Fullback Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was great in that game, unfortunately he was a defensive liability in every other game. Often out of position and looked exhausted.

Morris is a great player but he's not a fullback.
True that. Also morris will not stay at the dogs if he is at fullback. That will ruin his representative chances such as state of origin.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listen, Morris has the makings of a great full back. He could turn out to be GI.

But the fact of the matter is, he thinks, whether rightly or wrongly, that his rep career will be jeopardised if he were to play full back. He also seems to enjoy centre.

I believe he will walk if he is forced to play full back. That is, not re-sign.

Dakar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok so if I'm to believe that 1 of the new signings will happen before the world cup well that means that by next Friday we'll have our answer and then Our source can finally reveal who it is :grinning: LOL

Unless of course there's some breakdown in contractual negotiations then we'll have to just wait longer:~|
Who said anything will happen before the world cup?

Dakar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There is a chance that may or maynot happen...thats my information

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I tend to disagree with a few people here that Morris would make a good fullback. Looked really out of place most of the time he was there. Also you are losing a world class centre by playing him out of position. It has also been posted plenty of times that he does not want to play there. Hoffman is going to leave egg on a few faces here next year if we do sign him. Very solid, great returner of the ball, can finish, puts his body on the line in defence, and gives 100 percent every game. He wont let us down. Imagine he wont cost the likes of Hoppa, Hayne etc., so we can use the left over money to strengthen the squad in other areas.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Daker its nearly 5pm, im quite sure i read somewhere in all this that you would have an update at 5:00pm

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Daker its nearly 5pm, im quite sure i read somewhere in all this that you would have an update at 5:00pm
I believe he said that he would update at 5:00pm if anything changes.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Hoffman would be nice. But it makes us slightly better than 2013, and still worse than 2012 imo.

Dakar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I believe he said that he would update at 5:00pm if anything changes.
Nothing had changed.....the only new informstion I have is that pritchard and kas have also played a role in getting hoff to the dogs...honestly its looking good. The dogs need to pull the fingers out of there ass and negotiate the sum

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing had changed.....the only new informstion I have is that pritchard and kas have also played a role in getting hoff to the dogs...honestly its looking good. The dogs need to pull the fingers out of there ass and negotiate the sum
I love those two blokes seriously.

GO THE ****ING DOGS.

GO THE ****ING KIWIS. Smash that ***** slater!!!

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoffman would be nice. But it makes us slightly better than 2013, and still worse than 2012 imo.
Agreed. Add fergo for his playing ability ONLY and we would be as good as 2012.
I hope we get fergo. Just hope the baggage he has accumulated stays in Canberra. The way Dugan s seems to have.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hoffman is definitely a better fullback then Morris. I actually believe behind our pack Hoffman will excel wait and see him go at the World Cup. Great player.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed. Add fergo for his playing ability ONLY and we would be as good as 2012.
I hope we get fergo. Just hope the baggage he has accumulated stays in Canberra. The way Dugan s seems to have.
We just got rid of our own fergo after he destroyed our whole season and you want a repeat of that?

Dakar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Add me just opened up a new twitter account wikileague @wiki_league

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dakar trying to establish himself as a journo.

Status
Not open for further replies.