Moore left to defend the troops

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Toro

From LeagueHQ (SMH)

BULLDOGS coach Kevin Moore believes his side's premiership campaign is still on track and that they will ''bounce back'' - despite an insipid performance without their veteran No.7 Brett Kimmorley.

Moore's men had been favourites to win the minor premiership and claim the J.J. Giltinan Shield but capitulated in the face of a Wests Tigers onslaught at the Sydney Football Stadium.

Moore said last night that Kimmorley's composure was missed but insisted it was not the reason for the Dogs' capitulation. ''The way the game went I don't think Brett would have made a huge amount of difference,'' Moore said. ''He certainly would have had a more positive affect on our composure. There were times where we were maybe a chance of getting ourselves back into the flow of the game and we probably took some poor opportunities. That is a lesson learnt - that you have got to maintain your composure and maintain your patience … trying to flick miracle balls on play two or three to get yourself back into the game is rarely the way to go.''

Moore insisted the loss wasn't a setback. ''In the overall picture I don't think it is,'' he said. ''It was certainly disappointing. We just got off to a terrible start, playing a team that had nothing to lose. I think the way the game went we just played into their hands a little bit. You can't win football games when you don't touch the ball for eight minutes. We've won 18 out of 24 games this year so we've been very consistent. Every time we've performed sub-standardly we've always bounced back for next week, so that's what I expect.''

Moore did say that Daniel Holdsworth's role as Bulldogs halfback will be reviewed.

''Daniel throughout the season has performed really well for us - when we've played good footy,'' Moore said. ''Tonight, nothing went our way. Certainly Daniel wasn't the reason [for the defeat].''

Missing out on the minor premiership would not weigh heavily on his team's mind, insisted Moore. ''I always said that it is just a by-product of your season.''

Kimmorley is expected to be out for up to a month after he suffered three fractures to his right cheekbone. But the halfback, who has had two titanium plates inserted his face, believes he could get back on the field within a fortnight.

Meanwhile, a lifting tackle from Bulldogs centre Josh Morris and fullback Luke Patten on Keith Galloway could come under scrutiny by the match review panel and further disrupt the Canterbury club's finals campaign.

''If anything, I thought Galloway maybe was playing for the penalty and dived at the ground a little bit,'' Moore said. ''I didn't think there was much in it at all. Very tame one.''

Bulldogs fans also came under the spotlight when a bottle was thrown on to the field just after Benji Marshall crossed for a try in the 52nd minute.

Seven Tigers had pain-killing injections to play last night and captain Robbie Farah is anticipating better things in 2010. ''I think there's a different feeling after this year,'' Farah said. ''I can't wait for next year. I'm optimistic that, even though we have missed the eight, we've taken a step in the right direction this year, and we're a better side than where we finished.''

L

lebo_dogz

yes his role at halfbak will be reviewed, that does mean he mite not play??

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol at the bottle throwing incident being mentioned

i think the nrl should deduct the tigers 2pts for bad crowd behaviour

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I thought before the match we could cope without BK, but now im not so sure. You could see him missing all over the place. From helping Idris and Haz out in defence to getting the ball out to our talented backs, from our kicking game to our kick-chase. We lacked cohesion, the glue that is BK. DJ is ok off the bench as a replacement but he has nothing as a starter. He was awful.

Also, did Ennis play? Didnt see him much. Like he wasnt there. And when he did play he was indecisive. He too was missing BK's linkups. Goodwin and Morris starved to death without the ball getting out there.

It seems a loss like BK would takes weeks to adjust to, and get combos going without him will take time, problem is we dont have weeks to get it right. We lose next week and we have to play the following week to stay alive, and BK wont be back before week 3 of the finals, which means we would have to win next week to see him again.

In our favour we will probably play Penriff or Newcastle who are not as good as the Tigers IMO. Tigers often give us a run for our money.

I cannot believe after such a great year something as stupid as a head collision could ruin the season.

Now its my turn to have no confidence in our chances and b1tch. We were like 2008 last night and it worries me.

And massive Doh! for missing the MP. We wont get another chance to go from last to first in our lifetimes.

I gave so many Saints supporters curry last week and thanked them for the MP, including most of my family who support them, i got so much egg on my face this week i cant see lol.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will play newcastle or eels.

I think we will only play penrith if they win by more then 40.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Moore is correct. We will bounce back next week and may well go in as underdogs next week also. Everyone will write us off now so that could do wonders for us also.
Seriously if that tackle even rates a mention during the week, then the NRL have completley lost the plot.

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to create a try from one tackle is difficult.
Patient build-up.
You've created good yard-age, interesting perspective.
Sunshine has created a form
on the paddock.
We'll get there next week.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Oh fark off Moore, you have NO fkn idea

Kimmorley would have made no difference .. please

We have been down by 10 many times this year, only difference is Kimmorley can compose the team and bring us 10-6 then 12-10 ...

His great plan was Roberts/Holdsworth FMD Wooden Spoon winning halves combination GREAT FKN WORK d!ckhead

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

We have been down by 10 many times this year, only difference is Kimmorley can compose the team and bring us 10-6 then 12-10 ...

His great plan was Roberts/Holdsworth FMD Wooden Spoon winning halves combination GREAT FKN WORK d!ckhead
Agree 100000000%

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pls adjust.
That's just ridiculous.
Need improvements in both defense and attack.

joey.t

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why can't we just give ben barba a go FMD, what do we have to lose he is obviously better then Holdswoth

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

And Barba would have done any better?

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
And Barba would have done any better?
Well we dont know that do we ... because some genius decided play 4 forwards off the bench all fkn year when he had an 80 minute backrow to begin with

Barba needed some game time all year so we had an option

Roberts/Holdsowrth is not an option, they are a FAILURE ..proven 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Problem now is i think Moore has to stick with that combo.

Barba would get smashed in finals football

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Fact of the matter is - Moore has been conservative all year and I don't see him as a risk taker going into the Finals.

Probably the only experimentation he has done is with Utai - using him as a utility off the bench.

He's not going to use Barba - it pisses me and everyone else the **** off, but it's a known FACT that using Barba even on the bench right now is a risk.

Moore had his chance this year to experiment in the halves with Barba - and didn't use it. He either ****ed up big time, or is 100% convinced that Barba would be a lot shiitter than Holdsworth.

T

Toro

Makes you wonder what life will be like when Noddy retires ay?

Who will be there to steer our team around then?

- Holdsworth? (if he's still with us, that is) .... YEAH, RIGHT!
- Barba? ... DON'T KID YOURSELVES!
- Blake Green? ... PFFFT... many say that he'll be the next Noddy for us! hahahaahah

So yeah, our future's looking soooo fkn bright!!!

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
under review means everyone can not talk about him until he gets picked at halfback lol

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Makes you wonder what life will be like when Noddy retires ay?

Who will be there to steer our team around then?

- Holdsworth? (if he's still with us, that is) .... YEAH, RIGHT!
- Barba? ... DON'T KID YOURSELVES!
- Blake Green? ... PFFFT... many say that he'll be the next Noddy for us! hahahaahah

So yeah, our future's looking soooo fkn bright!!!
still hoping signing mortimer back to tthe club :o

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its too late for Barba. You cant give the kid a run for his 5th game of the year in the finals at halfback. Maybe he should have been blooded throughout the year but that chance is gone now. Its week one of the finals now. We are only allowed one slip up in the next game and from there on in its sudden death.

Fact of the matter is we have absolutely no one able to cover halfback unless we play Ennis or Sullivan there. And they are not halfbacks by trade.

Next closes thing we have is probably Rhys Jack in under 20s :p
And he is not going that well either.

Status
Not open for further replies.