Tony Williams better positioned as Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs demolition man

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Er... yeah. Since he has played Origin and for Australia he is just a bit past rookie status.

Last Friday's game against the Broncos showed that he has brought last year's form into 2014. Slow, unfocused and disconnected to what is happening around him.

IMO he would be better value if he stayed at home and watched the game on TV instead of wasting space in a Bulldog jersey.
Well said izzy thumbs up bro

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank Pritchard, in comparison, made T-Rex look like a reserve grader. Hopefully, if he doesn't improve' that's exactly where he will end up.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If Trex doesn't amp it up soon surely he has to be dropped. I seriously do not get why Des keeps persisting with him, especially starting.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone else been watching taumalolo from the cowboys completely destroy defences with his size and speed in late 2013 and round 1? Every time I watch him I think of what tony could've been...

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Is this a debate about Toby's defence? Everyone knows that's not his strength right? He's a former winger and is a notorious shirt grabber.

Tony's best strength is running hard at players 1/4th of his size. He otherwise gets pounded running into forwards.
every time he gets tackled he falls straight ot the ground

i dont think he is that good to be honest he def isent worth 650k we are paying him

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
T-Rex cops a lot of flack on this forum, and probably rightly so. It's obvious he isn't playing with the sustained aggression that would allow him to be as destructive as in the past.

However, I believe there are two other issues hindering his performance that are equally as important.

1. Des. Unless there's some abstract purpose for T-Rex within the game plan that I can't see, then surely it is plain as day that T-Rex is not an 80min player. t least try giving him few minutes for a few weeks.
2. Our halves. Hodko isn't great at finding or putting T-Rex into any gaps. Reynonlds is a great ball runner, but this can often be at the expense of smart ball work through the back-line. He seems to focus mostly on how he can use some footwork to find himself a gap, as opposed to setting up his outside backs.

I would love to see what others think could help see T-Rex firing again.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone else been watching taumalolo from the cowboys completely destroy defences with his size and speed in late 2013 and round 1? Every time I watch him I think of what tony could've been...
mate even that guy from parra who was in jail, whose like the size of ****ing lafai is punching holes in their defense.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our Halves had a really bad game on Friday... Trex wasn't bad... He actually had one of his better games for us. Our problem on Friday was our halves, Neither JR nor TH took any control or ownership.

Things like that used to be covered up due to the unpredictability of Barba, but with the little rat moving on, we need creations and inspirations from our halves.

I think Mbye, needs to be in the team...

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you know if Mbye might get a run TG?

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
mate even that guy from parra who was in jail, whose like the size of ****ing lafai is punching holes in their defense.
Are you talking about their number 12 from last night who was basically man of the match, cause he was just running with no fear and was killing it. That's what people here forget. Sure, our halves don't lay on the perfect balls for him to run onto. And maybe our game plan doesn't suit. But at the end of the day all it takes is some aggression and the desire to make a difference. With probably the most intimidating body frame in this competition, aggression really shouldn't be a problem.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Manu ma'u is on 55-70k and killing it whilst barney is on 550-600k and we applaud or defend his mediocrity. I know who i would prefer in my side.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It almost seems like des is doing the stubborn old man thing with she-rex and just refuses to accept it's just not working out with him. The way he is playing he offers no more to our team than any other back rower we have on a 1/4 of his salary.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manu ma'u is on 55-70k and killing it whilst barney is on 550-600k and we applaud or defend his mediocrity. I know who i would prefer in my side.
If only he runs like James gavet. Who ever watched the tigers game yesterday will understand what I'm talking about.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trex stats 70m gained, 5 missed tackles and 9 hit ups.
Tauomolo 207 m gained, 1 missed tackle and 7 tackle bustsss
Hmmm if barney had a good game then tauomolo is a immortal.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you watch the game live, as I'm sure most did on Friday night, Trex in attack stands where a centre would. Now if he did this off his own back wouldn't Des rip him off the field?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Trex showed improvement last match, he is not our biggest problem atm. We have failed to use him correctly, we need to set him up 1on1. 9 times out of 10 he knocks the first defender away.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you watch the game live, as I'm sure most did on Friday night, Trex in attack stands where a centre would. Now if he did this off his own back wouldn't Des rip him off the field?
Trex showed improvement last match, he is not our biggest problem atm. We have failed to use him correctly, we need to set him up 1on1. 9 times out of 10 he knocks the first defender away.

Agree with both of these... Our Halves need to start taking owner ship and bark orders... FFS i remember Joey used to yell at the chief and tell him how to run, where to run, and when to run.... The halves need to stand up.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent offers nothing more to the team than the ol' kennel favourite, keating. At least keating had speed and was good at backing up.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jarrod Mullen is off contract I say we make a play for him and give up on Hodkinson!

Status
Not open for further replies.