynolds utility? Perhaps?

Do you guys think of this?

Perhaps I have opened to many cans of worms with this post,

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
he could be. he needs to take control and just be even tempered. His kicking game is rubbish but that is something you can learn. His passing game is kinda average as well..

If he is as hard working as he says he is, then these things will fall into place. Its up to the coaching staff to burn that into his mind.
He is to benji like for me. Once the media started talking him up his game fell apart. When he plays direct and takes the ball to line he is a great player, problem is he runs sideways so much. He lacks the composure to be the player we need and he will never have that.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is to benji like for me. Once the media started talking him up his game fell apart. When he plays direct and takes the ball to line he is a great player, problem is he runs sideways so much. He lacks the composure to be the player we need and he will never have that.
He is all heart and I love him but
He lacks class and creativity. Unfortunately unless we have a gun creative fb we are a playmaker short.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, this might sound dumb and very much could be a dumb comment,
But I sometimes feel his better position is hooker,
I think his enthusiasm at hooker and aggression on the back of our forwards (dominating) could really get us on the front foot in attack,
My biggest concern would be his defence?

I know this won't happen, given we have Lichaa coming next season allegedly.

But if Mbye could get some experience on the back of a good offseason,

How would you guys feel about the possibility of say
1: Hoff/Beale ( please sign one of them) heaven forbid Perret for another season
6: Mbye
7: Hodkinson
9: Lichaa ( has this been confirmed?)

Josh Reynolds utility? Perhaps?

Do you guys think of this?

Perhaps I have opened to many cans of worms with this post,
spot on , I also think like you. but Reynolds is more of a utility tho

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
The fact that Lichaa is coming means Reynolds to hooker isn't going to happen.
The fact is a few weeks ago this thread would never have existed. Reynolds has had one game back and it wasn't great. He is not alone though. I think Hodko needs to stand up more also. Why the **** is Ennis taking on any kicking duties at all? Why do Graham and Kasiano do all the ball playing? Why are we directionless in attack?
Everyone from 1-17 need to pull their fingers out

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The fact is a few weeks ago this thread would never have existed. Reynolds has had one game back and it wasn't great. He is not alone though. I think Hodko needs to stand up more also. Why the **** is Ennis taking on any kicking duties at all? Why do Graham and Kasiano do all the ball playing? Why are we directionless in attack?
Here here,

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We need Mbye somewhere in our team, what about...

6. Reynolds
7. Mbye

13. Hodkinson

Dont give me that Origin halback bullshit, if Pearce of shit could handle his coke, Hokko would be nowhere near Origin.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I really think Trent is one tired mofo.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
We need Mbye somewhere in our team, what about...

6. Reynolds
7. Mbye

13. Hodkinson

Dont give me that Origin halback bullshit, if Pearce of shit could handle his coke, Hokko would be nowhere near Origin.
I'd play Mbye at fullback for the rest of the year and then decide where he plays next year when Stewart comes

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We need Mbye somewhere in our team, what about..

6. Reynolds
7. Mbye

13. Hodkinson

If there was no state of origin we would ve been sitting comfortably on no.1 position and wouldnt been talking about this :-)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Are we saying Brett Stewart is coming to the dogs?
Have I missed something?
I have no idea, I'm just playing along because we desperately need a fb.

Status
Not open for further replies.