Is Josh Reynolds an Five-eighth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
That's what I've heard. It just a matter of how much manly want to let him go. They have Hiku signed up so there's a good chance he'll be allowed

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the feeling Hasler wants to groom Mbye as a centre because it does not make sense why Stanley didnt play centre and Mitch Brown on the wing against the Panthers.

Unless Brown suffered a injury

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The fact that Lichaa is coming means Reynolds to hooker isn't going to happen.
The fact is a few weeks ago this thread would never have existed. Reynolds has had one game back and it wasn't great. He is not alone though. I think Hodko needs to stand up more also. Why the **** is Ennis taking on any kicking duties at all? Why do Graham and Kasiano do all the ball playing? Why are we directionless in attack?
Everyone from 1-17 need to pull their fingers out
Tbh i have never liked Reynolds in the halves as he has no self control, average ball skills, poor kicking game and runs sideways way to much. To me that is not good enough for a player in such a key position. I can't wait till Mbye gets his chance next season when Josh is out suspended and shows everyone what a real half looks like.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Reynolds dummy half runs a very handy, but his passing game from dummy half does not cut it for an NRL hooker IMO.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need Mbye somewhere in our team, what about...

6. Reynolds
7. Mbye

13. Hodkinson

Dont give me that Origin halback bullshit, if Pearce of shit could handle his coke, Hokko would be nowhere near Origin.
nah Mbye > Reynolds sorry

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you want Reynolds dropped?
No , I would have Reynolds on bench as utility. but I want him somewhere in the team doesn't matter where! not 5/8 since he doesn't offer much.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely you're joking here.

The NSW 5/8th is not getting dropped to NSW Cup.

Josh Reynolds has two very good years in NSW Cup (2010 + 2011) developing as a player. He does not need anymore.

You can't just throw in Mbye, if he was dead average in NSW Cup this year, how is he going to survive in first grade in such an important position. Reynolds just needs a few weeks to gel with the players around him again.
But i think that's the point. A lot of posters in here are saying despite the shitty game he had against the penny panthers, they never really rated him as a half.

Personally, I think he has a lot to learn and will probably get better with time but the overwhelming thing for me, is his personality. I don't think you can fix that. Keep in mind he is 24/25, so there really isn't much runway in terms of improvement, you would think.

Dropping him is a bit much.. Turn him into a utility IMO.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all my time coming on this forum I have seen some retarded threads, but this is the benchmark.

For starters, it should be 'a 5/8', which probably just shows the level of intellect this thread idea originated from.

3 games for NSW beating the best QLD team ever assembled and yet the 'experts' declare Josh Reynolds isn't good enough to play 5/8 for us.

So where was this thread at the start of the year when we won 7 in a row? Where was it when we lost to the Roosters, Parra, Tigers and Cowboys? Now all of a sudden after 1 ordinary game it's all Reynolds's fault and he isn't good enough to play for us.

Talk about armchair expert, fair-weather fans. You expect in this day and age of enforced salary cap to have rep players 1-17. Just shows how little you really know about footy.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all my time coming on this forum I have seen some retarded threads, but this is the benchmark.

For starters, it should be 'a 5/8', which probably just shows the level of intellect this thread idea originated from.

3 games for NSW beating the best QLD team ever assembled and yet the 'experts' declare Josh Reynolds isn't good enough to play 5/8 for us.

So where was this thread at the start of the year when we won 7 in a row? Where was it when we lost to the Roosters, Parra, Tigers and Cowboys? Now all of a sudden after 1 ordinary game it's all Reynolds's fault and he isn't good enough to play for us.

Talk about armchair expert, fair-weather fans. You expect in this day and age of enforced salary cap to have rep players 1-17. Just shows how little you really know about footy.
THIS!

You guys are kidding, he has been great at 5/8 he was our 5/8 when we made final in 2012 as well. Give this team a few weeks with players playing in the same position and we will be killing it again. Reynolds included.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to say it Marley, but I'm on-board with this as well. The next time I see Reynolds shoot up out of the line and miss a tackle or have someone run right by him, that will do it for me. Just stay in the line and make an effective tackle mate! Re the suspension thing...you just know it's going to happen. Zero discipline.
What about the next time he shoots up out of the line and makes a big game changing, crunching tackle as we've seen him do? Will that do it for you too?

We can't have it both ways, he plays his footy off instinct and passion. Yes, this gets him in trouble at times, but it also got him the SoO gig. It is his mongrel and determination that we love about him. He doesn't have the silky skills of a Thurston or the kicking game of Cronk, but he has passion in bucket loads and bleeds blue and white.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kratos...you can't really have read too many of the threads on here to state that this is the benchmark for retarded threads haha. There have been WAY worse mate. Look, it's an opinion and everyone gets to have one that's why it's called a 'forum' btw. See how intellectual that was?
Josh Reynolds has been poor lately. Undisciplined, suspended (should have been suspended twice), bad errors in defence. If he doesn't improve, like everyone in the team, his spot may be at risk. I want him to put the phucking shoulder charge away - it's banned and it gives away penalties and gets people suspended. I want him to put away the phucking lifting tackles - they are banned, give away penalties and get people suspended. I want him to stop racing out of the line and missing tackles. They contribute to points scored against you and games lost. Are those three things too much to ask?
Well the shoulder charge has only been banned for 2 years and its very hard to immediately stop something you have been instinctively doing all your career as any player will tell you. I want him to play well too, but the way this thread is going on about it just about points the finger at Reynolds for all our loses. He hasn't even been playing for most of them!

I stand by my post, to essentially blame 1 player for our current form and question his selection for a position he has played in for 3 years and been picked in for representative football is retarded.

Des has won premierships and taken us to a GF already, I reckon he knows more about it than the posters on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.