Fight hots up for Morris twins

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I would love for Morris to stay, but if he goes then I'm far from moved.

Morris was one of our worst this year in my books. Centres are not hard to find these days either, he's very much replaceable.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would be great if we signed Brett which we were apparently close to doing in 2009. I think Josh staying would be ideal, he is a quality player and we have also been a big team for chopping and changing so losing a player like that and then having to replace him wouldn't be ideal at all.

That said, if he doesn't want to be here, which I don't think is the case anyway, then he should be let go, no point having a player who doesn't want to wear the shirt and do well for the club like the hacks we saw wearing the jersey this season.

In addition, it is a paper with absolutely no source except the fact that Josh is off contract next season. Former Dragons player + twin brother at Dragons + off contract = shtty off-season story.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love for Morris to stay, but if he goes then I'm far from moved.

Morris was one of our worst this year in my books. Centres are not hard to find these days either, he's very much replaceable.
i'd make a play for Robbie Fruen from Canterbury. That bloke is a beast.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Everything I've heard points in the opposite direction (that being that Brett is on the outer with the Dragons).

Yes the Dragons might make back money on Cooper (who is supposidely retiring/heading to union) but it's already spent (plus overs) on resigning Gasnier (whose full contract kicks into gear next year).

Brett wanted a pay rise last contract and was overlooked as they spent their $$ on Gasnier.

Likewise Beau Scott is looking to move back into the centres for the departing Cooper.

That leaves no space in the backline for J Mo.

This is all heresay from rumors I've heard, but source is pretty creditable.

Boyd / Morris / Gasnier / Scott / Nightingale will be their backline.

He needs to improve dramatically from last seasons form to warrant a contract upgrade
Well when the player that serves ball to that side of the field is out for half a season, Goodwin and Morris are hardly to blame.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a big Josh Moz fan, but he was very ordinary last season....

Sure his go to man Benny was out for most of the year, but
he was terrible apart from the Roosters game at ANZ.... in
the game against the Bunnies at Easter he got owned by
Champion.....

He was also playing selfishly, he had Bryson in the open a few
times but constantly went himself.... trying to beat his brother
in try scoring, rather than playing for the team....

Heres hoping he has a better 2011....

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
He will be back to the Dragons as Matty Cooper is not too far from moving on!!

Reaction score
I hope he wants to stay, he is going to be extremly good in future years for whoever he plays for. He had a quiet season last year but afew things he did in the last few games confirmed he's the real deal, and players like him aren't easy to replace.

by winning the GF maybe it will be harder for the dragqueens to sign him

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed ...

He's a top player but he's not without faults ... rarely looks to link with the winger, rarely goes looking for work (very quiet this year)

Love for him to stay, but mmmhhh like bear said, the club is bigger than any player
And has a horrible horrible passing game.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The mail is Cooper will go to ESL after 2011

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
How are they going to fit kyle stanley lol

they can take Josh if they give us Kyle :p

phelps_fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see him staying and would not be shocked if he did sign with the Dragons. And it also wouldn't surprise me if Bennett leaves when his contract expires. Boyd has always said he will leave with Bennett does so if that happenes, it will free up some cap space for them.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL this article says nothing that most didnt already assume.

I could have written this.....

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not worth talking about the cap etc, Because bennet + boyd might end up back in qld which leave them with an open spot in the backline

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Who cares tbh. Players come and go. We'll hardly fall apart if we lose Josh Morris.

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well we could get Kyle,Hodges or Chris Lawrence as a replacement... :grinning:

Even know i hate Hodges

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are they going to fit kyle stanley lol

they can take Josh if they give us Kyle :p
x2

lets drive up the price of Brett, so we can get Kyle Stanley!!!!

im sure if we offered him decent coin, Kyle wont hesitate to join us... (especially after what the dragons did to him this year, had a brilliant 2010, then they replaced him with Gasnier with like a month to go in the finals!!! what a dog act!! he deserves a premiership ring, NOT Gasnier!!!!! lets get Stanley, i think he would consider just like when his brother left the saints to join up with the storm last year!!! the Stanley brothers are guns!!! Lets get Kyle Stanley!!!!!

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
I don't see the problem we always knew he would return to the Dragons at some stage - he didn't exactly set the world on fire in 2010.
There are pleanty of good centres in the comp that could replace him.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Morris is a quality player and a proven try scorer when the team controls the ruck and makes the room wide which we haven't done. I'd hate to lose him because we weren't good enough to get him quality ball. I reckon he could be our player of the year next year easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.