Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog Bruce

Bring on Rnd 1
Reaction score
Bulldogs warn Maroons over risking Ben Hannant in State of Origin III
Steve Ricketts
July 14, 2009 12:00am

BULLDOGS coach Kevin Moore yesterday warned the Queensland State of Origin hierarchy to be "very careful" about any plans they may have to play injured prop Ben Hannant in tomorrow night's third Origin match in Brisbane.

Moore said Hannant would not play for the Bulldogs against the Titans in Friday night's NRL Suncorp Stadium double header and he expected the 24-year-old to be sidelined by a medial ligament injury for at least another week.

Queensland skipper Darren Lockyer yesterday admitted Hannant was an "outside chance" to replace Steve Price if the veteran failed to recover from a virus.

There were unconfirmed reports Hannant had been sent for MRI scans yesterday to assess his recovery. Hannant has been with the Maroons since they went into camp at the Gold Coast last Tuesday.

"No one has been called in for Pricey yet and the only other guy I can think of is Ben," Lockyer said. "He's been running, but only in straight lines. I think he's just trying to work on his rehab and just be part of the team environment."

Moore said Hannant had been officially ruled out last week and that's where the matter rested.

"I've just arrived back from New Zealand and I haven't heard anything, but Queensland would want to be very careful about things given Ben has an injury we have been told will keep him out for up to six weeks," Moore said.

"I understand the passion Ben has for his state, but his long-term wellbeing is the most important thing."

Asked if Hannant was a chance to replace Price, Queensland team medico Dr Roy Saunders said: "I wouldn't think so."

Dr Saunders said Price's condition had improved considerably and he was expected to join the Maroons final training session at Suncorp Stadium tonight.

RUNNING INTO TROUBLE: Ben Hannant at Origin training.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25777558-10389,00.html

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tadpole said what he had to and I'm glad he did.

So now Hannant won't be playing even if Price is ruled out according to Roy Saunders?

Who knows what will happen, so many different conflicting reports.

What's best for Hannant and this club is that he doesn't play on one leg again tomorrow night when he isn't fully recovered from his injury and risking further injury which would rule him out of important club games at the end of the season and harm our premiership chances.

That wouldn't be good for anyone and no matter how much Hannant wants to play for Queensland he needs to be smart about things and look at the big picture.

Also, Queensland should be doing the right thing and not pick an injured player as a replacement and risking further injury to their future l#1 State of Origin prop for years to come.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Lockyer also said hannant is only running in str8 lines. He still can put weight on 1 leg or step or even do contact work.

Price will play, he wont let a bug stop him. It means too much to him. Even if he is out he wont get picked.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thank You Kevin Moore. You said what everybody was thinking

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Queensland play Hannant I will shank that fat fck Meninga.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Lockyer also said hannant is only running in str8 lines. He still can put weight on 1 leg or step or even do contact work.

Price will play, he wont let a bug stop him. It means too much to him. Even if he is out he wont get picked.
How do you run without being able to put weight on 1 leg :confused:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How do you run without being able to weight on 1 leg :confused:
They're playing hopscotch at QLD training hth. It's part of the reason they're so successful. They play that and "What's the time Mr. Wolf?" and that is the real secret of QLD's Origin dominance.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
They're playing hopscotch at QLD training hth. It's part of the reason they're so successful. They play that and "What's the time Mr. Wolf?" and that is the real secret of QLD's Origin dominance.
Red light green light ... red light green light :p

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
How do you run without being able to weight on 1 leg :confused:
when your running straight its totally different to when your trying to step. Much more weight will be on that one leg.

You so knew this but you just want to be a smarty pants Eden :slick:

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
when your running straight its totally different to when your trying to step. Much more weight will be on that one leg.

You so knew this but you just want to be a smarty pants Eden :slick:
I knew what you meant, but I wanted to get under your pants .. I mean skins oops hehe

:p

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I knew what you meant, but I wanted to get under your pants .. I mean skins oops hehe

:p
you should have said that in the 1st place!!!!! I would have undid the zipper for you :blush:

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the article I was hoping for in regards to this whole Hannant issue.

Let's hope the idea of him playing SOO 3 dies in the anus once and for ****ing all.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Props to Kevin for this, I wonder how many other rookie coaches would have had the balls to come out and say this to the Maroons.

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good on the coach. a dead rubber game isnt worth risking him

Status
Not open for further replies.