Fight hots up for Morris twins

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/fight-hots-up-for-morris-twins/story-e6frexni-1225940397708

THE Morris twins could be reunited at St George Illawarra in 2012 if the Dragons have their way in the NRL open market.

Split up when Josh signed with the Bulldogs at the end of 2009, Sport Confidential understands the Dragons are most keen to reunite the sons of Steve "Slippery" Morris in the Red V.

Both left-edge players, the twins would be guaranteed to form a dangerous one-two punch for the premiers.

But the Bulldogs are bound to want to have a say in the matter, with Josh one of their best signings of the past two years.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Dragons want him (and can afford him), he's as good as gone. Going to hate to see him leave but i cant see him staying with his brother at the Dragons.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought he left the Dragons on bad terms? Something to do with Gasnier and his union move? I wish we had've signed Brett when we had the chance.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He wont go back. Saw him out with Goodwin when Brett just re-signed with the Dragons and we asked him why and he said his brother was too cat(another word that means cat) whipped. If the Dogs give him good ball next year he'll stay.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said this a while back would not surprise me if it happens but Dragons would have to be over the cap if they sign Josh
If Josh was not injured he is almost automatic selection for Kangaroos squad his next contract will bring big money
some big names already at the dragons

Weyman
Morris
Gasnier
Soward
Boyd
Creagh
Beau Scott is now a nsw rep

and these guys will be due for a good upgrade
Dan Hunt
Prior
Kyle Stanley
Merrin

if they get him I want to know what they are paying those players because it would be a joke almost all those players are current rep stars

and by 2012 they will all be worth even more as they will all be premeirship players

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bulldogs should target Brett, that will stuff em up.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO NO NO NO NO

If he leaves i will so upset. if he does go where are they gonna put him bench?

Morris one of our best and the bulldogs should do everything to keep him, i was hoping a deal could be done soon so we dont get this.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
Why fight it for? If he doesn't want to play for us anymore, then let him go...

The club is bigger than any player. Always has been. Always will be.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Why fight it for? If he doesn't want to play for us anymore, then let him go...

The club is bigger than any player. Always has been. Always will be.
Agreed ...

He's a top player but he's not without faults ... rarely looks to link with the winger, rarely goes looking for work (very quiet this year)

Love for him to stay, but mmmhhh like bear said, the club is bigger than any player

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
NO NO NO NO NO

If he leaves i will so upset. if he does go where are they gonna put him bench?

Morris one of our best and the bulldogs should do everything to keep him, i was hoping a deal could be done soon so we dont get this.
im pretty sure that at the end of 2011, they are going to "consider" the retirement of matt cooper.. and thefore a left centre spot is open for josh by 2012,thats when all the big money plays will be involved and steve and brett will ask him to come back. i dont want him to go, but dam it seems likely he will.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he plays in 2011 like he did this season I will help him pack

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agreed ...

He's a top player but he's not without faults ... rarely looks to link with the winger, rarely goes looking for work (very quiet this year)

Love for him to stay, but mmmhhh like bear said, the club is bigger than any player
Im with you completely.

This is not exactly a breaking news story by the tele either. There has been rumors and speculation they want to play together again since Josh joined us

Sherwin_7

Shifty Sherwin
Reaction score
Get lost Dragons.. He left for a reason and I dont want him to go back.. He was a great player for us last year, unfortunatly he has been a bit quite this year however I have a feeling he will have a big year next year because he will want to show that he is worth the big money.. I have faith in greenburg to get the job done..

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im pretty sure that at the end of 2011, they are going to "consider" the retirement of matt cooper.. and thefore a left centre spot is open for josh by 2012,thats when all the big money plays will be involved and steve and brett will ask him to come back. i dont want him to go, but dam it seems likely he will.
Cooper Retiring? How old is he?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are getting worked up on a nothing article written in a sh1t paper by a wannabe journo...
Morris is not going anywhere, The dragqueens cann't afford him, especialy if he has a good 2011 season. heck we might even get his brother..

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i stopped reading when I saw this line

Split up when Josh signed with the Bulldogs at the end of 2009,

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs to improve dramatically from last seasons form to warrant a contract upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.