Is Josh Reynolds an Five-eighth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly rated Roberts higher, and that to me would have appeared unthinkable, as I didn't rate Roberts much.

Brothers boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds is and always will be a hooker in the modern game, he would have been a gun five eight twenty years ago

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like josh but I believe mbye will be a better 5/8 in a couple if years.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Love his heart but heart isn't enough.

I'd like to see Mbye have a run in 5/8th.

The Detailer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He should be in the 9 and Mybe should be our 6, no flair Mybe needs to have 6 on his back.

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Please say something nice otherwise Dogalicius will close the thread. he's been very busy the last 48 hrs.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
as much as i like Reynolds, he has so many weak points in his game for such a key position.

Ricky Stuart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mybe is a lot smarter, just look at last nights game when Panthers kicked it dead and Mybe picked it up and kicked for touch and we got the ball 40 out

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
is an out & out hooker.......people on here have been watching Ennis for so long they have forgotten how a real hooker plays

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
is an out & out hooker.......people on here have been watching Ennis for so long they have forgotten how a real hooker plays
then how come Des don't put Reynolds hooker then find a legit 5/8 becos reynolds doesn't have a kicking game. but I love how he plays his heart out

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fûck, we'd leak some points up the middle with Reynolds rushing out of the line and missing 4 tackles a match.
TBH, I don't think Reynolds has a position. he's not your traditional footballer. He doesn't excel in any of the games skills.
But he plays with a passion that's infectious and will put it all on the line for his team. For that reason alone, you find a spot in the team for him.

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reynolds would appear to be best suited to a utility spot off the bench... he does not have the passing and kicking games to be a starting five eighth IMO... he is not a starting hooker either as i do not believe his defence is up to it

but in spurts coming off the bench when the forwards are a bit tired, i think he could excel... a bit like Wing or Gidley used to do for NSW off the bench

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Josh is a good 5/8 funny how we lose and every one forgets how good he's been for us ,wasn't near the top of dally m points for nothing ,in the next few weeks hell make a lot of you eat humble pie

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Fûck, we'd leak some points up the middle with Reynolds rushing out of the line and missing 4 tackles a match.
TBH, I don't think Reynolds has a position. he's not your traditional footballer. He doesn't excel in any of the games skills.
But he plays with a passion that's infectious and will put it all on the line for his team. For that reason alone, you find a spot in the team for him.
i tend to agree. he would be perfect coming off the bench to sub ennis at the 25-30 minute mark when the opposition are tired. sir des may as well use that utility role to effect, instead of 5-8 mins i.e halatau and maitua.

1. thompson
2. stanley/brown
3. morris
4. lafai.
5. perrett

6. mbye

9. ennis

14. reynolds

dunno, just thinking out loud i suppose.

BAD INFLUENCE

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Josh is a good 5/8 funny how we lose and every one forgets how good he's been for us ,wasn't near the top of dally m points for nothing ,in the next few weeks hell make a lot of you eat humble pie
Disagree. The reason Josh was near the top on Dally M points was because he's a competitor and this is on the back of when the forwards set a platform, role forward and dominate. It definitely wasn't for his pinpoint kicking, crisp passing or getting his hands on the ball and running across the field. He is not a good 5/8, he's terrible. He does not display the attributes to be a 5/8 at this point in time.

jamescairns2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You guys are losing it. The man is a great five eight. Listen to experts rave about him this year, he plays for NSW as a five eight. He and hokko as a combo won origin. He plays off the cuff and has an error, but is spark in attack, he can continue to work on his defence. But after one game back you guys want to shift him to the bench for a man who looks great, but has played less than five first grade games. Calm.

Status
Not open for further replies.