Goodwin and Millard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Full credit to the boyz, the whole team went animal for the 80 to ensure we got the two points, we dont have a bad player in the side.
Its games like that, that help you relize how good a 17 man effort is.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
All I want to say is where are the knobs that said Millard is slow?!!??!?!

He made a blistering run at least on one occasion when he ran past defenders and was instrumental in a lot of good attacking raids. See, he does have pace, he just takes some metres to wind up.

I criticised him last week for being hopeless on the left flank but boy did he address that quick. he was outstanding tonight and Goodwin has been great all season. How good was his overhead mark? Pity he was taken into touch afterwards but you can't ask much more of the bloke and he has exceeded everyone's expectations tbh.

The thing that is most amazing to me this season is how quickly our players are adapting and how resilient they are. We see players go down injured and they often play on. We also see players improve dramatically in a short space of time.

Moore is certainly instrumental in this.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

He made a blistering run at least on one occasion when he ran past defenders and was instrumental in a lot of good attacking raids. See, he does have pace, he just takes some metres to wind up.

I criticised him last week for being hopeless on the left flank but boy did he address that quick. he was outstanding tonight and Goodwin has been great all season. How good was his overhead mark? Pity he was taken into touch afterwards but you can't ask much more of the bloke and he has exceeded everyone's expectations tbh.

The thing that is most amazing to me this season is how quickly our players are adapting and how resilient they are. We see players go down injured and they often play on. We also see players improve dramatically in a short space of time.

Moore is certainly instrumental in this.

Compared to morris, He is slow lol, Morris has the potential to become one of the best centers in the game atm his up there with jennings etc, Millard has been in good form, You would love to see a bloke thats in good form get rewarded but **** morris is the better player i feel sorry for who ever has to tap millard on the shoulder when morris is fit and ready lol What do you the hell do you tell the bloke? You have to play in the reggies next week even though you have been on fire sorry lol.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Um he ran on the outside of Chambers tempo...who isn't a noted speedstar...

He isn't as slow as a i first thought, but outgunning Chambers in a footrace is hardly something he should be praised for..

Plus he wasn't exactly far from being tackled...hence why he threw the pass inside...Had Morris been there it would've been a try due to him being far faster than Chambers

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Um he ran on the outside of Chambers tempo...who isn't a noted speedstar...

He isn't as slow as a i first thought, but outgunning Chambers in a footrace is hardly something he should be praised for..

Plus he wasn't exactly far from being tackled...hence why he threw the pass inside...Had Morris been there it would've been a try due to him being far faster than Chambers
Chambers is quick enough. Not a speedster but quick. Millard pretty much outran Turner as well though who is pretty quick. I don't think anyone can argue that this year he is much, much faster than he was and has better footwork and skill than ever. He really has played well and even his biggest doubters must be impressed.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Compared to morris, He is slow lol, Morris has the potential to become one of the best centers in the game atm his up there with jennings etc, Millard has been in good form, You would love to see a bloke thats in good form get rewarded but **** morris is the better player i feel sorry for who ever has to tap millard on the shoulder when morris is fit and ready lol What do you the hell do you tell the bloke? You have to play in the reggies next week even though you have been on fire sorry lol.
Honestly, I know you love Haz and I don't want this to be seen as a Haz bashing comment but if you are going on form, then when Morris gets back you would keep Millard in the centres and move Jamal to the wing and drop Haz.

Hazem has been solid and good this year and hasn't really been exposed at all. He deserves his place in the team. But Millard has shown more as have Morris, Goodwin and Idris. Therefore you would assume that Haz would unfortunately be the odd man out. Going purely on form that is.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
not such an easy choice when morris is back
Good position for the coaching staff to be in, having to choose between confident in form players.

Agree with Btrainben that our backline would have more punch without Haz, but having said that Haz is playing as well as he ever has in the past 2-3 years...and his kicking is fabulous.

All the "Millard love" is amusing & smacks of hypocrisy, considering up until a week ago most here rated him a dud, unworthy of his spot.

C

chipandchase

absolutely correct, Millard played great but Morris is faster and a better player.
the break Millard made down the wing for the no try, they would not have caught Morris, that is the difference, Morris has the pace Millard doesnt.
yes it is only a length or two but that is what makes all the difference.
the good thing is that we have depth, if Millard is to go then the only player he will replace is Haz or he goes back to the reggies.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been a Millard fan since we signed him from the Dragons... But he is going to have to go. Morris will slot right back in. To say he will replace Haz is ridiculous. He's going to play right wing is he?

On another note, the only way he'd make the team is he takes over Buddy's role on the bench

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've been a Millard fan since we signed him from the Dragons... But he is going to have to go. Morris will slot right back in. To say he will replace Haz is ridiculous. He's going to play right wing is he?
No. Jamal would shift to the wing replacing Hazem when Morris comes back and Millard would stay in the centres.

S

Snake Jailbird

Fluke. You will be all giving him **** next week once again.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, I know you love Haz and I don't want this to be seen as a Haz bashing comment but if you are going on form, then when Morris gets back you would keep Millard in the centres and move Jamal to the wing and drop Haz.

Hazem has been solid and good this year and hasn't really been exposed at all. He deserves his place in the team. But Millard has shown more as have Morris, Goodwin and Idris. Therefore you would assume that Haz would unfortunately be the odd man out. Going purely on form that is.
I was thinking the same thing, But then i relised that we would be wasting idris on the wing, He gets alot more ball at center, Its like the broncos when they moved falou to the centers for a game he was 10 x more effective, With morris we have strike power from anywhere on the field, We can score from our own 20 for eg manly round 1 once ennis made a lil break there was no chance in hell that morris would be stoped 70 out if hes fit and his injury has not caused him to lose speed i cant see him getting caught by anyone once his into open space.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
MIllard and Goodwin let in the softest try against Melb. Cant blame Roberts this time either lolol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, But then i relised that we would be wasting idris on the wing, He gets alot more ball at center, Its like the broncos when they moved falou to the centers for a game he was 10 x more effective.
His future is definitely in the centres and I would rather have him there but like I said, if Millard continues this form then someone has to be dropped and the guy to miss out IMO would be Haz.

Jamal can easily play wing and defends/attacks on the wing with kicks anyway.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I cant see haz being replaced if you told me that before the season started on last years form i would not have been suprised, But kicking 5/5 and keeping the storm out for 80mins defending against inglis i cant see him going anywhere, Millard/goodwins side is where both trys were scored.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
idris wont play wing, such a waste besides his legs wont last the distance due to kick returns lol.

3 options imo:

1) Millard will be relegated to NSW Cup for Morris.

2) Going by what Tadpole has done previously, Morris will be eased back into NSW Cup

3) Bench him for a game or 2 to get fit?

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
idris wont play wing, such a waste besides his legs wont last the distance due to kick returns lol.

3 options imo:

1) Millard will be relegated to NSW Cup for Morris.

2) Going by what Tadpole has done previously, Morris will be eased back into NSW Cup

3) Bench him for a game or 2 to get fit?
That wont happen lol, His to expensive to be playing in the reggies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't see why you guys think Jamal wouldn't handle the wing?

Again, it would be better if he was in the centres, but he has played wing, plays half of every game on the wing now and is a good winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.