Bad Supporters

Do you agree they give Bulldogs supports a bad image?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You see them (the same type of idiot) at every game sadly. The ones who can afford the jersey, bandwagon as supporters but have no interest in the game, and instead more interest in causing trouble.

There will ALWAYS be hecklers from opposing sides. It's part of the game. But you have three options when you are getting heckled (outside of the game/on way to game).

1. Fire up and mouth back, causing most likely a flare up or conflict from the other supporter.
2. Ignore them and go about your way (the most sensible solution).
3. Inform security/police nearby and let them resolve the issue.

Our club has done a downright brilliant job of turning the image of supporters around.

A short story... a few years ago still when the media were highlighting the Bulldogs as having problem supporters, I didn't attend live games. I feared that those diehard supporters were the ones the media claimed were causing problems and I didn't want to get involved in that. How wrong I was. If anything it's when you get amongst the TRUE supporters that you realise the idiots are minority. I'm so glad that I joined up as a member and got amongst the real fans, because it completely changed my perception on things.

The media is slowly coming around and you notice commentators often highlight supporters and The Kennel/Army on TV these days. Kennel members point out troublemakers where they can because even if you have 20,005 Bulldogs supporters, if you have 5 who start a brawl or trash a train, it won'tbe the other 20,000 good well behaved supporters that hit the newspaper, it'll be the 5 causing problems.

If anyone has mates who are prone to a bit of a brain explosion at the footy, give a clip around the ears and tell them to behave themselves if they start playing up. Their actions reflect negatively on an entire fan base.
That sounds great. I know you will always get a few clowns, that's the law of averages but if we help each other out then it WILL be an enjoyable experience for all!

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well It's not like you can do anything, If you don't want people swearing around your children, you'd cop a smack in the mouth if you gave somebody sh*t for it. Though no matter what team it is or who the surporters are, there is no place for abuse, racism, violence. And usually It's more alochol fueled, but there is noway they'd ban alcohol being served at venues. But as Slippery said It's pack mentality, They're big tough heroe's infront of their mates and think they're badas5 gangstas.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well It's not like you can do anything, If you don't want people swearing around your children, you'd cop a smack in the mouth if you gave somebody sh*t for it. Though no matter what team it is or who the surporters are, there is no place for abuse, racism, violence. And usually It's more alochol fueled, but there is noway they'd ban alcohol being served at venues. But as Slippery said It's pack mentality, They're big tough heroe's infront of their mates and think they're badas5 gangstas.
I agree and respect your comments.

I know there will be swearing and that is fine. The kids most probably here the same at school anyway.

If we were playing the Dragons for instance and my 5 year old Daughter would say "Boo Dragons" I would tell her to stop. She dose say it because I taught her as it pisses off one of my best friends (he is a big bloke and he can handle it). At the game if she said something like that, then I would certainly tell her to stop. But if she did say it, surely no-one would take offence from a 5 year old girl.

All I ask is that I would not want to get picked on while I am with my kids. If I did then surely fellow supporters (Bulldogs or rivals) should to help out.

To me this is something that should be automatic. If I saw a bloke punching a women in the street, I would jump it and give it back to him.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Last week at the tigers game on Friday night. I experienced something us proud supporters wouldn't like to see which gave our club a bad image for other supporters. Walking down from Moore Park to the Central station and then at the station there were these teenagers bulldogs supporters. they had drums chanting proudly for the club and everything. But when we arrived there was a tigers supporters who walked past them. This "thug" wearing a bulldogs jersey started to use foul language to him. saying this about ur mum this that (i dont want to mention wat he said). he was abusing him. the tigers fan almost re acted and would have started a fight with him but he didn't! these teenagers gang bulldogs supporters need to be careful! they are really hurting our clubs image off field towards other clubs even though its not in the media but soon it will. its really bad!! no one likes seeing that or being sworn at random people in public!! something needs to be done
I was with my mates infront of them as it happened. He spat on the ground yes?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After all that, I think its time for my kids to watch a game live soon!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Same with every other type of supporter tbh...

You can get really stereotypical Manly, Souths, Tigers, Roosters and etc supporters and god forbid when you go up to QLD for a Broncos vs 'Dogs game (Been there once) and it's NOT a great feeling. There's scumbag in every type of race, area, country and etc. you'd just learn to take the good with the bad. Fat bogans shouting out abuse is no worse than the same teenage 'Dogs fans who think they own the place.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bro u got no idea lmao. they called us bullwogs before then my mate re acted but we were just chanting lmao. we did noting rong bro relax urself. stop beating up the same stereotype we did nothing rong so relax. 3 times wenn we were walkin to the stadium we had abusue thrown towards us from bogan tigers fans and then wen we entered the ground that hotdog guy oputside allianz stadium called us all arab fkerrs, yet we didnt do anythjing we couldnt belted his hed in but we ignored it lmao. u got no idea, u probs saw one thing and decided to act

ur such a hero lmao belting up the same stereotype i was with them every second to and from the game from livo station back to the station

u lost the plot cuzzy get off ur highhorse
I can see one thing u done "rong" lol

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
If I was to witness this behavour I would be stepping in to have a little talk. When I attend games, I always wear my Bulldogs gear, proudly, win loss or draw. It is up to us, the more mature supporters, to lead with example to those young ones who would cause trouble. These people should treat people in the same way they expect people to treat their mothers.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
bro u got no idea lmao. they called us bullwogs before then my mate re acted but we were just chanting lmao. we did noting rong bro relax urself. stop beating up the same stereotype we did nothing rong so relax. 3 times wenn we were walkin to the stadium we had abusue thrown towards us from bogan tigers fans and then wen we entered the ground that hotdog guy oputside allianz stadium called us all arab fkerrs, yet we didnt do anythjing we couldnt belted his hed in but we ignored it lmao. u got no idea, u probs saw one thing and decided to act

ur such a hero lmao belting up the same stereotype i was with them every second to and from the game from livo station back to the station

u lost the plot cuzzy get off ur highhorse
What the fark is this dribble ? All I can see is "bro cuzzy somebody called me and my mates some names" . You know who gets upset when someone calls them names ? CHILDREN !!!!!
Do yourself and the world a favour and GROW UP !!!!!!

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why did we get stereotyped in the first place?? And dont give me the "the media picked on us" excuse...

P

Paint.

lol Dogs have one of the best supporter groups in the NRL. Only people who think otherwise are racists. #truestorybro

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
nobody likes a troublemaker but it's a society problem and there's stories about fans from every Club. Dismount the high horse and get a real problem imo.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
lol Dogs have one of the best supporter groups in the NRL. Only people who think otherwise are racists. #truestorybro
You and lebanesebulldog are the only ones to bring up race , who's the racist ? look in the mirror.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
I have to go back many years, it was when the Wynne Brothers were playing for St George and Parra. I went to Kogarah to watch Parra play St George and it was an exciting game. I also witnessned a car leaving the area after the game, covered in blue and gold. I witnessed a group of St George supporters set upon this vehicle and damage every panel on it. They were a family who went to the footy and showed their pride in their team, just to have a bunch of idiots kick the crap out of their car. This problem has been ongoing since sport was invented, and it will always continue while ever young men hunt in packs looking for trouble. I am afraid there is only one answer to the problem, and it rests with all those good, decent and honest supporters of ours to show the way and lead by example.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
These fckwits are massive scum. Especially the ones that wear red jumpers underneath their jerseys.

Pretty much the only good thing about ANZ Stadium is it keeps the hektiks out.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Except most of those fat bogans don't resort to violence when there is a problem.

The real idiots are the ones that decide to damage a train after a win though.. and even though they wear a jersey, if they truly cared about the team and other Bulldogs supporters they'd show a bit of self control and behave.

It only takes one idiot to tarnish many decent supporters.

That said ANZ these days seem to have it right with the SMS number at games. It goes to a central control room where they view all the cameras at ANZ, and from there can see what's going on and alert police/security on the ground.
Given that i drive to almost every game i haven't really witnessed the train destruction or much of the violence. Its also probable given the region that some 'Dogs fans come from that they're definitely more prone to being aggressive as opposed to other fans.

You have a point, but you've forgotten about those drunk fat bogans =P. Still if you compare a region like Manly to Canterbury/Bankstown you can understand why. Affluent areas tend to produce people who don't resort to violence as much, they think they have a lot more to lose.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Your experiences sound very appealing. I dont know you Jimmy but if you had a 5 year old daughter would you take her to the game on you own?
Champ doggies games are not even on a scale compared to some other sporting events. Go to any Australian vs anyone cricket match bogannns as far as the eye can see if you think racism is dead just go watch drunk white Australia at its finest they do everything they can to start a fight including throwing beer and food lucky for them Sri lankans and Indians for the most part ignore it i guess they know there easy targets. I doubt they would do this if they were playing a Lebanese or Samoan team this is one example Melbourne Victory and Sydney FC games are nothing but a battle royale both on and especially off the pitch.

AFL OMG there in the news frequently with fans hurling racial abuse towards opposition and its own players have you seen collingwood supporters for that matter have you be to Collingwood a mix of Campbelltown and Penrith and a mix of Manly. At the game on Friday there were 7 tigers supporters obviously of the Campbelltown breed literally could smell the alcohol and these were some of there comments. Everytime a NZ player got the ball tackle that Sheep f..... When Inu missed the kick one said they need El Masri the ****** back.... When a mistake was made go back and have another Kebab f off back to Bankstown but the worst was when Barba was killing it they kept refering to him as a Black C... all the other tigers fans either laughed or said nothing.

At the end of the day you can hide your children from this but lets face it this is reality and you cant keep children in some sort of bubble. Fact is the people saying this could be there teacher, there bus driver a friends parent and the reality is this is the way of the world. Stop listening to 2GB the KKK station with its ill informed and one side story commentary and experience things for yourself

P

Paint.

@Bulldogs_fan, just adding on to the discussion with jimmy earlier... do your parents let you go to footy games?

Status
Not open for further replies.