Best pho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

Just wondering what pho restaurants you guys rate around the place?
I went to 5-6 great places in Vietnam, I used to love An at Bankstown but after the last two times was a bit gross with too much ginger or something I've been loving Miss Saigon at Hurstville & the spicy beef at Naught Chef in Surry Hills
What are your favourite places? I might go for a drive to cabra this week & I've never had pho there amazingly
Cheers
Nat

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That Hurstville one isn't too bad Miss Saigon.

Try Pho Ann at Bankstown everyone knows that restaurant their, quite a popular place.

Cabramatta, never had Pho there only been either Bankstown or mum's.

I'd recommend you trying the crispy chicken with dry egg noodle dish it's my favourite and bloody taste awesome. It's up at the end of John Street. Near the lane that goes to the car park. It's their specialty.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a few in Cabra that are really good! I've got a local one that's awesome as well called Pho 76. At Green valley plaza. Another 15 mins away from Cabra. Word of warning though, if you're driving in, parking will be a nightmare in Cabramatta. It does my head in. Fair dinkum, it is that bad! Lol

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah parking is always a bitch in Cabra.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Btw, I went to Vietnam in 2010 and I loved it! Especially the pho. Got some friends living there doing English tutoring. Ben Tahn markets was pretty cool

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hehe did you ever met Bill from Ben Thanh?? The really old dude that self taught and learnt to talk English from watching movies?

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol..no, never met him! Sounds like I missed out on some entertainment there.

N

Natboy

Thanks guys.

Is green valley plaza the one with golden king chinese on green valley road.
I was never allergic to msg but they put so much in my satay beef I stopped breathing & had adrenaline in my heart to revive me! Now I'm allergic to any big amount of msg & that's why I love Vietnamese food now. So fresh & much healthier. I also love the people, culture & country

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, it's off Wilson. The shopping centre there with Maccas and the servo at the front. Golden king I've only been once and I hated that place. Vietnamese cuisine is soooo much better!! Planning to take the missus there to Vietnam. Europe trip can wait. Lol

N

Natboy

Ohh ok. I've got a mate near there so I'll grab him & give it a try
What pho do you recommend in cabra? Pho Pasteur seems most popular
Are you viet? You'll love vietnam. It's busy but people are friendly & the food is amazing.
Halong bay is beautiful but don't skimp when booking a boat because the cheaper ones are horrible haha

edit: sorry mate re-read your earlier post after writing this reply & saw you've been to Vietnam

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am Viet Lol probably the only Viet person that loves the Bulldogs so much

N

Natboy

Haha yeah mate I knew you were. I thought you would reply to this thread but can't believe you're viet & haven't had pho in cabra. That's un-Vietnamese hahaha :grinning:

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohh ok. I've got a mate near there so I'll grab him & give it a try
What pho do you recommend in cabra? Pho Pasteur seems most popular
Are you viet? You'll love vietnam. It's busy but people are friendly & the food is amazing.
Halong bay is beautiful but don't skimp when booking a boat because the cheaper ones are horrible haha

edit: sorry mate re-read your earlier post after writing this reply & saw you've been to Vietnam
I haven't been to Pasteur but Pho tau bay is good as well. Nah, I'm not Viet, I just love their culture and food! My background is Mauritian and we have a lot of Asian influence in our cuisines. Chilli is the main staple. I can't eat without it. Lol

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like pho now!
Lol..if you can't be bothered to get it, the next best thing is Mi Goreng noodles. Haha. With a poached egg! Breakfast of champions. Same as pho.

N

Natboy

Haha there is instant pho noodles you can buy too. They aren't bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.