The Kennels most over hyped player

Status
Not open for further replies.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate - thanks for the reminder.

If memory serves me right SBW got sent off in that game for the high tackle on Andrew Johns up at Marathon.

We were up by about 20 at half time, we hung on with 12 men but Newcastle came back and got ahead of us.

About 2 minutes left we were attacking close to the line McIlwaine only had to catch the pass and pretty much fall over the line to win us the game.

No need to say what happened next ..... but the final score was 25-24.
We got screwed over earlier in that game when Hickey was denied a fair try which
would have killed off a comeback.... the Knights scored straight after... =(

We looked really sharp that day, even with 12 men.....

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
blame Rachel for that...

Here is another one coming from me...

Kane Cleal
Cleal was awesome until the filth Ben Ross give him a cheap shot, i seriously hope Ben Ross's neck breaks this season the filthy piece of sh!t.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Groom, Czislowski, C.Tonga, Holdsworth, C.Hughes

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Let me share some names from the 2007 side. I think these are all contenders:

Lee TeMaari - Kept waiting...waiting....
Jon Green - played about a minute's good football
Jarrad Hickey - promised so much
Heka Nanai - my vote for worst winger ever
Reni Maitua - a brief period of excellence followed by oceans of mediocrity and on massive money.

I actually am a Holdsworth fan and felt sorry that they kept playing him at no. 7 where he was plainly crap. Aaron Groom was the Ben Barba of his day. What was the name of that other young bloke who scored a sensational try looked like he could be anything then was sacked for drunken behaviour and went eventually to the Storm where he beat up some kids? He was certainly a candidate for over hyped.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I forgot Leon Bott, the fastest man who ever lived? Who remembers Leon?

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
how did we forget Taumata? (waits for Simmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmo to come in both hands fapping)

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
That's him. Taumata. We could put up an entire thread about Taumata and what he never was.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ben barba(Potential but ffs people wanted him in fg in his fkn debut toyota cup year) Aaron groom i still lol about that those would be the top 2

People dont like roberts because of his polly tats they like him because he created a ****load of our attack in 2009, They saw morris scoring trys and actually saw why he got through those gaps... Some people only see the try scorer

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
michael Sullivan
In fairness Groom and Sullivan were never given the chance in first grade, ergo can't really be counted as most over hyped players in my opinion.

Sully actually didn't play badly when he filled in in first grade, but in all honesty, when the teams full of bad players everyone looks bad.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Ben barba(Potential but ffs people wanted him in fg in his fkn debut toyota cup year) Aaron groom i still lol about that those would be the top 2

People dont like roberts because of his polly tats they like him because he created a ****load of our attack in 2009, They saw morris scoring trys and actually saw why he got through those gaps... Some people only see the try scorer
people don't like Robert because of his brain exPlosions he does on the field it's got nothing to do with his tats

I will remind you kicking the ball on the 3rd against south
I'll put a 100 on Robert having a brain explosion this year

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my biggest disappointments was Frank Winterstein......
he looked like Tarzan but played like Jane.... =(

Status
Not open for further replies.