Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else seen much about the PS4 exclusive game Until Dawn? It's a survival horror game based around 8 friends staying at a mountain resort who u play as each one, catch is any or all can die within the game. It plays like a slasher movie but interactive. It's got me interested as i love horror games/ movies plus one of the characters in the game is voiced by Hayden Panettiere and her likeness too.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone else seen much about the PS4 exclusive game Until Dawn? It's a survival horror game based around 8 friends staying at a mountain resort who u play as each one, catch is any or all can die within the game. It plays like a slasher movie but interactive. It's got me interested as i love horror games/ movies plus one of the characters in the game is voiced by Hayden Panettiere and her likeness too.
"Until Dawn is designed to be replayed multiple times as players will not be able to understand the full story with only just one playthrough. Each playthrough will last about 9 hours in length and the game mechanics will utilize a new in-game system called the “Butterfly Effect” in which any choice of action by the player may cause major unforeseen consequences later on. Throughout the game players will make difficult decisions during ethical or moral dilemmas such as to sacrifice one character in order to save another as one example. The “Butterfly Effect” system blurs the line between right and wrong decisions and it is possible for players to keep all eight characters alive or to have them all killed, allowing for many different paths and scenarios players can take and seemingly endless multiple endings. Until Dawn will have a strict auto-save system to prevent players from reloading a previous save file to an earlier point in the game if they regret an in-game decision that they have made"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Until_Dawn

Never heard of it before today. Sounds interesting. It's like a more serious version of the game "Dyscourse". In Dyscourse you're basically trapped on an island with a bunch of other characters and you have to try make it off alive but each decision you make has mass repercussions. It's designed to be played many times over getting a different game each time.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My ears pricked up might have to get a ps4 now , but ill be on state of decay now for a long time

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
My ears pricked up might have to get a ps4 now , but ill be on state of decay now for a long time
Yeah i'm not sure when Until Dawn comes out, rumour has it june/july this year. I just invested in a PS4 just for this game...well it was part of my reason to get one. I had State Of Decay on my 360, not a bad game at all for a small company.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Sorry if it's been said before I wasn't going to read the whole thread but does anyone know anything about the ps4 not turning on it has the blue light flash once and that's it won't turn on

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry if it's been said before I wasn't going to read the whole thread but does anyone know anything about the ps4 not turning on it has the blue light flash once and that's it won't turn on
Pretty common problem but many different causes. Try turning it off (hold the power button for about 7 seconds) then unplug everything. Check the connections to make sure they don't look bent or warped at all. Reconnect it all and try again. If this doesn't work you can try replacing the HDMI cable and try connecting the cable to a different port on the TV. If this doesn't work then the power supply may be faulty and you'll have to contact Sony.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Pretty common problem but many different causes. Try turning it off (hold the power button for about 7 seconds) then unplug everything. Check the connections to make sure they don't look bent or warped at all. Reconnect it all and try again. If this doesn't work you can try replacing the HDMI cable and try connecting the cable to a different port on the TV. If this doesn't work then the power supply may be faulty and you'll have to contact Sony.
I have tried all those things and even took the hard rive out and turning it on still same shit won't turn on I'm baffled

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have tried all those things and even took the hard rive out and turning it on still same shit won't turn on I'm baffled
Those storms were terrible and damaged a lot of appliances
Wink wink

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a white ps4 with 5 games from EB Games for $598.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone got Project CARS? Just wondering what people's thoughts are on it.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone got Project CARS? Just wondering what people's thoughts are on it.
Got it on pc fkn love it playing it maxed @ 2560x1440p with a g27 by far the best handling/looking car game ever made.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got it on pc fkn love it playing it maxed @ 2560x1440p with a g27 by far the best handling/looking car game ever made.
So is it worth a purchase?

Also on another note i see that The Witcher 3
has been released early in some parts of the world.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
seems the only game thats worth owning that isnt multiplat is bloodborne, going to wait a while until it has more exclusives.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also on another note i see that The Witcher 3
has been released early in some parts of the world.
Its only for preload at the moment I dont think anyone can play it till the 19th. I've been playing through the witcher games in preparation for it pretty hyped, wont have a social life for a month.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its only for preload at the moment I dont think anyone can play it till the 19th. I've been playing through the witcher games in preparation for it pretty hyped, wont have a social life for a month.
Yeah i'm looking forward to it. I really liked the Witcher 2 and this one looks like it's gonna be even better.

Also did you see the video of Conan O'Brian playing it, it was actually funny.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah i'm looking forward to it. I really liked the Witcher 2 and this one looks like it's gonna be even better.

Also did you see the video of Conan O'Brian playing it, it was actually funny.
I havent seen that one but I've watched others, the mortal kombat one was really good.