Not open for further replies.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gold coast have ruled him out at least till zillman retires , no way the cows can afford him and hopefully the broncs sign Cameron smith ( I dont think he will leave Melbourne ) Barba wont be able to play for a club in Queensland

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whats with the QLDers?

Why is it so important to go home after succeeding in Sydney? If QLD is so important why come in the first place?

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is answering by # tag what do want bio of every time he dropped the kids off the pool.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I think its more important we all focus on Friday's game. This has been the talk of our season since February, and its getting to the point now where I am over it..whatever happens, happens. Ben may or may not be at the club next season, but the Bulldogs club will be and for many more decades to come, thanks to those like Greenberg who have left it in a strong position to continue to grow, who we mark our respect for him on Friday..as its his last home game with us. This should be our main focus, and not something, which like Ben himself states won't be sorted till the off season.

Relax and enjoy Friday people:grinning:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My opinion is the dogs have said if we get falou you can go if we dont you cant hence all parties not committing too strongly one way or another ,where theres smoke theres generally fire

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dear barber if your blood is not blue and white by now then get the hell out of the mighty blue and white and go else where ,we don't want you .We made you who u are today and that is how you repay us get lost .

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a Barba fan BUT after all the dramas his having this year, his starting to change my opinion .. I say let him go now, I don't want any player playing for the blue and white unless they want too .. looks like all season Barbas troubles has caused issues for our great club ... like the old saying ' no player is bigger than the club " ... all I'm hearing is he wants to finish his career in QLD, he wants a contract upgrade, his ex is moving to QLD ... to me it just seems like a ploy to get out of his contract and get more money ... for that I don't blame him as sport is a business now and the club would terminate anyone if they aren't performing and also on the open market he could double his value and these days contracts aren't water tight ... I say please go Ben, I thank you from the bottom of my heart the years you have given us BUT now it's time to part ways as the form you have showed this season, to me is someone who doesn't want to be here and is not 100% committed to the blue and white and it is affecting our side ... I'm sorry to sound bitter but I hate reading articles about him and all the negativity, I just want to read about footy and how our club is performing ... so to sum up please make up your mind now and not end of the season, if you choose to stay, clean up your act but if you go I wish you good luck and hope which ever club you go to, you show them the same form you showed us last year champ ... but honestly maybe the club should make the decision for him as we all know he wants to go ...!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You guys do realise it could have been me, a secretary, a chimp who can type, oreven the article journalist as "Ben Barba" on that online blog thing?

Nothing he has stated has not been stated already in previous reports or with a bit of research.

Until Ben fronts the media or radio and actually says something, take it with a grain of salt.

Media are well known for making up stories.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
team barba now stepping it up to phase 2 escalation i think

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You guys do realise it could have been me, a secretary, a chimp who can type, oreven the article journalist as "Ben Barba" on that online blog thing?

Nothing he has stated has not been stated already in previous reports or with a bit of research.

Until Ben fronts the media or radio and actually says something, take it with a grain of salt.

Media are well known for making up stories.
did he hack into the barba twitter as well to promote this blog?

quite an elaborate operation they have got going on there tbh

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
media have been well known to report stories as well

i think even if the broncos sign him, invisible will wait until he sees him playing to believe it but even then after an hour of visual inspection to make sure its him

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob
@RobDoggies
Straight out Benny, ur a champion! But are you still PROUDTOBEABULLDOG? #askbarba

Barba says: At the moment I still am and I am focused on playing good footy with the dogs before anything else

-----------------------

really Benny, really, "At the moment", a simple, "of course i am" would of been preferred answer, have fun at Broncos next year, everyone can be replaced

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Rob
@RobDoggies
Straight out Benny, ur a champion! But are you still PROUDTOBEABULLDOG? #askbarba

Barba says: At the moment I still am and I am focused on playing good footy with the dogs before anything else

-----------------------

really Benny, really, "At the moment", a simple, "of course i am" would of been preferred answer, have fun at Broncos next year, everyone can be replaced
Pretty pathetic response from Ben. After this response the guy can seriously get stuffed and go where ever he wants. After what the club has done to support him and this is the rubbish that he comes out with? No player is bigger than the club.

Cya benny don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Jigga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Triple M Brisbane have just reported Ben has told his team mates he will be a the Broncos next year...... WTF is going on I am so over this crap!!

B

Bonnieclyde

Ok first things first he can go I want him gone, since I saw him getting his ebc cool kids tattoo I thought what a GRONK, and was actually embarrassed I ever supported him never supported him since, sure I'd cheer on a line break or a try but that's for the bulldogs not for him. Just mark my words wach him go from superstar to superdud, no not cos I'm sour simply coz hell be coached by Anthony griffin, he will be much worse than his current form. So Benny say bye to belmore and ur stardom would actually prefer if u left effective immediate so we don't read anymore Ben barba threads so please take ur massive ego and and shuv it up ur out of form ass dumb ****

B

Bonnieclyde

Give it a rest mate dunno y u want this dumb **** in the team if anything sack the ego-Inflated prick before the season over let him hang with his ebay drunk crew

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Triple M Brisbane have just reported Ben has told his team mates he will be a the Broncos next year...... WTF is going on I am so over this crap!!
Yeah there is an article in the courier mail reporting that he has told his team mates, then next page saying they are ready to sign K hunt.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Whats with the QLDers?

Why is it so important to go home after succeeding in Sydney? If QLD is so important why come in the first place?
From my understanding when they done an interview with his mum & dad I think it was, that brisbane overlooked him for being to small (funny from a club that had alfie) so for me its quite annoying that we give him a go only to be grabbed after all the work and effort is done... by the club not prepared to give him a run in the first place....does he hold no pride, that's footy these days though.

The other thing is that in 2011 it has to be said that he was borderline crap, I knew he was good just like when I saw Lockys first game (you can just tell with the good ones) but his game was worked on to be who he is now. Remember he couldn't catch or tackle and we fixed that for him making him the more complete package he is today (well 2012).

I am so troubled by this issue, firstly I never want a player around the club that doesn't want to be there but this point of view stems back when loyalty was still number one in the game and most players could never see themselves playing for another club. Now players are just whores! Secondly I want him gone because I am sooo sick of the rumours, but once again why should any other club win from this. Thirdly as mentioned by most on here, he has a contract for two more years so, "is it up to him OR US if he leaves? Sure if we make him stay he will go in two years but I still think a contract is a contract and it should be honoured! And this should be enforced in the NRL and I am sick of this basic life lesson being watered down by these people.

I don't know what sort of cash he is on and for once I would like to know so I can form an opinion as to whether or not he should have a contract upgrade or this whole thing is a manager being a greedy dick issue, I mean if we are paying him say 300k or less than yeah ok give him another 100k if that satisfies him and keeps him at the club. Then offer him more money when the current contract he has already agreed and signed too is up for the next one.

My train of thought regarding the qld teams. Gold coast have said not interested (once again goodluck believing any nrl club), Brisbane apparently are chasing Cam Smith and the figure being floated around is 1.5mil per year (wow) so how could they afford Barba who would be around the 500k atleast mark??? And for Nth qld, well they are just as far away as sydney so if his missus is moving to bris-vegas than what is he achieving other than a money increase and proving it has nothing to do with his family???

So much to say, IMO we can't just let him because all we are doing is leaving ourselves short in the player department and he is too good to let go. UNLESS we sign Folau that is or someone of the same calibre, so we need to cover our bases first before letting him go and whoever gets him should pay through the arse for him even if its just satisfaction for me. Tough stance as I also know what it is like to live away from your kids and the lows involved with this but unless my assumptions are incorrect his family breakdown was massively helped due to his party life style and most likely cheating on his missus, so who would stay and this situation is SELF inflicted.... I have very little pity for this scenario and people who bring it on themselves (it happened to me).

I just wish this issue was taken care of and perhaps its time for all the card to be placed on the table. The Bulldogs should come out officially and say "Sorry, unless we can replace him he WILL be with us for the next two years as per his contract so all clubs go fuk off and don't bother". Rumours ended......................

Status
Not open for further replies.