Tony Williams better positioned as Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs demolition man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TONY Williams is too old and has been around too long to be labelled a rookie, but there is a sense of freshness around his looming season at Canterbury all the same.

In an interview on Monday, Williams spoke about his disappointment in his performance last season, and the need to redeem himself after the Bulldogs poached him from Manly as one of the NRL’s most devastating ball-runners.
For sure, Williams problems last year weren’t all his own, as he struggled to fit into the different system Canterbury play to former team Manly.

“He copped a lot but I actually thought that he did some really good things,” Bulldogs skipper Michael Ennis said.

“On the weekend he wanted to start off well and he did.

“He showed some real good quality touches.”

So in a sense, Williams is starting afresh.

Canterbury’s recruitment is so advanced that this season’s entire junior roster was tied up more than 12 months ago, and the roster is rich in talent.

When Sam Perrett left Sydney midway through 2012 the Roosters were content to let him switch, but were less happy about losing Perrett’s younger brother Lloyd, who is expected to play a significant role this season.

Backrower Lachlan Burr is another the Dogs expect to hear plenty from this season.

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/to...an/story-e6freuy9-1226823948547#ixzz2t2eaHnrE

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think Lloyd Perrett will be better than David Klemmer.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think burr should be the 3rd forward picked each week only just behind frankie an graham.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
blah blah blah is all i hear. Same shit throughout all of last year.

He'd better come good and start earning his half a mil a year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think Lloyd Perrett will be better than David Klemmer.
He will be good, but klemmer will be better. He is the complete package has it all. Best of all he grew up a doggies supporter. we are set in the forwards for years to come, if only we recruited backs like we did with forwards

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Burr will be a superstar as well.

Tim Browne looked like one, but injuries really crippled his career early on.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Nothing but talk at the moment. Williams is going to have a pretty good season to redeem himself after the crap he dished out last year.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burr will be a superstar as well.

Tim Browne looked like one, but injuries really crippled his career early on.
Agree also Tim Browne had injury free and look good when he got game time.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Redeem away.. Repent and say 3 hail marys while you're at it

FullyHektic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Actions speak louder than words. And I haven't seen much action out of the She Rex.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actions speak louder than words. And I haven't seen much action out of the She Rex.
According to fans that watched TRex at the trial game he looks very fit and faster so heres to hoping it continues for a good season

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
He will be good, but klemmer will be better. He is the complete package has it all. Best of all he grew up a doggies supporter. we are set in the forwards for years to come, if only we recruited backs like we did with forwards
But it all starts in the forwards. After that you just need to dominate half, above average fullback and you should be set.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Looked fit and ran the ball very hard last week.

I think he is in for a massive 2014. I have a feeling.
I had that feeling last year lol. In the intrest of positivity I hope he repays the faith I showed in him for half the season last year.

FullyHektic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Playing against a NSW cup side and playing in the NRL are two different things. Fingers crossed the big log man's up

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It really took until the end of the season, against Penrith, for Tony to actually take control and unleash the real T-Rex. If Des can make him watch his demolition of five defenders to put us back into the game - maybe it can re-inspire that attitude. Otherwise T-Rex goes extinct.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He was ordinary all of last year other than the odd flash in the pan performance which any reserve grader is capable of.

Not too sure what to expect from Toby this year.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great article that takes the pressure off him to perform................................NOT! I along with many others I'm sure, got sick of defending him last year, and even started thinking that he may have added to Barba acting like a fwitt, due to differences in paypackets and performances. This is do or die for him this year as Hasler, and from what rumours I've heard, the board won't tolerate last year's playing form.

Status
Not open for further replies.