Tony Williams Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were going thru the predicted Aussie test team on Sunday footy show and they had him on the bench???

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100m 26 tackles and a try assist against rabbitohs, but yeah he's playing real crap, and klemmer has as much if not more of the blame for that george burgess try as he went high and slipped off taking williams with him basically

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100m 26 tackles and a try assist against rabbitohs, but yeah he's playing real crap, and klemmer has as much if not more of the blame for that george burgess try as he went high and slipped off taking williams with him basically
He was noticeably better against the Rabbitohs. I also noticed that before Pritchard came on, he was also playing on his preferred left side.

However it was his error in the game in the first half that got Souths back into it. Before that, we'd been on top and looking dominate.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was noticeably better against the Rabbitohs. I also noticed that before Pritchard came on, he was also playing on his preferred left side.

However it was his error in the game in the first half that got Souths back into it. Before that, we'd been on top and looking dominate.
not really his error, we were one man down defensively, klemmer went high and missed the tackle and williams came again and almost stopped him short, also williams stopped inglis from grabbing a try when he made that break

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I have seen constant improvement in Rex , will be hard to drop him , but I dont want to drop J.J either - plus I dont like Frank coming off the bench so it will be interesting to see what Des does .
Manly have been super impressive , we need Trex to step up

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If it's not Tony Williams it's Kris keating please give the Guy's a break!!! Out for 4 weeks Pritchard, out for 4 weeks + Kasiano, out for 4 weeks Barba, out for 4 weeks (so far +), Graham, unexpected retirement Turner................... = replacements.......
All relatively inexperienced NRL players, Taupau, Klemmer, Finucane, Jackson, Low, Brown...we lost to a full strength Melbourne by a few points, we lost to a full strength Bunnies by 5 points after losing our captain and Hooker before half time, these are no excuses just facts!!!
It's OK to lose maybe 1 or 2 forwards and not get effected but, to not have the forwards we have had on the sidelines and to be replaced with fantastic inexperienced young players like we have is great for the future however nothing suffices for experienced but I feel comfortable in the months ahead and at the business end of the season if we need to rely on the young blokes we have being blooded at the moment.
I am not worried one bit.... "IN DES I TRUST"!!!

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If it's not Tony Williams it's Kris keating please give the Guy's a break!!! Out for 4 weeks Pritchard, out for 4 weeks + Kasiano, out for 4 weeks Barba, out for 4 weeks (so far +), Graham, unexpected retirement Turner................... = replacements.......
All relatively inexperienced NRL players, Taupau, Klemmer, Finucane, Jackson, Low, Brown...we lost to a full strength Melbourne by a few points, we lost to a full strength Bunnies by 5 points after losing our captain and Hooker before half time, these are no excuses just facts!!!
It's OK to lose maybe 1 or 2 forwards and not get effected but, to not have the forwards we have had on the sidelines and to be replaced with fantastic inexperienced young players like we have is great for the future however nothing suffices for experienced but I feel comfortable in the months ahead and at the business end of the season if we need to rely on the young blokes we have being blooded at the moment.
I am not worried one bit.... "IN DES I TRUST"!!!
Agree with most, Fans on this forum are only pointing out weaknesses of what they see. Even with a full squad a win isnt guaranteed. Boys have been doing us Proud no doubt. Evaluating an individuals performance from what they see game to game doesnt mean we dont believe in Des or the players.

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its been a month... how long do we need for she- rex to pick up form? he is an established first grader on a huge amount of money. NOW is the time we need him most to step up while our other forwards are out injured.. I feel like his laziness across the field is giving a negative feeling across our other players.. He should be leaving but he is lagging.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
its been a month... how long do we need for she- rex to pick up form? he is an established first grader on a huge amount of money. NOW is the time we need him most to step up while our other forwards are out injured.. I feel like his laziness across the field is giving a negative feeling across our other players.. He should be leaving but he is lagging.
He seems to much of a nice guy. He needs to get some anger into him!

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even cherry Evans makes a sly remark about trex saying it will be scary IF trex can pull out a big game against manly
Even they know he doesn't produce as often as he should

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
The Manly fans are laughing at us because they think we hate the bloke .

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just looking into Tony's spear tackle last year and funny that they were saying he'd just about be the first player picked for NSW. Fast forward around a year and he has no hope at this stage.

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dont worry. We will keep him. T-rex is like a big Gremlin, Des is waiting to feed him at the right time.

FullyHektic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im not sure what game you fellows watched today, But listening to the Refs, They called tony to get onside at least 15 times today, He is that unfit that he cannot retreat 10 bloody metres, Des needs to be dragged into Todds office on tuesday and explain why this Lazy Hack was signed to this club. Bag me all you like but this guy is a cancer in our side, I dont give 2 shiiiites who replaces him, as im sure they will do a better job.
Bring on the FLAMING!!!
I agree totally. Manly are a better side without him and we would be too.
He is like a dud firecracker, you expect the big bang bug get a fizzle out.
If the **** doesn't fire up against his old side he never will.

Last edited by a moderator:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You would have thought last week after articles saying hes going to be the worse buy of the year he would have fired up but no .des seems so calm about him id love to know whats going on behind the scenes surely he cant be happy with how hes playing

Status
Not open for further replies.