fifita 850k
graham 700k
williams 650k
pritchard 550k
klemmer 330k
inu 225k
moses 200k

don't know what the rest is on

Thats 3.5mil for 7 players out of 25, salary cap is 5.5mil, u can see why people keep mentioning it
You don't know how much of their wage is 3rd party agreements, that's not included in the cap

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman, T-reject and Ennis will probably be chopped.

Kas and Klemmer on bench.

When Kas goes back on the market I'm pretty sure we'll lose him.

Still need a fullback and a half.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great news, Hopefully lichaa/morris are announced soon but an fb even sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This bloke is from the UK and is not homesick. I'm so happy he is staying.

What is wrong with the boneheads that come from Queensland? Its only a couple hour flight.
I'm with you on this one stoofy. How can these bone heads be homesick when everyone who's anyone in the NRL knows that Queensland is in N.S.W :p

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
if there are 3rd party sponsors then it defeats the purpose of a salary cap!
Read below from NRL site, especially the "Unlimited" section.

What players can earn outside the salary cap:

$600,000 - Marquee Player Allowance - any or all of the Top 25 players at each club can share in payments made by club sponsors seeking to use a player's intellectual property. These may be guaranteed in the playing contract by clubs.
$100,000 - Motor Vehicle Allowance – a maximum amount of five motor vehicles may be provided to players in the Top 25 outside of the salary cap. (Valued at $20,000 each).

Unlimited - Players can earn unlimited amounts from corporate sponsors who are not associated with the club and who do not use the game's intellectual property (no club logos, jerseys or emblems) provided these are pre-approved. These agreements may not be negotiated by the club as an incentive for a player to sign a contract, nor can they be guaranteed by the club.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Signing James Graham is one helluva boost.

The two major problems we have in the forwards are Sam Kasiano's and Greg Eastwood's lack of fitness due to injury.

But on the upside we will have:

James Graham
Aiden TolMan
Andrew Fifita
David Klemmer
Michael Ennis
Michael Lichaa
Frank Pritchard
Dale Finucane
Lachlan Burr
Pat O'Hanlon
Reni Maitua
Josh Jackson (Hmm?)
Tony Williams (The Enigma)

So as we can put together a genuine premiership contender pack from this crew what needs to be done is sort out our backline problems insofar as half back and fullback

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unlimited - Players can earn unlimited amounts from corporate sponsors who are not associated with the club and who do not use the game's intellectual property (no club logos, jerseys or emblems) provided these are pre-approved. These agreements may not be negotiated by the club as an incentive for a player to sign a contract, nor can they be guaranteed by the club.
It's this part here how every club rorts the salary cap.

I find it hard to believe clubs don't find these corporate sponsors for the players.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's this part here how every club rorts the salary cap.

I find it hard to believe clubs don't find these corporate sponsors for the players.
Especially guys like uncle Nick at the roosters, with his connections, he could pull off secret corporate sponsors no problem at all.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks Bakes that's something I wasn't aware of.
I can see now why community work is so important .

Dimitri

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why aren't the bulldogs publicising all the new signings like they use to. Instead now we hear it from the media ?
I received a members email last night, only just saw it now though. I think members always receive it first.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Thanks Bakes that's something I wasn't aware of.
I can see now why community work is so important .
No worries. The problem is not many people out there know or understand this. That is why you have all theses idiots running around saying "Bulldogs are over the cap". Even journalist idiots like Paul Kent don't understand it.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As great as Eastwood has been in the past for us, he is constantly injured. Same with Kasiano.

I wouldn't mind either moving on. I can see Kasiano staying for his relationship with players but too be honest I'd much rather Tolman, Graham, Fifita, and Klemmer in first grade with him in NSW cup. I can also see us letting Llyod Perrett going with the depth we already have.

If it meant we could score a fullback, if Morris did decide to leave for Dragons, I wouldn't be that dissapointed. We have Lafai, Stanley and Inu who can cover centre and with the forward pack we have you really only need a better spine than what we currently have.

I can see us keeping Michael Ennis but would also be happy for him to go. If we did decide to let the 4 players go we still have a formidable if not better side.

1. Templeton
2. Brown
3. Lafai
4. Inu
5. Perrett
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Williams
13. Finucane

14. Fifita
15. Klemmer
16. O'Hanlon/Jackson
17. Mybe

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Now listen. Considering the horror of 2002 the club would have to be crazy to not have the cap under control. The auditors will come knocking at some stage and if we breach again it would be enough to turn me off the game and the dogs for good.

AndrewRyan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is awesome news! I wish the threads like this didn't turn into speculation on who we're going to sack instead. Most important signing for the club.

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
The other point people are missing is effectively we have $800k extra from the rats contract + turner + tapau + whoever else we let go early to spend on the cap. Inu contract was only $80k a year because the warriors are picking up the rest, $100k of josh reynolds contract is paid by ANZ stadium, the cap goes up every year so Fafitas contract represents a smaller % of the cap each year. The nrl lets you front load contracts so Frank, bupa whoever else may have had big parts of there future contracts already paid! There are plenty of ways to make the numbers work without cutting anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.