Ennis for captaincy

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well, Ennis is the only option we have. I'd rather he wasn't captain as to me, a captain should be one of the smartest and most level headed players on the team. Not a loose cannon who gives away a tonne of penalties and takes way too many stupid plays. But at least he has passion and would fire the boys up and maybe the captaincy would mature his game the way it did Gallen.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ennis and Tolman are the only two in the team who are certain to be selected every week. Tolman is too new to us so I would guess it would have to be Ennis. Maybe it will make him stand up a little more and take responsibility. Less sledging. Could be good for him and the club.
NAAAA, the opposite, the more sledging the better and no one does it better than Ennis!!!

bite man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well, Ennis is the only option we have. I'd rather he wasn't captain as to me, a captain should be one of the smartest and most level headed players on the team. Not a loose cannon who gives away a tonne of penalties and takes way too many stupid plays. But at least he has passion and would fire the boys up and maybe the captaincy would mature his game the way it did Gallen.
make mitey joe captain no one would fu.k with joe romelo he maybe young but he leads the way with his hard hitting defence! a good strong hard young skipper thats what we need..that does'nt take a backward step !

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Ennis is out for the rest of the year, would you drop him in to the Captaincy first thing next year?

I agree that he is a loose cannon.

I worry that the Refs wouldn't respect a Captain who has been voted as the biggest grub in the game by the other players.

Would they pay attention to his querying of dubious calls? Or just ignore him as being 'typical Ennis trying to cause trouble'.

I personally don't think he is a grub, but he is definitely a stirrer with a well-deserved reputation.

Also, would the players of the other teams respect him in the position of Captain? The players that voted him as the biggest grub in the game.

My vote would be for Stagg.

P

Paint.

That was months ago.

Question now is, will Stagg be starting next year? Will he even be at the club?

Dogz_supporter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its a mixed situation for me. Ennis is that guy that will definitely fire the team up and yell and do whatever he can. But, with that all said, what happens when he gets sent off, Surely you can all see that in the future. Would this not kinda let them down
Stagg should be vice, he doesnt have the voice on him

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
James Graham is an option. Isn't he the captain of England?

Maybe we can have a co-captaincy between Graham and Ennis.

P

Paint.

James Graham is an option. Isn't he the captain of England?

Maybe we can have a co-captaincy between Graham and Ennis.
He's not captain, he's vice-vice-captain. They're first and second choice were injured.

anfo

Waterboy
Reaction score
ennis 100% for captaincy most passionate bloke on the field.. is a loose cannon at times but he will obviously have to work controlling that

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Default captain, though i find it hard to accept someone who leads the NRL for penalties and he has missed 6 or so games this year.

TheBarba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with everyone on Ennis, but I also think highly of Graham. If he has a good offseason and fits in well with the club.....

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Ennis, definate captain. End thread

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no not ennis... He is the nrl's biggest pest, gives away far too many penalties.. in short, he's just far too irresponsible for the captaincy. Besides, if we make him captain, we virtually make him undroppable - and, quite frankly, his form is definitely not good enuf to be in that category. maybe we should look at Tolman??

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was months ago.

Question now is, will Stagg be starting next year? Will he even be at the club?
Love it, love it, love it how stagg is finally being shown for the mediocre player he is!!!! Now ppl are rightly questioning his position in the squad.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman, Graham, Halatau, Stagg and Ennis are probably our only candidates. Would like a co-captaincy going a bit. Captain needs to be a talker on the field on most occasions, aka Anasta, Hindmarsh, Gallen, Civoniceva, Farah, Smith. They are always in the refs face when a decision doesnt go there way.

I would have Halatau and Tolman as captain. Both are 80 minute players. Graham needs to accustom to the speed of the NRL before we give him captaincy. IMO Ennis gives too many penalties away and needs to not worry about sledging the other team just because he is captain. DOnt want him to have to change his game up at all. Stagg will be playing mostly on the bench next year i reckon and hence shouldnt be captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.