Tony Williams better positioned as Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs demolition man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at this aggression: where has this been ..

[video=youtube;M69UKv1VAoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M69UKv1VAoE[/video]
He needs an on field commander. Ask any Manly fan what role Foran played in Tony's game and you will hear it all.

N

Natboy

I am just sitting here shaking my head after watching that
Ok so no shoulder charge would affect his defence but he should adapt and what about that attack?
Des should sit him down with toothpics holding his eyes open and making watch it repeatedly!! Ok so maybe no toothpicks but he should see it

G

Grub

He was pathetic in the nines, nothing has changed.
he should look at blokes like thaiday, half his size but runs as hard a train.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope he doesn't play the 2014 season like he has a vagina, like he did in 2013

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this might sound crazy to some but has anyone thought that he just doesn't suit our style of play

we play a very flat kind of football and I've seen it with our other forwards that they get the ball flat footed at times and not running onto the ball

From what I just seen from that video he was at his best running onto the ball and stading inside the centre
Just my opinion though

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I know this might sound crazy to some but has anyone thought that he just doesn't suit our style of play

we play a very flat kind of football and I've seen it with our other forwards that they get the ball flat footed at times and not running onto the ball

From what I just seen from that video he was at his best running onto the ball and stading inside the centre
Just my opinion though
Fair call to make but at the same time Williams has been around for a fair bit and shown his versatility so one would think he could somewhat adapt to his surroundings. I really hope what we saw from him in the 9s doesn't translate into the regular season and that he can actually find some form.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He's got a MASSIVE fend (just ask Chris Sandow), but needs to hold onto the ball when he uses it.

jo7resh - true about our flat play, but that's due to a certain hooker. Get a livewire hooker in our side, and watch the complete team dynamic change.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watching that video makes me think Des didn't forsee the shouldercharge ban coming!!!
Barney the one trick wonder.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was pathetic in the nines, nothing has changed.
he should look at blokes like thaiday, half his size but runs as hard a train.
Yeah as much as I want to say "give him a chance" he looked almost identical to 2013, apart from growing a beard.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is effing frustrating to watch. I hope he improves from the 9's to the 13 man game. As I've said before, he doesn't know how to get involved. Some one needs to hold his hand and direct him. How you can get to this level and not know how to get involved is beyond me. Give him 2 jobs 1. First hit up off kick offs and 2. First hit up off tap kicks. He's got no excuse not to be deep running onto the ball. One more - Take him to the line 10m out and give him a short pass. Doesn't matter if its telegraphed, his size should get him across the line if he is fairdinkum running onto it. If he can't do that by round 3, piss him off.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
One more - Take him to the line 10m out and give him a short pass. Doesn't matter if its telegraphed, his size should get him across the line if he is fairdinkum running onto it. If he can't do that by round 3, piss him off.
True, once he gives the impression that he is able to do that, he could be one of our best decoys as he would attract 2-3 defenders.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
True, once he gives the impression that he is able to do that, he could be one of our best decoys as he would attract 2-3 defenders.
Exactly, at least we will have some options and put the defence in two minds. Even go back to the old days and get him running in pairs with someone, say, Kasiano, what will the defence do then. I tell you what, shit themselves.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Its true he needs someone to hold his hand and tell him what to do.... he did have many issues last season though. My uncle whos a manly supporter told me foran would have to direct him every where, said forans fav line was "fuking run it ****" aha.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully Des is threatening to drop him if he doesn't put in.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Had enough of paper talk

T Rex is the salary cap burgler

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He went missing in the 1st 20 mins. Not one touch of the ball or hit up. It takes him 3 years to play the ball and his softness in defence for a guy his size is honestly embarrasing

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He went missing in the 1st 20 mins. Not one touch of the ball or hit up. It takes him 3 years to play the ball and his softness in defence for a guy his size is honestly embarrasing
Ask anyone he's tackling if it's soft or not

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ask anyone he's tackling if it's soft or not
Where u drunk or stoned whilst watching the game tegga, or r u taking the piss now honestly. Show me a one on one tackle of williams on fri nyt and il apologise to u for 24hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.